Rally - Ford RS200 - Monday 30th April and Tuesday 1st May 2012

...and this is how long I resisted this rally :p

Roy Magnes - Roy Magnes - EUX
False start on ss1, and I got really discouraged after the 7th rollover on ss2. Did okay on the rest of the stages I finished, but lost all motivation before Noiker. Might have been a better rally if I actually prepared myself a bit ahead of it, but there goes... I'll focus on getting my voice to work through the week so we can try to get up to date with the RDRC videos soon instead :)

Well I didn't expect that end result. I should have been 2nd but something happened to Fernando on the last stage which put me into the 1st position in server!

SS1- That stage is boring in the RS200. Because of the short gearing you just sit on the rev limiter for days on end.....
SS2- Wussed out in the fog. I was just scared of the blind crests and the inability to see where the road was going.
SS3- Alright run, I think the notes should really say jump rather than crest for most of the stage, it feels like the car's permenantly flying.
SS4- can't complain. I did notice that all of a sudden Roy was flying and eating into the gap between us at a fairly rapid rate.
SS5- My favourite stage in all of RBR. I set a new personal record on it, got to the end and discovered Roy and Fernando were still about 15 seconds quicker still.
SS6- Decided to push to try and stay in front of Roy. Had the mother of all escapes about 3 corners from the end. I was flat on the throttle when I got a sudden surge of turbo, the car snapped sideways and I had to bang it down from 5th to 2nd just to save it.
SS7- Set another personal record. I decided to go for it because Roy was closing fast. Got to the end to discover that Roy had pulled out and despite me pushing to my absolute limit I was still 20 seconds down on Fernando. Man that guy is fast!
SS8- No problems at all. Got to the end to discover that, through sheer luck I'd won the server!

Good luck to the guys still to compete. It was another awesome rally

Thanks for a fun rally again. My rally was ok, just a CFH on SS4 and the engine stoppet in a hairpin in SS5 so i had to restart it and lost some time there.That was all the troubble i had. The other drivers in the EU session had lot of troubble so i leading the whole way to the end.

I should just not have entered lol, I'm way to tired and not really up for it TBH, plus found that car a bit strange to drive so only managed to complete 2 stages.

Thanks to all for putting it on.

Sion

I just wanted to apologize for no-showing this week. The weather turned out to be better than expected, so I got lost on the golf course with a few pints.
Really wanted to see how I'd do with the RS200

Sorry guys, don't think I can make this one.
Got a huuuuuge deal at work I just landed that no doubt will come to surface in the coming months so have to get a whole lot of emails and things.
I think from now on for Rally Clubs I'll post on the day if im able to do the rally. Good luck to everyone in OC, have fun !

Bad luck Senad, you missed an interesting Rally with us in the OC Session. :cry:

As expected, I didn't go very well at all. I haven't driven RBR for a few weeks, and I couldn't remember too much about the Ford RS200. It took me ages to get used to it's handling, actually TBH, I never got settled at all. I kept understeering in some deadly spots and getting into trouble.
SS02 I rolled it on turn 1, oops! :redface:, then rolled it again a few turns later, :redface:, then I managed to stall the car and had to completely stop it to get it started again.
SS04, I somehow managed to stall the car again, requiring another complete stop to restart. :confused:
SS05, I again repeated the stall, which was getting frustrating by now. :thumbsdown:
Then to top off the night, I completely blew the engine up on SS08, in the first sector, retiring in a cloud of steam and smoke. :redface: Clearly, I was doing something wrong with my driving style in this car.

Anyway, it was still lots of fun. For a Group B car, this one is reasonably easy to drive (if you can keep it alive).
Some close racing in the OC Session, but Fernando was giving us a lesson, must have been his practice from the EUX Session :p . Nice times though Fernando. :thumbsup: Andrew started like a rocket and was running well until he had one bad stage. Jeremy was his usual consistency, despite his long break from racing.

Good to have Jeremy and Andrew on TS too. Thanks guys. :cool:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back