Rally - Colin McRae Tribute- Mon 21st & Tues 22nd June 2010

Wow! the 95 Sub is definitely on my top 5 list for RBR (thanks Warren for pointing her out, proberly would have never driven it otherwise) .. i can't help but ramp the volume up on the engine note just to hear that familar growl those lumpy cams of the flat four put out (music to my ears).
The turbo lag & the slight delay when changing down to 2nd gear frm high speed (could be me or is a syncro delay being simulated? a bit hard to jam into 2nd when i want) are the little details which give the sub 95 character i like, a pleasure to drive.

Put me in the mix Warren.

EddieX NZX
(Oceania)

p.s Cheers mate for the T.S link, might hve it sussed for Tues. Ohh by the way don't worry about my NZ accent over T.S, iv'e had the subtitles turned on when watching Neighbours & Home and Away and found i just need to replace the "i's" with "e's", so coversations including the number 6 could be interesting.:)

Not bad, not bad.

I noticed that the car is very roll happy, and quite fragile, so I played it very safe in the whole rally.
That didn't stop me from rolling at SS2 though, in the first couple of corners. Lots of damage, wheels positive cambered again, steering ruined... Lost a bit under a minute on that stage. And I love driving on the snow, twas a shame...
After that, just tried to keep the car on the road, nice and careful. Had just one more major incident on the last stage, killed a few people.

I hate tarmac rallies; both watching them in real life, and driving them in RBR. But it didn't go so bad this time, wasn't that far off Łukasz's pace.
Congrats BTW, great work there. Even if I didn't mess up SS2, I'd be a minute or so behind you.

I think we made a real nice tribute to Colin :)

This was again so much fun. And I am pretty amazed tbh. I practice all stages only once with Nigel last Thursday. Went on a campsite during the weekend and got some inspiration in between the forest. I think it worked. I was on safemode but still made some mistakes. No fatal ones but still enough to roll the car etc.etc. Lucky me was not using help as the car rolled on its wheels everytime.
After the 8 stages I was 'only' 55.91 behind Lukasz who was really fast tonight. I guess he practiced :)

Nigel had less luck I think. In the early stages he had some crashes I think as his pb's are far better than my 1-time practice runs. Still I was faster in the initial stages. Then suddenly he was disconnected on TS and gone in RSCenter. Not sure what happened. Could be internet or wheel troubles again or something else.

The USA/Oceanic guys can look forward to a very nice rally tribute. Make it worthy :)

Euro just finished :)

I've got to admit, you've outdone yourself this time, Warren. This car (as expected from a group A machine) is an absolute blast to drive. It felt a bit "dry" to me, but that was caused solely by a lack of practice combined with petrifying fear of a possible crashing out :).

As for my performance - a satisfying rally after a disastrous start. On SS1 photographers stood in a very unfortunate spot, I just swiped them of the bank. I thought it was minimizing damage from now on, but it turned out quite differently. Autio II was a bit dodgy too - first I crashed dead on into a tree, destroying my radiator (pressure from SS1), then imperfection of RBR notes launched me nose-diving in between trees, very close to rolling over. Luckily car still was able to drive acceptably and I lost only with Ramon, and by a very small margin.

Now the gravel part... It's been so long since I experienced such pleasant mixture of anxiety, pure nerves, excitement and satisfaction. I tried to calm myself and avoided pushing not only too hard, by almost at all (the car has stupendous grip, I'm nowhere near using half of it) and I got excited every time I was able to gain some time on Ramon or Senad, who was simply flying on the gravel too (good job, I was rooting for you for the whole event :)). My reaction at the end of Hualapai was a transition from "Why the hell was I so slow?!" after seeing comparison with RBR track record to "Wow" after seeing the results in the event :).

I thought I'd loose all the advantage on the tarmac, but the physics in RSRBR seem way more realistic (or at least suitable for me :)) and I actually managed to go faster than ever on both Joux Verte and Plane II. Pity that I spun few corners before the end of SS8, the battle with Ramon was really tight. This stage is almost terryfing, but at the same time very rewarding and with those physics I've enjoyed every single curve.

Already waiting for more results, comments and events. Thanks again Warren and all you Euro guys. Real time rallying really is something, I admit :)

Done :) Times are hiding again :)
Impressed with your times then if you only did a little shakedown :)

Looking forward to the next event already :) (which will be my last event for some weeks. Need a sabbatical :) in Italy
But I will be back even better prepared ....uh. not.

whoopee, great fun again, this time also on TS with Ramon and Mark. 3 out of seven players were from Blue Flag, looked great on the results screen, like home, really.
Completely f.. up the Finnish stages, though on the second one I had at least a good second half. I had been playing tarmac stages yesterday night and had huge problems realigning my style. Other than Ramon I always ended up on the roof when I flipped, so I ALWAYS had to call in the crowd to help me get back on track, very annoying. The first English stage was rotten, too, the second one saw me get into the groove, the first time I beat other Flaggers at any online event I think :clap: First US stage I was unlucky: avoiding a marshall who stood smack in the middle of the road for ages, I went off and banged up the Subaru so badly, I could write off the rest of the stage, even had to retire a while later. Up to that point I had been a couple of seconds up on my previous best. The second US stage went very well indeed, as did the two French ones, so a happy ending after a dreadful start :) I think I won three of the stages in the Blue Flag intra-team reckoning, never thought I could do that. Bring on the Oceanian guys and then let's pore over that table of results.

Thx Warren for setting this up, will try to be back next Monday.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%