Rally - World Tour- Mon 14th & Tues 15th June 2010

Sign me up please. :D
(steve emmons,dratpons,eu)

These cars are a hoot to drive! Sure need some more practice to keep 'em under control though. The Ford seems really squirrely under braking even though the default bb is 67/33. Maybe try the other direction to see what happens.... So many cars & stages, and so little time. Sure puts a smile on my face though...:)

Tried a full stage now, fail after fail after fail... The cars are very light I guess, one wrong bump, and I'm off exploring the hills and valleys of France.

Also, I don't get the same sense of speed like with the grown up WRC cars, don't know why. 120kmph looks like 70 to me. No wonder I crash.

running into problems: I have done a clean install of RBR, I have added the two patched, I have created Mulligatawny profile and tested wheel settings, I have installed rsbr2010 mod, i have installed patches 03 and 04, I have installed the all cars car pack. I have defragged my harddrive. i have booted the pc anew.

(i suppose this was all done by the book)

i try to do this: "Registering with RSRBR

Start up RSCenter 2009 and select Inscription...Inscription RSRBRLive09 from the menu. This will redirect you to a page where you will set up your user id for the mod." and the rscenter crashes on me. It first says windows cannot execute the index rscenter and then that it cannot execute drwtsn.exe. end of story.

anyone know how to solve this?

running on windows xp latest configuration

:(

I think Mulligatawny is added automatically, I don't recall creating it myself.

FWIW, RSCenter stops responding for me too when I click on Registration. Try registering on the website, and then log in in RSCenter: http://public10.rallyesim.com/

EDIT: hm, either they hid that "register" link very well, or you can only register through RSC :s

Lee had problems regestering on his PC with RSCentre, but he could login fine with my details. so i created him an account from my PC and that worked fine and he was able to login no problem. very strange lol

Eckhart, your post says you are using RSRBR09, is that a typo, you need to be using RSRBR2010?

Assuming that was only a typo, I'd suggest you go to the Rallyesim website Forum, and post your issue there. RSRBR is their program, and they usually sort out registration issues for people, often they will do it manually for you.

http://forum.rallyesim.fr/index.php

It may be that your Antivirus or firewall is blocking the registration part.

EDIT: Or it may even be that their website / server was down temporarily (it often happens around this time of day for a few minutes). Did you try again a few times later?

A little helpful advice

I have now found out that these smaller FWD cars vary a lot in handling, especially between gravel, tarmac and snow. I guess we are all learning about them.
Some are deadly (almost diabolical on gravel) under brakes, and some are bouncing excessively over sharp bumps. These cars may need set up adjustment to suit your driving style, and especially to suit certain surfaces.

Try adjusting the brake bias and suspension settings, you may find big improvements in handling. These seem to need adjustment more than the previous WRC cars which seemed better in default set up. After adjusting these F2000 cars, you may find them more to your liking.

I have discovered that our own resident Aussie, Rick Bamford, is a bit of a whizz at set ups in these Rally Cars, so if we all ask nicely, maybe we can get Rick to set up a "Rick's Setup School" here at the RD Rally Club. :pray:

I gave warren a setup i built for the Saxo, and in his first atempt on Noiker he droped 15-20 sec's. Thats great news for him, unfortunately it now means I am a long way off the pace....................................................... I NOT GOING TO TEACH ANYONE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cry sob sob.

Ok, Maybe I will if anyone else asks for it, lol.

I gave warren a setup i built for the Saxo, and in his first atempt on Noiker he droped 15-20 sec's. Thats great news for him, unfortunately it now means I am a long way off the pace....................................................... I NOT GOING TO TEACH ANYONE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cry sob sob.

Ok, Maybe I will if anyone else asks for it, lol.

15-20sec is a considerable difference!
Looks like we might just be chasing Warren this time around :D
I'd be interested in how you go about creating setups for the cars, how do you know what to fiddle with, given the massive number of options? I know next to nothing about these things and would love to know how to go about it.

Arh guys, when Rick said I dropped nearly 20 seconds, it was at Noiker which is a very long stage, and to be fair my previous times were pretty bad, mosty spent off track and in the trees. However......... Rick's set up advice was excellent and helped me to keep the thing under control.

As I have said, the biggest issue seems to be the brake bias on some of them being waaaay too far to the rear, I was spinning some of them by breathing on the brake. Move it forward for the gravel. Also, the rear suspension seems too soft on some, causing bouncing.

The other challenge seems to be the huge differences between the different road surfaces, these cars vary a lot depending on the surface, so it's hard to know what to drive, and I think we will see big differences between tarmac, gravel, and snow stages.

This Rally may prove more testing than I expected, but it will be a good learning experience for ALL of us.

Hehe, already tried the brake pressure thing... Worked for me on all except the Japan stage. The stiffer rear is indeed helping, still a hell of a stage :)
Looking forward to this event :)

I'd be interested in how you go about creating setups for the cars, how do you know what to fiddle with, given the massive number of options? I know next to nothing about these things and would love to know how to go about it.

I have built, setup and driven real rally cars for many years. It's a bit scary when you first look at it but once you have an idea it really not that hard. but, ok. I'll start writing a post tommorow so I can have it up AFTER I have lost this one, lol.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back