RaceRoom Racing Experience Updated and FRR3 Released!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E - Formula RaceRoom 3 - 4.jpg

In somewhat of a red letter day for sim racing fans Sector3 Studios have deployed a new update to their RaceRoom Racing Experience title, alongside releasing the Formula RaceRoom 3 single seater car - complimenting a growing number of updates and content releases across various sims today.

In the December 20th RaceRoom update, Sector3 have addressed a number of outstanding issues with the game such as rolling start formation issues as well as adding several multiplayer enhancements to the title.

The Formula RaceRoom 3 is an entry level Formula Three style open wheel racecar designed as a mid range step up the RaceRoom Open Wheel career ladder. With low power and reasonable downforce levels, the FR3 pays back a driver capable of smooth driving and keeping momentum through the corners. To read more about the FRR3 release, check out our preview article here.

The Formula RaceRoom 3 car pack is available to purchase from the in game store now and retails at 349 vRP for the car and 26 detailed liveries.

Formula RaceRoom 3 Release Trailer
"The FR3 is an open-wheel racing machine with highly efficient aerodynamics and incredibly performant brakes resulting in very quick laptimes. It sits in the middle of the Formula RaceRoom ladder and gives you the best of both sides.

You'll need the precision and racecraft of the slower formula cars, and you get the adrenaline and excitement of the faster formula cars. It is the logical step up from the Tatuus F4 and it will prepare you to take on the F2 class.

All in all the FR3 is a pivotal car to master and a lot of fun to drive at the same time!"

R3E - Formula RaceRoom 3 - 6.jpg

You can read the full December 20th changelog below:

Game:

• Fixed an issue where the game would get stuck after skipping a session in a custom championship.
  • Fixed an issue where the car setup file was being saved in wrong directory after loading championship.
  • Fixed an issue with cars being too spread out in rolling start and almost going off the road.
  • Fixed an issue where tyres were changing regardless of player choice during pitstop.
  • Fixed so brake bias etc. can only be changed as long as the player's car hasn't finished the race.
  • Reduced ffb slip effects for default xbox gamepad control sets.
Multiplayer:
  • Removed RaceSeriesFormat from multiplayer (now it always use custom/RRE format).
  • Disabled full lap time syncing upon joining a dedicated server. It now only requests the best lap time of each opponent instead of all of them. This should help with people experiencing problems when joining a server at the end of a long practice or qualifying session.
  • Fixed an issue where opponents driving certain cars such as Audi TT Cup would appear to have a bad stance, appearing taller.
  • Fixed an issue with garage countdown timer still being visible in menus after leaving a MP session during garage phase.
  • Fixed an issue with dedis not reporting results to backend.
  • Fixed issue with dedis not using correct race length for race 2 & 3.
Sounds, Physics & AI:
  • Reduced engine sensitivity to side contacts in mid and rear engine cars
  • Sachsenring: Fixed AI hitting the tire wall at pit exit
  • Red Bull Ring Spielberg: Added alternative layout Südschleife National Circuit
  • Finalized Formula RaceRoom 3 physics and AI for release
Portal & Backend:
  • Added option to hide password protected servers to MP browser.
  • Added quick search field to MP browser.
  • Fixed an issue with competition end countdown being inaccurate for players in different timezones.
  • Fixed an issue with an essential pack already owned appearing as purchasable when looking at a car in car selection menus.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available for PC via the Steam Network. You can download the game with limited content for free - additional car and track packs can be purchased in the game store.

Take a look at the RaceDepartment RaceRoom Racing Experience forum for news, discussions, setups and of course our superb Racing Club events! If you want to prove you are one of the best sim racing drivers here at RaceDepartment

Do you like the new R3E update? How does the FRR3 car feel in game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
VR and triple support is killing this sim. Without them I sadly think it dies a slow and painful death.

tripple is important and i think no VR isnt killing this sim neither its the reason to stop racing any sim for the most SIM racers i guess , imo VR isnt the way to drive fast even makes you slower, i have heard and you dont see anything else anymore , no wheell no buttons nothing , makes you a zombie ;) , and looking high up in the sky isnt important while driving even turning your head 180 degrees isnt realistic in a racecar . but thats how i think if you like it go for it.

