RD Formula Manager - Season 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not just introduce it now before it all gets out of hand? The max one sister team thing should also have been introduced this season. We still haven't started the first race, so it's all fair.
I agree. These things are likely game-breakers and should be addressed now that it's still possible.

• Deleted member 161052

Is this gonna be an "Aston Martin - Blackcat rivalry"? :roflmao:

I agree. These things are likely game-breakers and should be addressed now that it's still possible.

The problem is that it's not possible right now. But will happen after the 5th race. Actually let this be a notification to all managers:
From the 5th race onwards, an engine will be able to supply maximum 4 teams. (The manufacturer included)

The problem is that it's not possible right now. But will happen after the 5th race. Actually let this be a notification to all managers:
From the 5th race onwards, an engine will be able to supply maximum 4 teams. (The manufacturer included)
Make Milos and Aidan choose the 4 teams that can use the engines. Not a problem at all.
By that time they'll be too far ahead.

noone didn't take the "good" engine from the market yet. I think Audrey was a medium engine. So we don't know yet for certain how good they are or not.

Not gonna lie, when I heard Mark wasn't bothering to play the game I did want to cut the deal. But he told me the reason for that is the 2nd half of season 4, the half in which Ferrari dominated and nearly everyone else retired. So after that the plan was to not include the 3 engine upgrades on his contract (this plan I kept secret), and maybe get him properly into the game again.
I can stick to the plan, to allow for competitiveness with other manufacturers, if Aston does it too (doubt it)

so yeah, believe it or not, I don't care, this is what I have to say on the matter.

edit: and yes, I am for the engine cap idea, and if needed I will cut some sister team contracts to make it 4, if we are doing it now.

My current plan:
I will not do anything until Saturday. And on that day, i will remove any teams who failed to send me their car setups and make their purchases/sponsor picks/favorite track selection properly. I will also remove their engine tests along with other purchases of course. And those managers will never be accepted into the game again. (If they have a special condition to be away, they can be accepted, but if they be online enough to do those things, they will not be accepted) (Already given enough PMs, tags, quotes and notifications to the managers.)

Then the 4 engines-max per supplier rule will be in action. But if there are still engines supplied to more than 4 teams, they will be let go until after the 5th race contract renewals. No contracts will be canceled until the 5th race. BRT and 2KF1 teams make Aston Martin supplied by 5 teams already, and reverting their plan would be totally unfair. So contract cancels are out of question.

A FORMAL APOLOGY on the matter: These problems should have been foreseen and i should have implemented caps on sister teams and teams-per-engine. I am sorry for the mess these loopholes caused. Hopefully, the Saturday cleaning will fix the things up a bit.

Last edited:
I want to apologise somewhat for this all, I went down getting an engine because I wanted an Aston Martin engine. Similarly, I get sister teams not for success, but in getting them (and usually not caring too much about them) I can have more of my favourite drivers then ever, and a side effect is that it keeps the grid closer to full, keeping interest for all parties.
Tobi approached me before the season asking if I wanted to get engines off him, I told him not to worry as I'll be getting one for myself. We discussed sister teams briefly, it wasn't important.
I went with my third team because again, I wanted the idea of having extra drivers, Tobi got his sister team, it's all going well. Obviously to some people seeing 5 teams with an engine instantly becomes a bad look, it shouldn't have been.
In the end, me and Tobi are both proud people and what we saw was a poorly thought out challenge to what we stood for. We didn't mean to break the game, but we felt that if we didn't act, we would be unfairly left behind. So I acted. Aaron and Nathan were only too happy to help out.

All of the suggestions so far seem silly, keep everything the same and restrict only custom engines to 2 engine upgrades per market. Not teams, the entire engine manufacturer. Problem solved.

I want to apologise somewhat for this all, I went down getting an engine because I wanted an Aston Martin engine. Similarly, I get sister teams not for success, but in getting them (and usually not caring too much about them) I can have more of my favourite drivers then ever, and a side effect is that it keeps the grid closer to full, keeping interest for all parties.
Tobi approached me before the season asking if I wanted to get engines off him, I told him not to worry as I'll be getting one for myself. We discussed sister teams briefly, it wasn't important.
I went with my third team because again, I wanted the idea of having extra drivers, Tobi got his sister team, it's all going well. Obviously to some people seeing 5 teams with an engine instantly becomes a bad look, it shouldn't have been.
In the end, me and Tobi are both proud people and what we saw was a poorly thought out challenge to what we stood for. We didn't mean to break the game, but we felt that if we didn't act, we would be unfairly left behind. So I acted. Aaron and Nathan were only too happy to help out.

All of the suggestions so far seem silly, keep everything the same and restrict only custom engines to 2 engine upgrades per market. Not teams, the entire engine manufacturer. Problem solved.
Loopholes are there to be exploited until someone complains

This has just been the perfect example of: "hey, you did something bad to me, now I've got to do the same to you". Like come on people, please.....

Just a questions...can customer teams spend development
Loopholes are there to be exploited until someone complains
Loopholes can be closed by the moderator. Should we take the approach of, "the rules don't specifically say anything about it, so it must be okay." or do we allow the moderator to dictate this grey area? It sounds like a lot of you guys are trying to push as hard as you can to make something better for yourself. It's just making me less interested in playing.

If there is a loophole Jim, best bring it forward so there can be discussion on how to get around that loophole.
If you limit only the amount of upgrades per marketplace then in terms of engine, the entire field is equal and fair. Risky research wouldn't count to it.

And it can be implemented immediately.

I think one of the reasons all this happened is that supplying engines doesn't cost anything to the manufacturers. Manufacturers can "sell" engines for free because who cares.

If supplying a team cost something like 100cr per race, the manufacturers wouldn't be willing to give them out for free but instead would need a fee from the teams. This would perhaps prevent these multi-team alliances to some degree and at least cut down on development money.

I personally want to see many engines with a chance to fight for wins but down the road we are currently heading, we would eventually be left with only two competitive engines.

Wow, it's really not nice from you guys making me follow this thread from work (otherwise I would be lost in going through everything when I'm home).:p

1) Engine war, is nice if controlled, both ideas Omer's and Aidan's are good. However I would say limit to 5 teams for Omer's since it is big blow for Aidan and Toby (especially since his sister team would probably be 5th and need to use other engine). As for Aidan's 2 upgrades per marketplace per engine, at first I thought it is perfect. But for example as soon as 1 engine loses (teams get money only for 1 upgrade) other engine will go ahead and take more money from there on (in races) and just increase the gap. Also it is to similar to token system in F1:thumbsdown:

2) @Omer Said Can the owner of engine decide what is upgraded on engine even for sister team upgrade?

3) I'm thinking for last 5 days how to make MotoManager more simple and it is just to much thinking for me about management these days.:sick:

EDIT:
4) How many cars are supposed to be on the grid now (not including possible Saturday exclusions)?:roflmao:

EDIT 2:
How about making it possible to engine upgrade to fail? And keeping everything as it is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes