Rally - Colin McRae Tribute- Mon 21st & Tues 22nd June 2010

I've got to admit, you've outdone yourself this time, Warren. This car (as expected from a group A machine) is an absolute blast to drive.

Agreed there. Felt a bit light, and rolly, but such a pleasure to drive.

Robb Kulcsar said:
Got some problems, not able to join Euroguys :o. Hope to be on time for Oceania TZ tomorrow.
If you have a time that suits you better, just lemme know. I need to see where I stand with my Euro nemesis :D

I really suffer by not practicing :D. I rolled on a few too many stages, had some good pace on others then had a wierd problem where my sequential shifter stuck in the down position and resulted in me not being able to move my car (thought I was beached and couldn't understand why the car wouldn't move: who knew the handbrake was stuck on?).

Ended up retiring on the last two stages - as I hadn't figured out the handbrake problem until I quit :D.

Got some problems, not able to join Euroguys :eek:. Hope to be on time for Oceania TZ tomorrow.

Robb, if you can't make the Oceania timezone, let Senad or myslef know, we can set one up for Tuesday night Euro time for you.

BTW: hide the times, make it harder for the Ozzies and Kiwis :p.

Erm, just for the record, that is how it has always been. The guys taking part in the second (or subsequent ) Rally timezone, never know the times of the previous Groups. :rolleyes:

then had a wierd problem where my sequential shifter stuck in the down position and resulted in me not being able to move my car (thought I was beached and couldn't understand why the car wouldn't move: who knew the handbrake was stuck on?).

I've done that one too Mark, bloody frustrating until you realise what happened. If you use the sequential stick for handbrake (as I do), you need to be careful not to push down when using it.

Had a blast the first couple of stages and bettered some stage times made during my one and only practice run.
The US based stages were a bit tricky and you could easily go off and I had a few moments on the first US stage but luckily made it without any car damage.
Coming to the French stages it looked quite good in the standings and I managed to make it all the way to the finish line on the "hairping, hairpin and harpin" stage without too many mistakes. Was looking forward to the last stage that I liked during my practise run and started quite good this time as well. But about 4 minutes into the stage I made a mistake and went off. Could get back on road by help but noticed my stearing was bent and when breaking that something was very wrong in the back of the car making it going into a spin each time I breaked. So had nothing to do but retire from the stage.

Did not wait for the others to complete the stages, since I seemed to be some stages ahead, so left without seeing the final result.

Looking for some more rallying to come (but might have to skip the next one).

Thanx to Warren and the other drivers for making this happen!

Coming to the French stages it looked quite good in the standings and I managed to make it all the way to the finish line on the "hairping, hairpin and harpin" stage without too many mistakes.
I think that's its official name actually :D. Well, it should be.

Did not wait for the others to complete the stages, since I seemed to be some stages ahead, so left without seeing the final result.
No worries, complete results will be posted in a couple of hours, the Aussies have their rally in half an hour.

Sorry guys but I am going to have to pull the pin. Work is smashing me at the moment and I'll be typing away until the wee hours I feel (unless I get up at 2 am...)

Good luck and have fun. GO OC!

okay aussies are done.

The winner was ............... very well deserved :)

My rally sucked as usual. 3 retirements, a tree in a forest jumped out and even though it didn't hit head on it destroyed the car. Got into the 1st usa stage and was running better thaN ever and ended up with 2 spins and eventually 94 rolls when I clipped the edge of the track at full pelt. Got into the 1st stage in france hit a bank in the 3rd corner and could cook eggs and sausages on the radiator for the rest and then on the downhill part it just died a quiet death.

Good points include a good 2nd in diamond creek, had it in the bag until the last runner, EddieX, came in and smashed my time by 7 seconds, good 1 mate.

Cannot wait for Rick :) hint:hint :pray::pray: to start imparting a little wisdom about setting up cars so I can be somewhere close to semi stable. I know I'm a crap driver and that's fine, I can live with that. I would like just occasionally to have something that handles, for me, slightly better than a milk bottle with 3 wheels. My plan is to try and start understanding how to change things when I feel it doing something I don't like.

Anyhow, time for some poker and then bed.

Warren, a great rally once again and some great fun. Thanks very much.

A very enjoyable Rally indeed, I have fallen in love with this old Suby, it has some real character.
The Aussie / Kiwi numbers were down a bit, but the Rally driving standard was high (I think). I didn't have too many disasters this time, but made a hash of Harwood Forest by rolling it on about the 4th turn, getting dis-oriented and driving the wrong way down the road. Oops!! That required a 4 point turn to get facing the right way again. :redface:
As usual the USA Stages had me spooked, so I ran last in those I think.

