Rally - World Tour- Mon 14th & Tues 15th June 2010

Ivo - you've gotta work with the pressures.

About the cars - bummer, FWD. I'm gonna suck mercilessly, worse than always. But it doesn't matter, sign me up, Warren!

Łukasz Demolin [Maggot666PL], EU slot

BTW guys, I'd like feedback on this Rally when it is finished. I'm thinking of running something very similar the following week, same cars, but with some other default Stages from various countries again.

Main reasons:
1. To give one more intro for newer drivers
2. These should be nice cars and could give us another chance to try other cars in this class.
3. I'm lazy and need more time to develop the next Rally ideas. :)

*GASP*

Where was I during this discussion!?!?!

In other news - this is harder than I remember. If I could get FRAPS working, I'd have a classic video of a 106 barrel rolling straight down the road! :-D

I just took a few cars for a test run around Noiker (my nemesis), and a word of warning - there is a nastyt bump just after the start, if you get it wrong in some cars (some seemed better than others) you can get a nasty surprise.
My Suzy test resulted in launching it almost over trees, even with about 3 restarts. :eek:

EDIT: I must say, the test runs for these Rallys is even more fun than the actual Rally, some of the crashes are so spectacular, they are a barrel of laughs. These cars promise to be a ton of fun, you can chuck them into and out of some amazing situations. They seem harder to kill too, but I've been trying to do it.

Ha, I already killed some cars. The Polo was a 1 hit dead horse. After the crash the engine was running and the force feedback felt strange. Only 50 meter after overheat and dead.

And I noticed the wooden guardrail it attracting my cars. Every-time I seen them, my car is into an instant stop. Think I started Stage 01 about 30+ times and could finish it twice :) Promising for next Monday :)
Next on my list, the next 7 stages :) hahaha

1st thing i found with these cars, is throw everthing out the window what i had learned with the 4x4 cars lol

anyone got any tips on doing handbrake turns with these cars?

Damn, I only tried the rally school stage with these cars, to pick one I like, and see how they run. Didn't even think about handbrake turns, better practice a bit after all, or France will be a complete fail :o

France only has three hairpin turns so it's not so bad. But err, yeh, these are almost as tricky as the AWD. And Ramon I know exactly what you mean with those collapsible wooden railings - whatever happened to good old fashioned armco you can just run along?
Have a video coming up of my difficulties on a particular corner :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back