RBRCIT - RBR Car Installation Tool

yes, it's a quite old sound pack. In fact, I needed to open the batch file to understand it, and I was able to install it, but it seemed like a bad idea... it works, but messes everything else.

Problem is: now, i can't find a proper way to remove it...

Anyways, I considered the option of extracting the .ogg and mp3 files, and "point" pacenote plugin to use them...
Is this possible? Do anyone know a good tutorial for this kind of job? Thanks

Last edited:
It can't be that bad. Or are you saying that you don't have an original audio.dat that you can easily revert to? When RBRCIT extracts audio.dat, it renames the file as audio.dat.old. Have you messed up that file too then? Either way, I'm sure there's a solution without having to reinstall the game because of this.

If you had an original, untouched audio.dat, you could revert to it, delete the current audio folder and let RBRCIT extract the audio.dat again, after which you'd just cut the content of \note and paste them to \audio.

I don't know what mp3 files you're talking about (some version I downloaded from BHMS backup site didn't have any), but I'll just say that converting old mods to work flawlessly with Pacenote Plugin requires some violent tinkering but it's possible alright. I don't think there's any tutorial for it but I guess I could write one.

Hi, new here and lets say new in the world of simm. In order to install this tool do I need to have the rsrbr v. or the rbr Cz v. Because so far I just downloaded the full ver.(for free) I mentioned this Because I don't know if what I want to do will be affected by this. The game is fine so far (doing the rally school for now). So please let me know if with the one I have is enough or need to get one of the other tow ver. Thanks

Actually RBRCIT will not work with RSRBR, just because RSRBR manages the physics and cars stuff by itself.

To use RBRCIT you may download the CZ plugin (RBRTM) or use the vanilla game you already have.
But, to be able to run additional tracks, you would have to download some plugin like my TrainingDay (for offline use only) or maybe RBRTM, where you can also participate in online tournaments.

Only the latest version is required.
Download and install, then use the respective menu item to update the carList.ini file.
Then you will be able to use all currently available NGP cars.

Thanks. I just did patches 1 and 2 so nexst step is do this tool and trainingday like I said I'm new in all this of adding mods. I have played assetto,r3e and dirt rally but there's is something in rbr that push me to get more out of it. Thanks a lot again

W.bee. Finally installed. Ease to use ( tried Citroen.looks cool) My only concern is that compared with the tutorial video I don't see rbrcit.exe only rbrcit (the one with the black and white logo). I didn't download the source code(zip. And tar.gz)and that may be why. But if it is working I guess I don't need them. The cz plugin will do it later for now only offline. Thanks man

is it also possible to do the career with cars switched with this tool? Like instead of the Vanilla group a with all the group 2 cars?

Yes, absolutely. However, do note that the AI drivers would still clock the same times unless you edit ai.ini. (So with something like group 2 cars it'd be quite a challenge but maybe that's exactly what you're after.)

Yes, absolutely. However, do note that the AI drivers would still clock the same times unless you edit ai.ini. (So with something like group 2 cars it'd be quite a challenge but maybe that's exactly what you're after.)
Ok thanks for the info, i am absolute newbie, played the game for the first time yesterday after watching Jimmies VR video. Installed all the NGP stuff. But i am not the best driver, don't have too much time to practise/drive. So i'd like to get reasonable AI times to compete against, comparable to the vanilla medium setting. Are there guidelines anywhere how to edit them? Thanks in advance

Ok thanks for the info, i am absolute newbie, played the game for the first time yesterday after watching Jimmies VR video. Installed all the NGP stuff. But i am not the best driver, don't have too much time to practise/drive. So i'd like to get reasonable AI times to compete against, comparable to the vanilla medium setting. Are there guidelines anywhere how to edit them? Thanks in advance

Oh I see. Well, first create a folder "Misc", and into Misc a new subfolder "ai". Then open Misc.rbz (with 7-zip/WinRAR/Winzip etc.), go to its ai folder, and drag out ai.ini and aidrv.ini to your newly-created \Misc\ai. Aidrv.ini are about AI driver and team stats, so they perhaps are not that relevant, but ai.ini has "the PAR times" for all of the 36 stages used in Rally Season mode. The drivers with best stats tend to go below those times a bit. You can use this list for stage numbers: https://www.dropbox.com/s/idpf9o751n1oto4/RBR-stage-numbers.txt?dl=0 (just write the stage names next to "Track XX" if you want).

But I can already see the problem: where the hell are you going to get reasonable times from? And even if you could determine reasonable times from some online records list (which surely is impossible), or maybe drive your own records and use them, is it really worth it? I mean, it sounds like a lot of work, doesn't it?

RBRTM Group 2: http://rbr.onlineracing.cz/index.php?act=tstats&type=1&classid=110&state= (valid classIDs are 101-111 for NGP cars, no splits though so quite useless for this)

So maybe first try how the original stage times work for you. They are not world class times by any stretch, and that's good, they may just work you know, but I'm quite sure you'd have to push quite hard with a Group 2 car. :)

EDIT. The files are read-only, remember to change that before editing.

Last edited:
Hello,

first of all it is a great tool! I really like it, thanks! But i have one question:

I add some of the Group B cars, apply these and start the game. Ingame i want to start a Rally Season (and it works) BUT the team informations, brand logos and driver names are still from the original one. How can i fix/change this? :)

I add some of the Group B cars, apply these and start the game. Ingame i want to start a Rally Season (and it works) BUT the team informations, brand logos and driver names are still from the original one. How can i fix/change this? :)

Team and driver names: read the previous post.

Logos (big and small): Generic folder. At least Paint.net can open dds files without any separate plugins. The right files for you to edit depend on the resolution and centerMenu settings.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back