Great to have Robb join us on TS, so nice to finally talk to you. :cool: TS was a bit quieter without Cam and Glenn, but still we had fun.

Grats to ................... for giving us a Rally driving lesson tonight, exceptionally quick and very consistent. Also, very unlucky for our Kiwi mate, puitting in some very quick stages, and, unfortunately,seemed to have had a problem on the last stage. I couldn't help but notice that .............. wasn't offering any set up tips to me this Rally. :tongue:

Thanks to all who joined, Colin McRae would have been proud. :D
Senad, please feel free to post the results in the Forum, no need to wait for me in the morning.

Cannot wait for Rick :) hint:hint :pray::pray: to start imparting a little wisdom about setting up cars so I can be somewhere close to semi stable. I know I'm a crap driver and that's fine, I can live with that. I would like just occasionally to have something that handles, for me, slightly better than a milk bottle with 3 wheels. My plan is to try and start understanding how to change things when I feel it doing something I don't like.

Ok ok, I'll try and do something tomorrow, lol. :wink:

Great rally Warren, except for those bloody USA stages.

Started off well in SS1. I'd been practicing on Tarmac last so it took a bit to get into the feel again. SS2, I really need to read the event report better, I had only been the OTHER way since we last drove in Finland so I was trying to remember where the road went most of the time.
I don't like Harwood so i guess I was just trying to get through it and get it over with, so the time was good again. From here on, I don't know what Eddyx is smoking but I want some...............WOW. started taking BIG chunks of time from me, it was only the last stage that saved me i think, (don't know what happened to you yet, but you had me pushing. I hope we can go like that again)

Anyway, Thanks Warren yet again, and I'll see you next time.

Wow! great rally boyz!
Had a shocker in the snow, rolled once, smashed windscreen with 2 minutes to go.. that was fun!
Same again on Harwood, damaged the steering and had to nurse her back, like Rick i'm not a huge fan of the USA stages there quick but deadly if you get it wrong.
Last stage Joux Plane started off well, was getting a good flow-on, got away with a couple powerslides however RR wheel hit the turf on exit, lost 30sec on help. Had to ramp it up from then, kept it clean to the end(i think), i didn't chk the results before exiting so i'll be waiting for the overall ones.
Just glad i had no retirements.

Thanks Warren for hosting another great rally, yeah the 95 sub has definitely got character, i force the in car sound on, it brings a smile to my face to blip that throttle. Who ever did the sound for this car deserves a medal, it's the best sound reproduction of a suby boxer in any game i've played.

O.k i think i really need to sort this T.S thing before the nxt rally, i feel i need to share my crash stories with others.

I wonder who's next? :confused:could it be the spainish bull??

Quote: John Low
"Good points include a good 2nd in diamond creek, had it in the bag until the last runner, EddieX, came in and smashed my time by 7 seconds, good 1 mate."

Sorry John i don't how that happend mate.:tongue:

Quote: Rick Bamford
"don't know what happened to you yet, but you had me pushing. I hope we can go like that again"

Yeah same here man! same time same place?

Later!
O.C Respect!

Overall Rally Results

20100621rdrallycolinmcr.png

Again no stage wins in the EU rally. Even worse, all wins divided between only these two :mad::D

Rick Bamford - 4 stage wins
Eddie Mann - 4 stage wins

Kudos you two, and to Warren and Lukasz for podium finishes.

Dang. So much lost in SS1. And 2nd place lost by less than half a second. Great rally though, got to improve for the next one. One stage win slipped up by half a second, second one lost pretty much because of a spin.

Thanks for the results, Senad. Great job, Rick. I want to catch up to you finally :]

Hm, I'm not liking the new forum layout...

Anyhoo, the golden mean, not so shabby.
My careful approach didn't really pay off though, I'm way slower than everyone. SS1 was the closest; I like snow, but I guess that too is because most of the drivers had issues.

Those USA stages are a *****. You really had to run through those at least a couple of times beforehand, so easy to hit a bump and flip. And when you flip at over 160 km/h, you flip for a while... Judging from the times on those stages, I'm guessing Mark could tell a story or two :D

Also, not a bad first rally Krister, too bad about the last stage...

Thank you Warren, brilliant event, loved every bit of it, even the tarmac. As usual, looking forward to the next one :).

my sequential shifter stuck in the down position and resulted in me not being able to move my car (thought I was beached and couldn't understand why the car wouldn't move: who knew the handbrake was stuck on?).

That's why I use a button on the wheel for handbrake (although I have not learned to use it yet :mad:). If going for the sequential shifter as a handbrake you can set it up as braking when pushing. This makes it less risky to lock in the push down position compared to pulling it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back