RD Formula Manager - Season 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay yeah I'm done with this whole situation, and by showing that I'll quit the deal with Blackcat, I wanna stop this as it's really pissing me off. Ferrari engine @Omer Said. I'll contact you via pm what my changes in buys will be. Fun time is over

Good to see it had the desired effect.

1) If max customer limit is introduced (no matter if it is only midseason), and it's 4, I'd like to be allowed to change buys as having 2 teams with different engines is not the way I want to go.

2) Don't allow customer engines for free. It's fine if it's a 3 upgrades per 5 races thingy (which equals 1500cr!) or something like, eventually combined with a fee for failing to do them.

3) Restricting engine updates per manufacturer is no good, see @Sasha Jednak's point. Also we already are very restriced on upgrades. Just look at how much money I had left despite always spending lots last season.

How about making it possible to engine upgrade to fail? And keeping everything as it is...
We already have risky research for that.

This has just been the perfect example of: "hey, you did something bad to me, now I've got to do the same to you". Like come on people, please.....
I tried it with words, noone cared. So it had to be the extreme way. It was even done in an obvious way, you just need to look at the sponsor choices.

Apologies @Omer Said for going down that route, but I feel else it wouldn't have been heard. No need for apologies on your end imo, and better have the mess now than midseason.

Question (probably stupid): The setups are for each track or for all the tracks (like the F1 gearbox)
All tracks. But you can change by 10 pts between races using a test driver and the test driver training marketplace item, and also for free during the midseason tests (also 10pts).

You can have different setups for each driver.

All tracks. But you can change by 10 pts between races using a test driver and the test driver training marketplace item, and also for free during the midseason tests (also 10pts).

You can have different setups for each driver.

You have to buy the test drivers in the marketplace, but everyone gets a free one at the mid-season test, plus a free random upgrade. So, my setups that I PM'd to Omer are locked in for at least 4 races unless I buy a test driver earlier than that. At the mid-season test, I can adjust up to 10 points between the different categories, but I'm still capped at 100 points in total. Is this all correct so far?

2) @Omer Said Can the owner of engine decide what is upgraded on engine even for sister team upgrade?
It is not possible, only the main team manufacturing the engine can decide. :thumbsup:

.................................................... ATTENTION ALL MANAGERS !

The more i think about this situation, and more i read your comments, you convinced me that a strict rule change should be done NOW and be done with it. Otherwise there will be complaints throughout the whole season (rightly complaints to most extent). So here is my final proposal, please give your feedback on this (@Sasha Jednak @Aidan Keranen as you have 2 sister teams):

- Remove the 3rd sister teams, and refund the concerned managers.
- Set 4-Team per engine cap now. Aston Martin will have 4 teams as Keranen AMR is removed. Blackcat's situation is a bit more complicated. Two of the customers should leave the partnership. @Márk Lintner expressed that he plays only for developing Milos' engines, so he might be interested in leaving. Not forcing anyone to leave though! More managers are always welcome, as long as they genuinely want to play, like @rubaru as the newest example.
- Customers should pay at least 50 credits per car (each race) to the engine manufacturer. Paid after races, not before. The Manufacturers can still make other kind of deals though, and pay the engine costs from their own pockets. At least 50 credits per engine must be paid somehow in any case.
- When an engine gets level 10 or above on any aspect (speed, durability or reliability), the customers' engine tests will have a %50 chance of failure. The half of the money is refunded to the team if the test fails. The manufacturer can still develop by picking the area he wants to be developed and instantly develop it.
- Regarding @kedy89 's "no place to spend money" issue, an extra Risky Research can be conducted with a double cost. (2000 credits) You can do even more with increasing costs (3000, 4000, 5000 ... ).

Items above are NOT FINAL right now. This is my latest draft on the matter, it might change with the upcoming criticism. I thank you all for your criticism and ideas, hopefully we will reach a nice middle-ground soon with further reviews.

- Customers should pay at least 50 credits per car (each race) to the engine manufacturer. Paid after races, not before. The Manufacturers can still make other kind of deals though, and pay the engine costs from their own pockets. At least 50 credits per engine must be paid somehow in any case.
So do I now have to pay $50 per race for using Audrey engines?

@Omer Said here is copied and updated data for my teams:
Red Night
Money - 9950 cr

Engine: Riferra - 8000 cr
Tyres: Bridgestone - 400 cr
Sponsors: C-F
Favorite track: Belgium
Engine upgrade - reliability - 500 cr
Chassis upgrade- 500 cr
Durability upgrade - 500 cr
Total - 9900 cr
Money left - 50 cr

Thunderstorm Racing
Money - 5250 cr

Engine: Riferra
Tyres: Bridgestone - 400 cr
Sponsors: F-J
Favorite track: Italy
Engine upgrade - 500 cr (is this random or I can choose what to upgrade? (I guess random, just didn't understood your answer 100%))
Sister team - 3500 cr
Durability upgrade - 500 cr
Chassis upgrade - 500 cr
Raikkonen Speed + Tyre mastery - 800 cr
Kubica Speed + Tyre mastery - 800 cr
Total - 3500 cr
Money left - 1750 cr

@Manolis Sigoulakis engine deal stays the same. Omer, 1 engine upgrade in 5 races means 100 cr per race. Is that ok with this "at least 50 cr"?

