Rally - Lights Trophy (J-RDRC) Demo - Mon 6th & Tues 7th May 2011

After a cautious start on the first stage to get to know the car and game again (after a week of Dirt 3 on the xbox), I started to push on the second stage. Did a good run there, but on the third stage I flipped the car over on its side, causing me a CFH...
Did well in the fourth stage, and retook the lead in the EUX-session, as Ian hit troubles on this stage. Managed a good time on SS5. On SS6 I was going at a very good speed, but on the top I understeered straight into a rail, and locked the gearbox in second. And just before the final hairpin on the stage my game minimized... Just perfect, when I am in a good position...
Was really focused on saving some kind of result, and went on a full attack on SS7. fastest in session by 15 seconds :)
...and my game crashed on Sweet lamb as I expected...

Not my best rally in terms of overall result, but hopefully I can catch a couple of stage wins to save some of my honour here :)
Thanks to the arranging guys, it really is a pleasure to be a part of the rally-section on RD :)

As i didn't have time to test any of the cars i'll drive different car on each stage. Hope that will be ok, if not you can exclude me from the rally result :D

Yeah, I think you'll have to stick with one car if you want to be classified.

"You must stick with the same car throughout the rally - if you change, your times for those stages will be defaulted."

it went well actually, but my connection has lost in SS7 and when I try to run last SS it didnt do anything and it only showed the GO button for single player and gave me retired with 0% of completed, but hell, it was fun with H shift! eventually it was very bumpy, but I think its the setup or the car, I dont like the VW, it felt good only on tarmac :)

Mweeeh!

SS1: I really envy the guys who are able to race these cars :p Two rolls, one cfh, and some mistakes. Lost almost 40 sec.

SS2: Pretty good stage. Made a few mistakes. And that can have been the reason why I lost the stage to Simone!

SS3: Better stage. Worked a bit better with dry gravel, won the stage with 4 sec. I'm too far behind to have a chance of a session win. But the Lada Kalina worked good here! :)

SS4: Love the stage, but night = lag. Lag = no ffb. Ended up in a tree, and lost 10 sec. Lost the stage with 4 sec. Darn!

SS5: 2x chf. 4x roll. A bit too risky driving maybe *angel*

SS6: Went well! :)

SS7: Retired.

SS8: Mwhahahaha, my car is able to fly! Didn't get a good time, but damn, the lada can fly! :)

End of rally conclusion: I'm friggin' happy that I don't have to drive these cars in the champ! :)

had an absolute blast! considering changing to the Polo GTI for the tournie, that sound is just great!

s01 clean but very cautious to get into the game (and get out of pedal to the metal = DIRT3), 12th of 14
s02 loved it, full speed almost all the way through, desperately looking for a sixth gear, lol, 12th again.
s03 loved it again, four guys within 2secs, great battle for pos. 7-11, me in 11th lol (9 secs slower than testing LADA yesterday, but the look of it ...)
s04 night run, co-driver said "cut" somewhere along the line, I did, there was a bloody tree! must talk to co after rally finishes ... 11th, chasing Jonathan in overall standings, only 9 secs apart.
s05 chose the long gears this time but turned out it was a little too fast for my liking, haha, but nice clean run to 9th
s06 did a good tarmac set on the fly and really had a blast till I did a little cut too much and spun 180 degrees, got stuck and had to CFH. darn, I could - for once in my life - have beat Simone here (who must have had serious problems)
s07 good run, lucky this time as I had two longish drives on two wheels but always ended sunny side up :) 10th and up to 8th overall
s08 that new version is just simply the best track ever for RBR, those bumps and ridges on the track, nothing like it! did a cautious run to not spoil a great night racing, finished 8th because 4 guys had disco probs it seems. Could we have one standings with seven and one with eight stages?

really enjoyed myself there, thx admins and RD, loved the car and track choice, splendid.

Man, bloody immense fun to drive.

Had been considering a step up to the old spec WRCs for Season 3 - but now I'm considering a step down to these.
Luckily, I don't need to decide anything yet. :D

Third in session, v v happy with that, and only a few stages of practice yesterday afternoon.
Was hanging out for a EU stage win on SS6. And then came Mr Myrvold. :egg:

Cheers for the event, see you next week.

Swift

ss01: I killed a spectator on the last meters, probably the last meter of the stage. The car felt absolutely fantastic but i just overshot the last bit to the left after the yellow markers. Sliding to the red markers i noticed the group standing "behind" the red markers... It ended up so that i hit one of them while just not finishing. Red, back to normal i see i'm on the red markers... But what an opener, i love the car!

Next stages go very well and i must say, in my view this car rocks my pants off!
I think it's a great opener for new guys on here in their first champ. But i actually could go too with one of these...

ss05: The first stage that i was pushing to hard. It eventually ended up in a tree, crashing hard, it put me on the side, and stuck in 2nd gear. One call for help, on my fastest so far. Blast it!

The rest was just pure awesomeness. Although France a bit dangerous, put my car on it's side again there in a hairpin, but the momentum and me slamming the wheel put me back on 4 tires, luckily.

Finland made me roll 2 times, with one of them pretty hard, but again, this car put itself back on the 4 wheels in the right direction itself, lol. What a car!

Sweet lamb is just fantastic, nothing to add here.

actually, whoever wants to join as a firsttimer on RD in season 3, needs to do it! You won't regret it.
Pure fun!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back