Rally Club - New Event Proposals

I've signed up for this years championship and most of my RBR time is taken up with car, track and pacenote preparation. I would like to support the Club events but would prefer to do it in the car of my choice (in this case my Championship car). Would it beneficial to both the Organizers and Competitors to just have the Club events focusing on Tracks and Weather conditions and leave the car choice entirely to the competitors. By all means have a theme car for those who want this but don't exclude other members by forcing them to use one make and model of car.

Seems a little pointless to me Pete.

If people want to test the cars for the championship then RBR is always there. If anyone feels that they do not have time to focus on both the club events and the championship then they are optional. The whole point of the club (once RDRC starts) is for the people competing to drive new and different cars to usual but also as a mean to introduce new people to RBR more gently.

By all means test and prepare for the RDRC as much as you can but there is no reason for that individual testing to pour over in to the club rallies.

On another note I would love to see more rallies based off of more obscure real life events and using classes specific to those events.

A few that come to mind :

- Legends Boucles a Bastonge (maybe in the VHC class cars)
- Tempest South of England Rally (Good for budget low powered FWD see N2/ N3 classes)
- WyeDean rally. (Anything really)

You get the idea. Events that run as a classic/ club level rally and are unlikely to feature as a rally used to base an RDRC round off of.

- Oscar.

Please have a look at the title of this thread - its about New Event Proposals.

Oh gee... thanks for clearing that one up for me.

I meant that what you are suggesting isn't so much an event idea as a changing of the entire formula. A formula which exists because it works and is suitable for the club event and league event system in place.

If you wanted more testing you could suggest in season club rally tests using specific classes or stages (in fact in the past the club has been used to test the waters on un-tested stages). That would be a club event suggestion and something that could make some sense to suggest.

I for one feel that if I need to practice for RDRC I have the time or can prioritize that practice over the club events. The club events themselves exist during the season to keep you doing a more diverse set of combinations in RBR... it is sort of the point of the rally club during an RDRC season.

- Oscar.

*breath in - breath out*. Keep calm guys! :)

Now, the Club events at RD are aimed to be entry-level events, not so incredible serious, a place to have fun and not care too much about results.
However, it is also a place where we drive different cars, on different stages/tracks than usual. That's why we might use 'sub-par' BTB stages, that we wouldn't use in RDRC for some reason - it might be that the pacenotes are a bit off, while the stage in itself is good fun, or that many objects are ghosts, and not possible to crash into.
Just like in all the other sims here at RaceDepartment, the club is being operated individually, and not connected to any leagues. We might use the club to test stages, cars etc. but the club will not be used as a practice tool for RDRC.
For that you have the game offline, the official RSRBR events, and the many public events out there.

I get where you are coming from Pete, but this is nothing that will happen anytime soon, it doesn't go along with the initial ideas for the Club Events.

Guys, do You plan to ever do a NGP Historic rally? We could let people drive 4x4 GrB cars but drivers woud be prohibited to use handbrake (RL 4x4 GrB cars did not have handbrakes), so they are not too overpowered over RWD. What You guys think?

Absolutely an idea to work into a future event :) The non-handbrake-rule is not really that easy to follow up from our part, but we might do two separate rallys instead :)

Yeah, I know it's really up to drivers to respect that rule, but since it's just a Club Rallying people are more focused on having fun, and so probably are more likely to just follow restrictions. Anyways- looking forward to first NGP H event!

3 stages in Citroen 2CV and the the same stages in Citroen DS3 WRC or
3 stages in the old Mini Cooper and the the same stages in Mini WRC.
Or the other way round.
Could be interesting with change of power.

3 stages in Citroen 2CV and the the same stages in Citroen DS3 WRC or
3 stages in the old Mini Cooper and the the same stages in Mini WRC.
Or the other way round.
Could be interesting with change of power.

We've done that once, it requires a good bit of attention from the drivers thought - but it is something I think it's very fun.
I'll threaten to take Roy's plush teddy or something if he doesn't agree for a rally or two like that ^^,

You can also force people to drive dry tyres on wet surface etc:)

Ye, that's something we like to do - but at the same time, the rally club should be a tiny bit "easier" than the Championship. However, it will happen from time to time :)

The RDRC event is the week after the Alèn tribute. RDRC in week 19, we are just about to end week 17 right now :)

The rules for RDRC show the next round as being the 3rd - 5th May

"Round 4 – 3rd – 5th May (Rally Finland)"

Which clashes with the Rally club event put up making me think this the rally club thing should start this monday coming not the next monday as the RDRC is on.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back