1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Raikkonen possibly moving back to Ferrari.

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Mohameddo-san, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Mohameddo-san

F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

The source is in Hungarian. You'll have to translate it. I think most browsers have a built-in translator.

If this report is true, bad idea, Kimi. You are going to have the same relationship Alonso had with Hamilton. Also, Ferrari has not been the same since Ross Brawn and Jean Todt left.

With Lotus, he will be more competitive as he has always been.

This is just a rumour, but, let's hope this report turns out to be false.

BTW, what happened to the F1 Drivers subforum?
  2. Don't believe garbage during the silly season.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Why would he want to go to a slightly worse car with a more restrictive team?
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mohameddo-san

F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

Once again, this is rumour from a Finnish report. Many times, these reports turn out to be true. Not all the time, though.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Suppose, its like wearing tighter underwear......and looking in a mirror?

Or is that me?
  6. tjc

7. Lotus was better at the start of the season, but now it's getting more and more awful as it goes on, like every years.
  8. There has been articles in newspapers that Lotus ows Kimi millions of euros for unpaid salaries and bonus money. Next year will be very hard for Lotus if they dont find big sponsors soon and they have also lost James Allison to Ferrari so there will be bigger doubths than normal how good next years car will be.

Next year there will be suprising results due to rule changes and specially the motor reability will probably be big factor in 2014 championship.
    Bigger teams have shown their ability to develop their car faster during the season than smaller, less funded teams so moving to Ferrari would make sense for that reason at least. Kimi would also be get his salary paid on time and full..
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ferrari's press-conference today 14.00 atleast one finnish guy said.. I think that's 12.00 BST.

Edit: Unless it was meant that 2 PM GMT. :D
  10. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

This rumour seems to be picking up a lot of speed this week!
  11. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Yeah it seems to be more true than people at first thought.

I can't remember the story anymore fully but what happened in 2009? Was Raikkonen put out of action when he went to the WRC or was that his own decision? If the former why would he go back to a team that didn't want him anymore?

Personally I hope Ferrari signs Hulkenberg and go for a younger driver with potential. Alonso can already win races and to win a drivers championship you don't need two AAA class pilots. Only gives friction in the end.
  12. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

Ferrari paid Kimi 17 million USD not to drive for Ferrari in 2010 despite having a contract, with the money presumably coming from Santander - Alonsos' main sponsor. So that Alonso can get a seat, obviously. That's what I remember.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  13. I think its agreed upon by most that Kimi was muscled out of his Ferrari seat so that Santander could get their man, Alonso, in. After the tough seasons of 2008-9 Kimi was more than happy to get payed to get the hell out of what I think was a pretty toxic environment for him.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Oli Peacock

Oli Peacock
    Sim Racer

15. So what now - swapping places with Kimi or Hulkenberg?
  16. I also think that we get an announcement today. I guess Ferrari gave Felipe some time, so that he can announce the news by himself before the team confirms Kimi or Hulk.
  17. Manuel De Samaniego

Manuel De Samaniego
    3X Race Department Rally Champion

Ferrari's gong to be one hell of a team next year if this is true. Helmut Marko's already fearing the constructor's championship will be harder to win.