Also, we have a free engine spot as we supply only 3 teams. If anyone is interested please contact me through PM.:thumbsup:

@Manolis Sigoulakis engine deal stays the same. Omer, 1 engine upgrade in 5 races means 100 cr per race. Is that ok with this "at least 50 cr"?

A credits should be paid. Engine upgrade is still an advantage. You can pay 100 cr after each race instead of him, or you can share 50-50. :thumbsup:

Or i don't know. That item (at least 50 credits cost for engines) might be scrapped if managers do not want it. The important ones were sister teams and maximum teams per engines.

Sister team's engine test result is random, can't be selected.

reviewed buys
Keranen Motorsport (4600) (change the colours to Background=R:70, G:113, B:94, Wording=White)
Engine: Aston Martin (100 per car per race as stated in rules)
Michelin tyres (400)
+1 Engine Upgrade (500)
+1 Risky Research (1000)
+2 Chassis Upgrade (1000)
+2 speed Watson (800)
+2 speed Rosberg (800)
=4500 spent (not including engine price), 100 remaining
Favourite Track: United Kingdom
Sponsors C+E

Something to think about, probably next season as there is no point now.
Take away restrictions on sister teams (or at least more than two)
Each manager may only develop one engine. That engine may only supply one sister team.
To stop a "you scratch my back I scratch your back" situation, you then limit a manager from purchasing other developed engines, say you can have 3 teams with developed engines (So I could have Team 1 which made the engine, Team 2 uses that engine, Team 3 uses someone elses engine, so a theoretical team 4 has to use Ferrari/Merc/BMW/Honda/Cosworth).
That's an option imo.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 161052

I'm lucky I wasn't involved in the massive discussion...

+2 speed Watson (1000)
Driver training is 400 cr, which saves you another 200 cr. You can pass 50% to me instead of thank you. :thumbsup:

@Omer Said could you consider on more flexible buying updates. I mean at the moment as soon as we post our buying that is it and we are not allowed to make changes. So basically that punishes those that post first since others can use their posts as guide for their own upgrade.:cautious:
What I would propose is that you set exact time when marketplace is closed and then also post CLOSED. (You can see time of edit for all posts right?) All changes after that time are not taken into account. Would that make things to harder for you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Something to think about, probably next season as there is no point now.
Take away restrictions on sister teams (or at least more than two)
Each manager may only develop one engine. That engine may only supply one sister team.
To stop a "you scratch my back I scratch your back" situation, you then limit a manager from purchasing other developed engines, say you can have 3 teams with developed engines (So I could have Team 1 which made the engine, Team 2 uses that engine, Team 3 uses someone elses engine, so a theoretical team 4 has to use Ferrari/Merc/BMW/Honda/Cosworth).
That's an option imo.

That is a possible solution to re-introduce more sister teams. I am also considering running a feeder series with simultenaous updates in which you can have teams with 3 young drivers to train and also earn money for your main team in the main series. Feeder series races will be half-length, only one tyre/engine supplier, no car upgrades. Setups will be permitted and might be more effective.

@Omer Said could you consider on more flexible buying updates. I mean at the moment as soon as we post our buying that is it and we are not allowed to make changes. So basically that punishes those that post first since others can use their posts as guide for their own upgrade.:cautious:
What I would propose is that you set exact time when marketplace is closed and then also post CLOSED. (You can see time of edit for all posts right?) All changes after that time are not taken into account. Would that make things to harder for you?

I fear that there might be too many last minute changes and some managers might make "bluff" purchases to trick other managers. But managers all want such a change, it can be implemented.

That is a possible solution to re-introduce more sister teams. I am also considering running a feeder series with simultenaous updates in which you can have teams with 3 young drivers to train and also earn money for your main team in the main series. Feeder series races will be half-length, only one tyre/engine supplier, no car upgrades. Setups will be permitted and might be more effective.

I fear that there might be too many last minute changes and some managers might make "bluff" purchases to trick other managers. But managers all want such a change, it can be implemented.
Whatever is easiest for you regarding marketplace I'd say.

Feeder series sounds very interesting. If you introduce that, you could also only make it for 6-8 of the 10 races, seeing that reallife feeder series also don't do the whole calendar.

Seeing that there some confusions about how the Track setup values affect your setup settings, here is an example:

Let's say, you set your Downforce to 15. And TRACK A's downforce is 3 while TRACK B's is 5. At Track A, your car gets 45 speed (3x15), and TRACK B your car gets 75 speed (5x15). I hope this clears the things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes