Randomized Pilots

A simple executable that generates a Drivers.txt with randomized drivers, with the option of generating random staff as well
Features:
- Full Randomization: Every stat is randomized: Names, Skills, Traits, Nationalities, Ages, Aspect, etc
- Gameplay Keeper: Every team will get pilots according to their rank. You ll always have 4*+ pilots on the top teams and they will get worse on lower ranks teams, all the way to Predator Racing.
- Lore Friendly: Teams with certain descriptions will maintain those features. A team that claims to have young talented pilots will have exactly that, or if you choose Silva racing for example, drivers will always be Brazilian/Portuguese, and they will be fighting each other as the game begins.
-Realistic: Nothing is left to chance: Young pilots will be more likely to have potential, and more stars to gain compared to older pilots, appearence will be matching their race, etc
-Balanced: Pilots that requires higher tiers of scouting facilities will be on average better. Pilots available from the beginning of the game with no facilities will have no chances of being spawned in a Rodriguez-like fashion, with high stats and high marketability at the same time. No more overpowered drivers.
-Fully Compatible: you should be able to safely use this with any other mod, just follow the setup guide using your modded resource.assets
-Staff Randomization
-Customizable

Download
http://www.filedropper.com/mmrandomizer13beta3

This tool has been tested for quite a bit from several people, but feel free to report any bugs/imperfection if you find one! Any feedback/suggestion is always welcome!

SETUP INSTRUCTIONS
In order to use this in your game you need to download Unity Assets Bundle Extractor and load Drivers.txt in your resources.assets
dl from here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?22675-Unity-Assets-Bundle-Extractor

step by step:
Run MSM_Randomizer.exe, press Generate Files, this will generate a file called RandomPilots.txt in the same folder
Download and Run AssetBundleExtractor.exe
browse into your Motorsport Manager folder, go into MM_Data, find resources.assets, and make a copy of it anywhere you want.
Select File->Open, select the copy of resources.assets you made
select menu View->Search by name->type in "Drivers"
select Drivers (DRIVERS, not Driver) on the list, click Plugins -> Import from txt -> select RandomDriver.txt generated before. (do the same with Engineers and Mechanics for staff randomization)
File->Save into Motorsport Manager/MM_Data folder

Last edited:
just fired the game up with one of your generated files. if you go to "drivers" only their Last Name is visible + if you choose a specific driver his/her name (first and last) is not displayed aside from the flag. everything else looks ok so far.

All right im glad you r excited about the program, thx for the kind words :)

i made an alternative version for you where the female:male ratio is 1:20, let me know if you want a different amount and i ll do that for you.
http://www.filedropper.com/randompilotslessfemales_1
I will likely make a menu with tweakeable options to increase customization in the next days if people is interested in it

About the names not showing, any modification you make to the driver list seem to cause that issue. I dont know exactly why but, I tried to reload the original file with just one single value modified (Chapman marketability from 100 to 99) and the problem still occurred. So its not entirely a malfuction in my own tool but rather a "flaw" of the game, unfortunately. I ll try to look for a solution asap, If anyone knows what might be causing this would be great

Last edited:
i was not aware of that issue. might be tricky to solve. anyway top notch product ;) yeah it's fun to manage Vettel, Hamilton and others but it's more or less a fantasy game to me, or let's say motorsport manager based on some realism with the purpose to create great gaming experience... i would also like to have the staff generated. would be nice if some other guys would try it out and comment on your work. keep up the good work. i like it!!! thx for the new and modified file. will try it out before christmas chaos begins :)

Well the issue doesn´t appear if you use Word pad to edit the list
atleast when I do it

BTW does this effect the Drivers who are generated with the seasons as well or does it only effect the vanilla drivers with the gender ratio?

Last edited:
Well the issue doesn´t appear if you use Word pad to edit the list
atleast when I do it

BTW does this effect the Drivers who are generated with the seasons as well or does it only effect the vanilla drivers with the gender ratio?

Interesting, thx for the info, I'll see if i can come up with a solution

This tool only affects the drivers who are there in the beginning of the game, in any way, not just the gender. I didn't touch the random driver generator of the game at all

Lore friendly...

that means this is lore unfriendly, because in vanilla, garuda has even worse drivers then predator.
but enough of that.

can you make one option, that the drivers are totally random, lore unfriendly and such.
the only thing is that between the Series (WCS, APS, ERS) it's balanced.

for example suddenly Archer or Predator have best drivers etc.
it's still lore friendly this way, it just changes the teams drivers, not the car

that means this is lore unfriendly, because in vanilla, garuda has even worse drivers then predator.
but enough of that.

can you make one option, that the drivers are totally random, lore unfriendly and such.

it's still lore friendly this way, it just changes the teams drivers, not the car

Garuda has at start always had best drivers but their old and going to retire
and Predator is worst at everything

but enough of that.

Garuda has the best drivers by far of Euro in vanilla, Jha and Beuchamp (or something like that) they both old and retire after the first season, and its all written in the team desc when you are in the selection, somethign like "Garuda has an amazing team but they are all old", which is what i am trying to stick to when randomizing.

I can make a total random option i guess, i can look into that for next release, but im afraid the result of that would be a little too wild

Amazing tool, thank you for providing it. Any way to control regens yet? Reduce females, etc.

probably, i ll have to look into it. Glad you like it :)

Last edited:
Apparently, by tweaking the Second Names LUT text file from the resource.assets file, you can do something about it. However, I don't know if the genders actually change.

Here's a file by Windhook who said:
Just open resources.assets with Unity Assets Bundle Extractor and replace Second Names LUT text asset with the uploaded text file and save, then replace the original resources.assets. This modified file removes all female regens from the game. Tested it on 4 new career games, fired all my staff and drivers, they were all replaced by male regens. I must say that this is also not very realistic because there are few female engineers and designers in F1 already.

Attachments

• Second Names LUT.txt
    20.7 KB · Views: 717
i uploaded a new version 0.3e
I am pretty much uploading a new version everyday, as i iron out any small bug i find, so keep checking for new versions if you like the tool.
If you are playing with it and you find any issue pls report, i also need feedbacks about the balance, if you feel like the drivers are too OP or UP pls let me know
I need some feedbacks :)

First off, Thank you for this! This is amazing and improves the replay value of the game 100%. I've done a few different careers and the variation in drivers and staff skills and traits is fantastic. I've had some games where there were no standouts and you had to grind to win, then games where there were the superstars and if you find them then you get the advantage. Both really enjoyable! WELL DONE!

Not sure if it's intentional, but one thing I've noticed is that the designer know parts don't seem as random. Multiple designers will have the same combination of know parts. eg. 3-5 designers will have the Epic "random legendary part" and Legendary "Max performance immediately" without many other combos for those parts. I could see why this would be done to ensure that there isn't that 1 randomly generated OP Designer, but what seems unusual is that the combos are different each time I run the file.

I'm actually really interested in how you did it and if you want any more feedback, I'll be happy to provide.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back