RainFX is coming, it's a must have and what about making the old car mods work in the wet

Edit 9-Apr-2021: a PDF with the instructions.

It's not a huge task and if you have a lot of nice cars that don't have working wipers I may provide here a beginner-friendly tutorial for Blender editing. So if more than 2 people say that they want to learn how to get from this
Screenshot_alpine_a110_ks_red_bull_ring_18-2-121-16-17-37.jpg

to this

Screenshot_alpine_a110_ks_red_bull_ring_18-2-121-18-51-18.jpg
Screenshot_alpine_a110_ks_red_bull_ring_18-2-121-18-52-21.jpg
Screenshot_alpine_a110_ks_red_bull_ring_18-2-121-18-54-34.jpg
Screenshot_alpine_a110_ks_red_bull_ring_18-2-121-18-54-44.jpg

write a reply in this thread and I will follow.

Cheers!

Last edited:
The image for the mirrors don't matter if you make the material all reflective and ksAmbient is "0". Kunos advised modders to use only png and dds for textures so .jpg is not the best option. If you look into your game's folder "..\sdk\dev\car_pipeline_2.0rev\Common Texture\" there's a "Mirror.DDS" that you can use.
Making the mirror material reflective is not a substitute for proper editing of "mirrors.ini" in car's data. For example
Code:
[MIRROR_0]
NAME=MirrorL

[MIRROR_1]
NAME=MirrorC

[MIRROR_2]
NAME=MirrorR
is the correct order and syntax for enabling the left, center and right mirrors. In your case for the car paste the specific names from the model. If you have "Real Mirrors" enabled in CSP options there is additional code for the config that allows for adjusting the angle of each mirror
Code:
[REAL_MIRROR_0]
ROTATION=0.05, 0.02
[REAL_MIRROR_1]
ROTATION=-0.01, -0.03
[REAL_MIRROR_2]
ROTATION=-0.01, 0.01
In that code the order is the same as in "mirrors.ini" from car's data. You can see the results of each edit from the car's seat as soon as you save the ext_config file.
Thank you so much! I will give it a try (Real Mirror)
I use mirror.dds, but since racedepartment not allowed us to attach dds file, I just screenshot and show it to you. Thanks for your advice. this helped me so much, and made modding become more interesting since there is much I need to learn. :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.