Rally - The Ashes - Mon 28th & Tues 29th June 2010

nice choice Warren, these littluns are a pleasure to play, if only the Australian stages wouldn't have so many points where you turn off the road into another one, missing them has become something of a hobby for me. The German co-driver just says "K-right", heaven knows what he means by that, but he also says it if it is just a rather sharp turn to the right. Why doesn't the fellow say "turn right 50m" or something along those lines ... my driving instructor used to do so and it worked nicely :)

if only the Australian stages wouldn't have so many points where you turn off the road into another one, missing them has become something of a hobby for me. The German co-driver just says "K-right", heaven knows what he means by that, but he also says it if it is just a rather sharp turn to the right. Why doesn't the fellow say "turn right 50m" or something along those lines ... my driving instructor used to do so and it worked nicely :)

Eckhart, if you are losing your way, there are a few things you could try with the "pacenotes" options. Play with these options and see if you like them. They can help, but can also cause other distractions, it's an individual thing.

Under the Game Options / Pacenotes:

Distance
Distance Countdown
3D Pacenotes
Pacenote Stack.

Maybe even try adjusting the Callout Distance to tune the co-driver callout timing.

Warren,

Sorry but I am withdrawing from this one. Cannot get my head around any of it. Even at 40 - 60 kph the car is off the road, into trees, ditches, won't turn, have had quite enough.

I know I am crap at this and that's fine but that's just the way it is.

I wish everyone a great rally.

Maybe another day

Cheers

Warren,

Sorry but I am withdrawing from this one. Cannot get my head around any of it. Even at 40 - 60 kph the car is off the road, into trees, ditches, won't turn, have had quite enough.

Maybe another day

Cheers

That's strange. I found the cars quite similar to the grown up WRC cars, could chuck them around nicely.

Warren,

Maybe another day

Cheers

John, are you sure you have the right cars? These are the best handling cars I have driven.

I am sorry, I do have the right cars. I am also sure most will find them fine. I just cannot get my head around it. Maybe I never will, and thats fine too.

I did a run through shepherds shield and wiped a ton off the stage record, then noticed I missed the med fog setting, went back and couldn't get around the 1st left without slamdunking the fence every time. Then thought i'd try harwood, got the settings all right and car wouldn't even turn a corner without massive understeer straight off the outside. My frustration by this time was quite high so I turned to au stages. same results basically so instead of having my new ford cap taken off me I handed the car back and said thanks but no thanks.

Again, I am sorry.

Having no time to prepare I don't want to sign up now but might be able jump in if there is a space free late monday.
Racing is also training, if you don't take timing too seriously, and I really need that...:D

Krister, in all honesty, you don't really need to practice in these cars, they are that easy to drive.

Think WRC cars, but with more grip and less power. They really can be thrown into corners and driven out in whatever fashion you desire.

I am sorry, I do have the right cars. I am also sure most will find them fine. I just cannot get my head around it. Maybe I never will, and thats fine too.

I did a run through shepherds shield and wiped a ton off the stage record, then noticed I missed the med fog setting, went back and couldn't get around the 1st left without slamdunking the fence every time. Then thought i'd try harwood, got the settings all right and car wouldn't even turn a corner without massive understeer straight off the outside. My frustration by this time was quite high so I turned to au stages. same results basically so instead of having my new ford cap taken off me I handed the car back and said thanks but no thanks.

Again, I am sorry.

John, you mentioned your new "ford" cap, are you driving the 2010 fiesta? if you are, you are right, it is a dog. try the older fiesta. I'm also going to send you a little present tomorrow in the hope to change your mind.

Hum, can I count on an additional timeslot? Current one interferes with V8 Supercars race on Monday I wanted to participate in with my brother. Now I'm undecided, since I really, really, REALLY want to race real-time with you guys :/.

Cars will definitively be a blast. If I manage to keep the revs high enough, that is :)

My entry:
Łukasz Demolin (Maggot666PL) - Peugeot 207 S2000 - EU standard(/additional?)

I'm taking an easy path, as the Pug is known to be one of the top dogs, I admit.

Ok, after much begging from other drivers I have been working on a set-up tut, but after i started writing it i realised its gonna be LLLOOONNNGGG. So I changed my approach for this event and thought i'd give a set-up for each of the cars we are using this time. However...................after driving for 20mins with what a doctor has told me could be a fractured right wrist (my sex life is sufering) it was not going to be possible. So i will just give you all some tipsfor them instead.

Diffs : the main thing I change here is the Left foot breaking threshold. If you are using pedals like me, set it to o%. The car will be less nervious under breaking.

Springs : Stifness between 45 - 50 front and 5 less for rear. (ie - 45 front 40 rear, 50 front - 45 rear) The car will ride the bumps better.

Dampers : 5.0, 5.0, 7.0, 1.5 - set the front and back to this. Needs fine tuning i think but its the best I can offer today.

Geometry : I'll leave this for another time. is gets a little complicated but these cars arn't to bad.

Roll bars : set between 22 - 25 (again two less at rear)

Brakes : around a 65/35 split

Try this and let me know what you think. If you have any questions send me a pm and i'll try to help out.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back