RD F1 Designer Competition

Well, seeing Steven isn't giving any responce yet, I decided to make the template myself:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/81nnl7npk6djmb3/Template_1974.zip
(was quite a bit bored :laugh:)

So, I made it similar to the looks of a 1974 car, so you can go outside the boundaries if you want to. If you can manage it, 6-wheels are allowed too, seeing 1976 isn't far off (hey, my template, my rules :p). Please, try and stick close to the boundaries, unless it's a special design. But try and make your car look like a car from that era.
As I made the template, I will make the competition draws too.

Happy drawing :thumbsup: Deadline is 20th, 15 days should be enough for you guys.

Actually.. didn't think of this yesterday to put a real F1 car in the template. Then I realised the template was too wide.. :unsure:

So I had to scale it down to 1050px width, and re-arrange the engine cover part slightly, also the rear wing is a bit lower.
The download link has been updated with the fixed template.

If you already started working on a design, just resize the width to 1050px, scale the tyres a bit and continue.

I dont like that the intake MUST be there. Not every car had the intake at that point
Cars that didn't have an intake had an open engine, if you think you can manage an open engine, go for it (would be considered a "special" design)
Such as the Brabham, which I think you are trying to re-create because of the Martini stripe
Brabham_BT42_livr%C3%A9e_1974.jpg

There needs to exist some sort of engine cooling (apart from the big one on the top), either one at the back of the sidepod (Ferrari), on sidepod entry (Tyrrell, though this method won't require an open engine), or an open engine like the Brabham.

sincerely for 1974 design, the only thing need to be considerate, is the Tyres position, and the lenght of the rear wing, on this years i dont think they got specific rules likes they had this days. So 1974 will be more open on the design

sincerely for 1974 design, the only thing need to be considerate, is the Tyres position, and the lenght of the rear wing, on this years i dont think they got specific rules likes they had this days. So 1974 will be more open on the design
Exactly, that's why I said there can be a special design (such as 6-wheel car)

So why didn't you do it then?

No designs yet?

If you want, stick to the lines. If you want to make something special, go for it, but don't go far off the current lines. Don't forget the cars didn't look like they did now, so there still have to be some regulations.

• Deleted member 161052

As I mentioned here, I can either make a different car livery or have my 1974 car as a Red Bull team...
Which one do you guys think I should choose?

As I mentioned here, I can either make a different car livery or have my 1974 car as a Red Bull team...
You can make a Red Bull in 1974. Don't forget DTK, Cedars, OMR, Apex, Viper, USAM, these are also all fantasy cars that didn't race in any period of real life F1

ah bloody hell.. I uploaded the wrong file :mad:

NOW it's updated with the new template.. sorry again :unsure: If you started working on a design, which I guess you have, just scale your width to 1050px, and copy the tyre layer from the new one

You can make a Red Bull in 1974. Don't forget DTK, Cedars, OMR, Apex, Viper, USAM, these are also all fantasy cars that didn't race in any period of real life F1

You can make everything.

My last car wasnt even an OMR

Well.. I submitted the template, and it looks like I'll be the first to submit my challenger too
Car #69 - Milos Ancevski
Milos Ancevski.jpg

Car #14 - Fernando Alonso (I was thinking of Heidfeld though :p)
Fernando Alonso.jpg

Without shading it looks kinda weird.. if shading wasn't banned it might have looked better. Also, as last time the enviroment was poor, this time I kept it plain white.

This also means that the new template is safe to use :p

Well.. I submitted the template, and it looks like I'll be the first to submit my challenger too
Car #69 - Milos Ancevski
View attachment 77314
Car #14 - Fernando Alonso (I was thinking of Heidfeld though :p)
View attachment 77315

Without shading it looks kinda weird.. if shading wasn't banned it might have looked better. Also, as last time the enviroment was poor, this time I kept it plain white.

This also means that the new template is safe to use :p
So we can use normal helmets?

P.S Heidfeld car Lol :p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back