Last edited:
I hope every update that my issue is solved , i have connected 7 controllers , when i start R3E then my cursor is moving over the screen at its own will so its very hard to click on a choice in the game menu because off this constant moving from the cursor (mouse) When i disconnect my buttonbox then its all normal , disconnecting other controllers doesnt .
This problem i only have with R3E all other sims (Steam) work with mine 7 controllers
Anyone any idea why that is and how to solve that

I hope every update that my issue is solved , i have connected 7 controllers , when i start R3E then my cursor is moving over the screen at its own will so its very hard to click on a choice in the game menu because off this constant moving from the cursor (mouse) When i disconnect my buttonbox then its all normal , disconnecting other controllers doesnt .
This problem i only have with R3E all other sims (Steam) work with mine 7 controllers
There is something wrong with your button box then, it's probably emulating a controller axis somehow.

I've recently purchased an Oculus Rift and iracing and assetto are magnificent.
I'm faster and more consistent than ever and the immersion is incredible.
It's so good that I just can't see myself going back to racing on my monitor, so until they introduce vr support this game is finished for me!

VR and triple support is killing this sim. Without them I sadly think it dies a slow and painful death.

Maybe to those that use them, but i beg to differ that the game is dying a slow death. Since sector3 moved to there new studio over a yr ago the game has grown leeps and bounds and it shows after every update with more people and servers populating the mp.(minus the recent connection issues)
The vr and triple screen support has been brought up several times in the past and until theres an official decision from the devs on the direction of the graphic engine there gonna use its pointless to continue support until then. They have said it will come you just have to be patient :)

Edit: VR is being worked on and well under way!

Last edited:
i think he means THE NOT ENOUGH support for Tripples and VR

What does that mean? Honestly, not trolling - I'm genuinely flummoxed. I got my triples, figured out how to configure surround in Nvidia control panel, then fired up R3E and everything (to my perception, at least) worked perfectly.

To hear others tell it, R3E doesn't even support triples. I'm simply trying to close the gap between my perception (triple support is fine) and others perception (triple support is bad enough so as to render the sim unplayable). I'm clearly missing something.

What does that mean? Honestly, not trolling - I'm genuinely flummoxed. I got my triples, figured out how to configure surround in Nvidia control panel, then fired up R3E and everything (to my perception, at least) worked perfectly.

To hear others tell it, R3E doesn't even support triples. I'm simply trying to close the gap between my perception (triple support is fine) and others perception (triple support is bad enough so as to render the sim unplayable). I'm clearly missing something.

I believe what he means by triple screen support, is that they want the ability to render each screen independently like iracing/ac instead of the stretched picture we currently have.

I have a Derek Spear Black Max 2 button box and one of the buttons was sticking on which stopped me from using any of the other buttons, the 2 toggles were fine as were the 5 rotary controls. I had to disconnect the faulty button, which solved the issue. As @Majuh stated I would have a look into your button box as it's obviously the reason for your mouse issue, could be as simple as 2 wires touching, or a sticky button as was the case for me.
Good luck with it, hope you solve the problem soon.
Cheers

Same here, never an issue in 368hrs of racing, I ran triple 32" tv's @4098x768 no issues.....ever.
I recently upgraded to triple 31.5" monitors after one of the tv's died, I run them @5760x1080 and still no issues. And setting it up in game and in nVidia control panel was a breeze. Don't understand how people have so many issues, must be PC related IMO and nothing to do with RRE.

Cheers

Yep, instant buy for me. Love the F3 style cars and I know this will be great fun before I've even purchased it :)

I have driven with VR but to me it's not a deal breaker. Ok..if you don't want to race this sim then that's fine but I choose I sims I enjoy it's not all about what it will support :)

Besides I can't afford VR at the moment, I need to upgrade other parts of my setup first before I consider it :thumbsup:

No Majuh i dont think so because i use it in RF 1 and 2 , AC , iRacing , AMS + AMSbeta / dont drive it but it works also in Project cars and several other sims
In none of these games the mouse cursor can be controlled with game controllers, while this is possible in R3E. The game picks up an input from your button box and moves the cursor accordingly.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 88 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 40 8.7%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 10.0%
  • €3001-5000