RD Formula FG Championship Season 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
also,
This does provide a small problem as Car 18 (Costello) spun after the start of Lap 47 by the leader, but not before they completed lap 46 themselves. This is why it now becomes harder to red flag any earlier than this, as there was a legitimate change of position.
due to this, I think Utzer should be awarded fastest lap.
He finished his own 46th lap with a fastest lap, just behind Costello infact. I don't see a reason for one happening without the other.

check your inbox if you want proof.

also,

due to this, I think Utzer should be awarded fastest lap.
He finished his own 46th lap with a fastest lap, just behind Costello infact. I don't see a reason for one happening without the other.

check your inbox if you want proof.
no. So the fact that Utzer was already down a lap meant he was already finished. Costello didn't complete his 46th lap before Cornes therefore he is deemed to have only completed 45.

by no means is it a great situation, but I'm trying to not be throwing random curve balls every which way. the reason that I've not given the full results is that I want a bit more time to hear these queries and challenges, before deciding if it is the right choice or not.
so please, if anything is outstanding that you want to question (within reason, please) I await it, and will look at it tomorrow. if anything needs changing I will do so and the results will be posted.
one thing I'm not going to do is any interview questions. I just don't have the heart to do it, especially the press paddock which tends to be a tad controversial. wouldn't be a good thing at all. :(

Eh, stuff like this happens. Anyone who wants a rerun has had since Thursday to make their point known.

Let's just move on.

Onto the race, disappointed to come away from Kyalami with another DNF. But Takahiro's pace still gives us hope of securing a good team result in the coming races (lord knows we need one...)

As far as the win goes, Cornes would have bagged it regardless, but from a team point of view the red flag has helped Ishikawa get his first points (unless things are changed dramatically) so I'm happy with the outcome. Perhaps this is a track where drivers need a higher value skill (Nathan didn't spin or do the pit thing while Takuma both spun and did the pit thing with lower r-skill) so maybe place this particular circuit later in the season if it gets raced on next season/s.

CORNES WINS AMID CONTROVERSY
03 - South Africa - Race.png

Nathan Cornes has taken a stranglehold on the FFG Championship with a win in a spectacular South African Grand Prix, in many ways for the wrong reasons. The race was red flagged after 46 laps due to a bug that occurred, with Aaron Reed and Rui Martins scoring the remaining podium positions.
Beforehand we saw some great racing, the long straight at Kyalami providing a lot of overtakes and some brave driving saw comeback overtakes the next lap back. In the end though, an extra 25 points to the Australian sees him with a large lead already, but the rookie has got to hold his nerve as there is still 14 rounds to go.
Next round is from the US where we will visit Austin. Marketplace will close at 10am Thursday AEDT.

RDFIA Press Conference
@C0rrUpti0Nz @Azabadaza @Rui F. Martins Give us an idea of the race before the end.

up to 3rd is decent, but we have the car to be fighting for more.
Cash in Omer's well earnt BHP as quali BHP
+2 race BHP
+2 quali BHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes