1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured RaceRoom Racing Experience's next update will include time of day.

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Ryan Ogurek, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Ryan Ogurek

Ryan Ogurek
    Editor / Automotive News Staff

R3E time of day.jpg
    Sector 3 Studios released a statement on Facebook today announcing the addition of time of day selection to be included in the coming update.

"With the next update you will be able to select different Times Of Day for each track. For the first iteration there will be 5 time of day settings available, ranging from early morning to late evening.

More news on the next iterations of this feature to follow at a later date!"
    R3E time of day 2.jpg
    R3E time of day 3.jpg
    R3E time of day 4.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is the latest sim from Sector 3 Studios, formerly SimBin, and is considered a "continuous development" being released to the public, while it is still a work in progress. The game is free to play, with the majority of the content require purchase. Give it a try today, it may be worth the purchase of additional content.

Get involved in our RaceRoom community by checking out our dedicated R3E forum, or by posting awesome videos and photos in our R3E gallery!

• Like Like x 9
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. Still waiting for SLI support. Right now i'm getting 35 fps with 99% GPU usage on both GPUs(780).

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. museumsteve

museumsteve
    Premium Member

I love how this title keeps evolving :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

Looks stunning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Touring car fanatic Premium Member

Keeps getting better!

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  6. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium Member

EDIT: deleted - we talked about this in another thread.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  7. Steve Bird

Steve Bird
    Racing Since 1978 Premium Member

Great. Now all we need is night time, rain and driver changes :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Msportdan

Msportdan
    @ Simberia @Simberia

sound great . 5 settings is all I need.. however is there a possibility like most sims to set random time (of those 5)?

cheers

9. Great, now lets hope they upgrade the cockpits. They really look worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. James Nance

James Nance
    I like Race cars? Premium Member

Definitely looking forward to this. All a work in progress, I like it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sounds like you have more to worry about than sli then, i have 780's in sli and i average around 90 - 100 fps, only drops lower at race start.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Does RRE have single player championships/seasons in either DTM Experience or ADAC GT Masters yet?

13. AFAIK if it's an Experience, then yes. ADAC GT Masters 2013 was just a content pack.
    So DTM yes, ADAC GT Masters no.

14. Something is
    something is going wrong with your setup, GTX780 and i have 60 fps locked everything maxed out in custom settings.180p

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yep I even play on max settings with Vsync on with an R9 280x 1080p

• Like Like x 1
  16. You are correct, SLI doesn't work in this game yet. There's a hack SLI profile that works but you will get some flickering which is unacceptable to me. However, you should be getting around 60fps on a 780 assuming you aren't running triple screens and ridiculous graphic options. Just a tip though, you can't max out the graphic settings in this game and get 60fps. Split Shadows off, Track Detail medium, Motion Blur fast, and Cube Maps simple should help considerably. I can maintain 60fps at 2560x1600 resolution with all other settings at maximum with the exception of those listed above. If you're playing at 1920x1080 resolution, you can probably get by with Split Shadows on, Track Detail high and Motion Blur complex. Never change Cube Maps to anything other than simple.

• Beer Beer x 2
  17. 5760x1080p? What sli bits? I use this resolution for triples. There is a custom sli bits that make the fps goes up but the flickering make hard to look on the screen. At 1920x1080p with only one monitor i can play with everything maxed out and still get 60 fps. With that custom sli bits "0x00500005" i still get 60 fps at 5760x1080. Same with Asseto Corsa, so my system is fine. Without the SLI bits the fps is 30/40. The problem is the flickering that come with the bits. I can play pCars with triples maxed out minus 3d grass at 60 fps so it is clear there is a problem with Raceroom when using SLI and triple screen.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  18. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

Didn't the cube map setting go in the last update?

Anyway, my 780 can achieve a solid 60fps@1080 with almost maxed settings.

19. I played assetto corsa after a long break and to be honest, it wasn't really superior graphically. Now with this added, the only reason i'll still keep ac will be the handling. Thanks sector 3 :thumbsup:

By the way. It's amazing seeing posts like "my 780 can handle 60 fps". Really makes me appreciate my gtx 750 ti which also gives me steady 60 fps at somewhere inbetween high / maxed out settings. Amazing budget card.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Just my opinion ( I collected a lot of disagrees on my post here already :D ), AC looks great to me. The cockpits look awesome in AC (never played Pcars). The graphics of the cockpits in R3E look very old and remember me to the good old GTR2 days. Grey. A lot of. I guess they took the cockpits from GTR2, Race 07 and put them in in R3E. That must be the reason they look so old to me.

• Agree Agree x 2