RaceRoom Racing Experience Updated and FRR3 Released!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
R3E - Formula RaceRoom 3 - 4.jpg

In somewhat of a red letter day for sim racing fans Sector3 Studios have deployed a new update to their RaceRoom Racing Experience title, alongside releasing the Formula RaceRoom 3 single seater car - complimenting a growing number of updates and content releases across various sims today.

In the December 20th RaceRoom update, Sector3 have addressed a number of outstanding issues with the game such as rolling start formation issues as well as adding several multiplayer enhancements to the title.

The Formula RaceRoom 3 is an entry level Formula Three style open wheel racecar designed as a mid range step up the RaceRoom Open Wheel career ladder. With low power and reasonable downforce levels, the FR3 pays back a driver capable of smooth driving and keeping momentum through the corners. To read more about the FRR3 release, check out our preview article here.

The Formula RaceRoom 3 car pack is available to purchase from the in game store now and retails at 349 vRP for the car and 26 detailed liveries.

Formula RaceRoom 3 Release Trailer
"The FR3 is an open-wheel racing machine with highly efficient aerodynamics and incredibly performant brakes resulting in very quick laptimes. It sits in the middle of the Formula RaceRoom ladder and gives you the best of both sides.

You'll need the precision and racecraft of the slower formula cars, and you get the adrenaline and excitement of the faster formula cars. It is the logical step up from the Tatuus F4 and it will prepare you to take on the F2 class.

All in all the FR3 is a pivotal car to master and a lot of fun to drive at the same time!"

R3E - Formula RaceRoom 3 - 6.jpg

You can read the full December 20th changelog below:

Game:

• Fixed an issue where the game would get stuck after skipping a session in a custom championship.
  • Fixed an issue where the car setup file was being saved in wrong directory after loading championship.
  • Fixed an issue with cars being too spread out in rolling start and almost going off the road.
  • Fixed an issue where tyres were changing regardless of player choice during pitstop.
  • Fixed so brake bias etc. can only be changed as long as the player's car hasn't finished the race.
  • Reduced ffb slip effects for default xbox gamepad control sets.
Multiplayer:
  • Removed RaceSeriesFormat from multiplayer (now it always use custom/RRE format).
  • Disabled full lap time syncing upon joining a dedicated server. It now only requests the best lap time of each opponent instead of all of them. This should help with people experiencing problems when joining a server at the end of a long practice or qualifying session.
  • Fixed an issue where opponents driving certain cars such as Audi TT Cup would appear to have a bad stance, appearing taller.
  • Fixed an issue with garage countdown timer still being visible in menus after leaving a MP session during garage phase.
  • Fixed an issue with dedis not reporting results to backend.
  • Fixed issue with dedis not using correct race length for race 2 & 3.
Sounds, Physics & AI:
  • Reduced engine sensitivity to side contacts in mid and rear engine cars
  • Sachsenring: Fixed AI hitting the tire wall at pit exit
  • Red Bull Ring Spielberg: Added alternative layout Südschleife National Circuit
  • Finalized Formula RaceRoom 3 physics and AI for release
Portal & Backend:
  • Added option to hide password protected servers to MP browser.
  • Added quick search field to MP browser.
  • Fixed an issue with competition end countdown being inaccurate for players in different timezones.
  • Fixed an issue with an essential pack already owned appearing as purchasable when looking at a car in car selection menus.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available for PC via the Steam Network. You can download the game with limited content for free - additional car and track packs can be purchased in the game store.

Take a look at the RaceDepartment RaceRoom Racing Experience forum for news, discussions, setups and of course our superb Racing Club events! If you want to prove you are one of the best sim racing drivers here at RaceDepartment

Do you like the new R3E update? How does the FRR3 car feel in game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Maybe you right but what was your time before alien or tourist ? so that half a second faster doesnt tell so much to me or someone else . I never said that the view would not be clear , i've said that turning your head around 180 degr. or more you will never do in a race car so i have no need for that.
And iam not saying that its totally bull i can imagine some pro's but as i said you dont see anything around you (RL things buttonbox wheel etc) and thats for me more value. I'am not saying i never want to try it .
And as said if you like it ok. i go more for 21:9 screens 3
Peter i have cv1 have NEVER turned my head 180 all you have to do is watch your mirrors and listen to the sound of other cars .and the most i turn my head to look at other cars is 40 deg and for apexs from 5 to 20 deg max as you do in real life as i have 20years racing experience....i think you should try VR first then you can say trips are better ..
You should bring all your experience to the club events, we would love to have you on track!:)
it would be good to race online ..but where i live now only a wi fi connection with a bad ping that drops out all the time:mad: so only AI for me...if i ever get land line or cable then i will race online for SURE:)

Peter i have cv1 have NEVER turned my head 180 all you have to do is watch your mirrors and listen to the sound of other cars .and the most i turn my head to look at other cars is 40 deg and for apexs from 5 to 20 deg max as you do in real life as i have 20years racing experience....i think you should try VR first then you can say trips are better ..
Hi blue i know you dont turn your head 180 in real live now a thing or 2 about that in rl too
Me saying this was because one say he could see all around and above. And sure i think it can be beatiful scenery with vr but you sit as a blind man in a chair and cant imagine i sit like that for 4 hours or more behind a wheel that i dont see then anymore my wheel and pedalscost lot more then vr so that wub be a waste of money
But as i said before one has to do what
One likes the most.
Cheers

Hi blue i know you dont turn your head 180 in real live now a thing or 2 about that in rl too
Me saying this was because one say he could see all around and above. And sure i think it can be beatiful scenery with vr but you sit as a blind man in a chair and cant imagine i sit like that for 4 hours or more behind a wheel that i dont see then anymore my wheel and pedalscost lot more then vr so that wub be a waste of money
But as i said before one has to do what
One likes the most.
Cheers
hi peter i guess each person to what they like for me VR but can understand your point of view CHEERS PS no one should be looking all around and above when racing he he

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 469 38.9%