RBRCIT - RBR Car Installation Tool

Hi all, is there an option on RBRCIT to toggle on/off NGP? Or is there a way I can turn off NGP for just the vanilla cars? Basically I am looking for a simple way to have the option of both vanilla physics and NGP available, without having to mess around with backups/replacing files etc. Many Thanks and keep up the great work!

Basically vanilla physics are not supported.
If you want vanilla physics and cars, play the original game. ;)

@fefobna
Preview: no plans to implement this. I think everybody knows how a car looks like if he chooses one in the list.
FOV: "The Beast" aka Pacenote Plugin does the job. I do not implement already existing features over and over again. :)

Thanks WorkerBee. In that case am I able to have both the original game and an NGP version installed on my computer? And if that's possible, how would I be able to achieve that? Can i just make a copy of my original root folder, call it RBR NGP Version, and install the RBRCIT into only that folder, or would that still effect when i launch the game from my original folder. Many thanks.

Thanks guys! A few more questions regarding the ngp version.
1. I noticed that when in a stage, if I'm in a gear, but not pressing the throttle, the car still moves. It speeds up the higher the gear it is in. It also reverses when in reverse gear (again without touching the throttle). This is not even when the car is in a hill or anything. Is this a bug?
2. The game was crashing after loading a stage with certain cars. I later found that when I changed the sounds back to the default "subaru", it didn't crash. Is it a known issue that some of the in built sounds in rbrcit causes the game to crash?

Many thanks

Thanks guys! A few more questions regarding the ngp version.
1. I noticed that when in a stage, if I'm in a gear, but not pressing the throttle, the car still moves. It speeds up the higher the gear it is in. It also reverses when in reverse gear (again without touching the throttle). This is not even when the car is in a hill or anything. Is this a bug?
this is the normal behavior, have you never driven in real life? :)

2. The game was crashing after loading a stage with certain cars. I later found that when I changed the sounds back to the default "subaru", it didn't crash. Is it a known issue that some of the in built sounds in rbrcit causes the game to crash?
sound make it crash? never heard of this.... but, if some car is crashing, try to click "Model" to re-download the car model, then install in a different slot, and test

Yes, broken engine sound files crash RBR.

Unfortunately the vanilla game comes with a lot of crappy sounds, I don't know why the original developers did that.
Ok, I have to admit that RBR never was made for modding ... too many things are stupidly hardcoded. On the other hand there are traces of a secret custom car at slot 8 in the original code, but this stuff has never been finished.

I think only the "subaru" sound works.
All other eng sound files crash (maybe): bubbla, fiat, mitsu, saxo, test, vaux.
Basically that is not a problem of CIT, but anyway it lets select you any garbage you may see fit.

Best is to download some engine files archive and unpack it into the proper location (audio\cars).

Thank you. I'm still thinking the amount my car moves when in gear may be a bug. I just noticed that while it is moving in this way, I am unable to stop it even with the brakes. It's like the movement is more powerful than the brakes (again, this is with no throttle input ).To give you a better idea of how much it moves, in 1st gear the car travels at around 10kph, in 2nd around 20kph, 3rd 30kph and so on. I am not sure how a real car reacts but I would expect to be able to stop this with the brakes at least. I haven't experienced this in other sims such as assetto corsa .

Well, maybe you have the clutch help activated.
Then you can actually stop (!) the car without pressing the clutch, and still the engine would rev.

But ... without clutch help for sure the engine will bog down when you apply the brakes, with or without throttle.
In every car the brakes actually overpower the engine, no matter the gear.
Otherwise it would not make sense.

Maybe you should check your controller settings as your brake seems too weak. ;)

Thousands of users are using NGP cars online, not a single one ever faced this "issue".
So I guess it is a problem of your installation.

I was looking for engine sounds and came across a few new cars on the site below, amongst others the BMW Compact and the 124 Abarth, with a link to download NGP physics. I tried that on the BMW, but have no idea how to install that so I can use it with RBRCIT. Is RBRCIT still updated? The cars I found were from June this year, so a few months old.

https://dm3drbrevolution.blogspot.com/

I was looking for engine sounds and came across a few new cars on the site below, amongst others the BMW Compact and the 124 Abarth, with a link to download NGP physics. I tried that on the BMW, but have no idea how to install that so I can use it with RBRCIT. Is RBRCIT still updated? The cars I found were from June this year, so a few months old.

https://dm3drbrevolution.blogspot.com/

RBRCIT: Just go to Download → Update carList.ini, and you'll see both cars appear in there.

If you'd like to follow what's going on all things NGP, check out the official forum: http://www.ly-racing.de/viewforum.php?f=116 The Bee uses the International NGP Plugin thread to announce new releases and the changelog is in the Next Generation Physics - Download thread.

Wow, I seriously hadn't seen that option at all. I always update the NGP and FixUp before playing just to make sure it's up to date, but never thought about updating the car list. I got it, and several other new cars. Thanks!

On another note, I'm using the Subaru R4 (named WRX STI 2015 NR4 in RBRCIT), but can't seem to find it in my cars folder so I can change skins. This time I've searched through the entire folder... would you happen to know what it's named?

Hello.

I am having trouble making this work, I seem to keep getting the error message when I click "start game". Have you seen this before, if so Is it a simple fix?

i'm also getting this msg,new rbr installed and patch 1,02 ngp physics plugin also
i'm also getting a msg neither the file physics rbz or the subfolder physics could be found
if I hit continue I get cars/cars ini could not be found any help appreciated

i'm also getting this msg,new rbr installed and patch 1,02 ngp physics plugin also
i'm also getting a msg neither the file physics rbz or the subfolder physics could be found
if I hit continue I get cars/cars ini could not be found any help appreciated

You have installed RBRCIT to the RBR installation folder, right? And you have let it extract the Audio.dat for you when asked? If those messages are just drivel and you do have those files/folders, what I recommend is that you simply start all over again. (And that is if restoring the backup doesn't help.)

So, delete the folders RBRCIT and Physics and the three RBRCIT related files; then download and extract this emergency pack https://www.dropbox.com/s/36a9rwwjv77yerf/orkkisfilupaketti.7z?dl=1 to the installation folder (it has the 3 original RBR files that RBRCIT edits when installing cars); and only after that reinstall RBRCIT. (Remember to update the carList.ini and re-download the NGP plugin before installing any cars.)

If problems persist even after that, then you're in a world of ****.

You have installed RBRCIT to the RBR installation folder, right? And you have let it extract the Audio.dat for you when asked? If those messages are just drivel and you do have those files/folders, what I recommend is that you simply start all over again. (And that is if restoring the backup doesn't help.)

So, delete the folders RBRCIT and Physics and the three RBRCIT related files; then download and extract this emergency pack https://www.dropbox.com/s/36a9rwwjv77yerf/orkkisfilupaketti.7z?dl=1 to the installation folder (it has the 3 original RBR files that RBRCIT edits when installing cars); and only after that reinstall RBRCIT. (Remember to update the carList.ini and re-download the NGP plugin before installing any cars.)

If problems persist even after that, then you're in a world of ****.

Thanks that sorted it cheers

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea