Rally - Lights Trophy (J-RDRC) Demo - Mon 6th & Tues 7th May 2011

So you're saying to do this before the Save Replay screen comes up? When I minimize after the time screen, which is when it hangs, RSCenter disappears, I only have RBRsse.exe running and I have to shut it down.

William, am I understanding this correctly?
It doesn't happen all of the time? When it does, it is RSCenter that crashes, not RBR?

If it is RSCenter dropping you, then that sounds like you are losing your connection to the Server.
Are you using a wireless modem / router or similar?

I forgot two things last night.

Big welcome to our Rally club for Jonathan, visiting John from Cyprus, and stepping into John's racing seat. Hope you had fun Jonny, you ran some nice times there too. :welcome:

And finally, wow!!!, 30 drivers in this Rally, I think that might be a record for a Club Rally. :woot::party:

So you're saying to do this before the Save Replay screen comes up? When I minimize after the time screen, which is when it hangs, RSCenter disappears, I only have RBRsse.exe running and I have to shut it down.

hmmm you have smth different then me.

I have a regular minidump followed by Blue screen and reboot.
But some months ago i learned it started the moment i pressed done or whatever just after saving replays when it should come back to desktop naturally. It seems that my pc can't cope going back from old to new or smth.
So i figured out: "what if i go around that last process and kill the game myself each time i finnish a stage at the finnished menu..." and yes it worked.

Since then i always do it so. And yep no more crashes or bluescreens.

1703.gif

Am I the only one who didn't like these cars at all? :p

Yes.;)

William, am I understanding this correctly?
It doesn't happen all of the time? When it does, it is RSCenter that crashes, not RBR?

If it is RSCenter dropping you, then that sounds like you are losing your connection to the Server.
Are you using a wireless modem / router or similar?

Yeah I'm pretty sure this is the case, but I'm not using a wireless connection. Definitely an intermittent problem, though it seems as though once it has happened for the first time it will happen 90% of the time afterwards until I reboot. I only noticed that RSCenter was disappearing yesterday, since I decided to see if actually ran in the background by minimizing the game before I ended the stage. The RBR game keeps running, as I can bring up the engine EQ/mixer display after the hang and it recognizes mouse input, but I can't do anything more than that.

for the guys experiencing the rscenter crashing the end of stages are you running windows 7 or vista?
If so, do you have rscenter installed in the program files folder on your computer? If this is the case it may be the problem as windows doesn't like programs altering files installed in this directory which may well be what it's trying to do at the end of the stage.
I suggest you install rscenter in to a folder on the c:\ drive such as c:\games\
Also turn of UAC in the control panel.
Also also right click the rscenter executable > properties > compatibility and tick the run as administrator box and click apply.
Don't know if any of that will solve your problems but it may be worth trying one or all of these steps to see if it helps

for the guys experiencing the rscenter crashing the end of stages are you running windows 7 or vista?
If so, do you have rscenter installed in the program files folder on your computer? If this is the case it may be the problem as windows doesn't like programs altering files installed in this directory which may well be what it's trying to do at the end of the stage.
I suggest you install rscenter in to a folder on the c:\ drive such as c:\games\
Also turn of UAC in the control panel.
Also also right click the rscenter executable > properties > compatibility and tick the run as administrator box and click apply.
Don't know if any of that will solve your problems but it may be worth trying one or all of these steps to see if it helps

I think it mentions in the installation tutorial that you shouldn't put RBR in the Program folder.
Pete

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing