RaceRoom Racing Experience's next update will include time of day.

R3E time of day.jpg

Sector 3 Studios released a statement on Facebook today announcing the addition of time of day selection to be included in the coming update.

"With the next update you will be able to select different Times Of Day for each track. For the first iteration there will be 5 time of day settings available, ranging from early morning to late evening.

More news on the next iterations of this feature to follow at a later date!"
R3E time of day 2.jpg

R3E time of day 3.jpg

R3E time of day 4.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is the latest sim from Sector 3 Studios, formerly SimBin, and is considered a "continuous development" being released to the public, while it is still a work in progress. The game is free to play, with the majority of the content require purchase. Give it a try today, it may be worth the purchase of additional content.

Get involved in our RaceRoom community by checking out our dedicated R3E forum, or by posting awesome videos and photos in our R3E gallery!

15157009019_b3291b74d3_o.jpg

I don't think the cockpits look so bad. Perhaps a little bit flat. But i really don't think, this is due low polygon count or bad textures (or recycling of old Race07 stuff). Maybe just the cockpit shaders need an update to make it look more "3D". :)
But i'm sure S3S will improve it someday. The priorities are actually on other things, i guess.

5760x1080p? What sli bits? I use this resolution for triples. There is a custom sli bits that make the fps goes up but the flickering make hard to look on the screen. At 1920x1080p with only one monitor i can play with everything maxed out and still get 60 fps. With that custom sli bits "0x00500005" i still get 60 fps at 5760x1080. Same with Asseto Corsa, so my system is fine. Without the SLI bits the fps is 30/40. The problem is the flickering that come with the bits. I can play pCars with triples maxed out minus 3d grass at 60 fps so it is clear there is a problem with Raceroom when using SLI and triple screen.

At your resolution, the only option for you is to turn down the graphics settings until there's proper SLI support.

AC has much better cockpit graphics , BUT R3E has much better overall graphics, blur effects,light,sense of speed,and environment.
And Assetto corsa needs 2x GTX 780 to max out , Using 6 faces per frame ,full reflections ,ultra smoke, and max cube maps .......is a killer .
So R3E is much much lighter game than AC . i have test both of them , with GTX 780,7870,7670m,5770,and 650ti . On everything low AC is lighter but on Max settings R3E is lighter and it looks way better.

The WTCC cockpit that Frank posted does indeed look great, but I would agree with those that feel the cockpits of existing content could look better. They certainly don't lack detail but do look a bit flat. Texture detail is on the conservative side. Some 'HD' textures would really improve the look of cockpit materials as would shaders, but I'm sure Sector3 is looking into these things judging by that screenshot.

Higher res exteriors would great too. Logos on cars can look a bit blocky.

Just my opinion ( I collected a lot of disagrees on my post here already :D ), AC looks great to me. The cockpits look awesome in AC (never played Pcars). The graphics of the cockpits in R3E look very old and remember me to the good old GTR2 days. Grey. A lot of. I guess they took the cockpits from GTR2, Race 07 and put them in in R3E. That must be the reason they look so old to me.
It depends on the car really. While i prefer ac's mp4 gt3 to r3e's, some cars like f40 have a really bland cockpit. But its the tracks that r3e makes pop. All of the tracks in ac are just so... dull. While tracks in r3e just look awesome. World detail is set to very high on ac btw. Other settings are just one step below being maxed out. But r3e still outshines ac in regards to track. Outside look of the cars... i'd say ac doesn't really have a big advantage here. So yeah, imo, the only graphical superiority ac has over r3e is cockpits(most, if not all of them). Now the handling though... let's say r3e has some way to go ahead of it. Ac is simply a tad better.

shaders and visual wizardry aside... cockpits of track race cars can look quite bland.. theyre not made for luxury are they?

The f40 for example is an failry old car compared to the cockpits of todays Ferraris it does look a bit lets say ~crap"

But talking of ac, if you actually look at the tracks in replays they are very basic, they just have a ton of Post processing plastered all over it,, same go to the cars... the details are lost in its blurriness it has. imo. Some replay angles do look mighty good vo, but RRe has just as good angles and visuals.

AC look like its part of a micheal bay movie..

where RRe does feel like your beside the track. (actually so does RF2 and GSCE) but what makes RRe special is the sound of the cars, all differing in tone and grunt as they wail past. I can always tell the SLS is approaching the cam in RRE just like I can when I watched the GTs at brands hartch.

It depends on the car really. While i prefer ac's mp4 gt3 to r3e's, some cars like f40 have a really bland cockpit. But its the tracks that r3e makes pop. All of the tracks in ac are just so... dull. While tracks in r3e just look awesome. World detail is set to very high on ac btw. Other settings are just one step below being maxed out. But r3e still outshines ac in regards to track. Outside look of the cars... i'd say ac doesn't really have a big advantage here. So yeah, imo, the only graphical superiority ac has over r3e is cockpits(most, if not all of them). Now the handling though... let's say r3e has some way to go ahead of it. Ac is simply a tad better.

Ok, to be fair, I olny own the ADAC Masters pack. But the cockpits look grey and lifeless. Just like in their older games. Lets hope they do something about this.

What does the dev team want from their product? Shoot for cutting edge graphics that requires high-end GPU's or make small trade-off's in graphical bling to ensure most people can run the sim...

Personally I think the Sector3 approach is very sensible: RRE looks way better than anything using isimotor 2 (one could also argue 2.5) and in many circumstances looks on-par with Assetto Corsa e.g. the various time of day shots look fantastic. RRE runs very well on modest hardware at the default high preset, retaining the appearance of a modern sim, which may be exactly what Sector3 wants from their graphics engine.

Perhaps once this years content is locked down, other areas such as cockpit textures and shaders (we already know Feels3 is working on the track shaders) will receive a make-over. If the posts on RD are any indication, the people at Sector3 are well aware of the deficiencies in RRE and are working very hard to rectify them.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 253 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%