RaceRoom Pushes Live Multiple Hotfix Updates in Recent Weeks

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience Hotfix Summary - Andy Kettler .png

Check out the latest hotfix update notes for RaceRoom Racing Experience...

The team over at Sector3 Studios have been rather busy of late pushing out plenty of small hotfix updates to RaceRoom Racing Experience, all in preparation for the big new build release scheduled for deployment to the public version of the title in the coming weeks...

Although we didn't cover these minor release notes at the time, with a fairly major hotfix pushed live last night I thought it worthwhile to recap a little on what's been happening over the last few days in the world of RaceRoom Racing Experience...

22-01-2018
  • Dedicated server now refuses incoming connections as soon as a session timer has reached zero. This will shorten the wait some players experienced where dedicated servers could be seen waiting for players for several minutes before moving on.
  • Added Incident reports in dedicated server json result files. Incidents are reported for each player per session and per lap. They are given a type of incident as well as a severity indicator in points. Incident types are as follows:
    • Type 0 = Car to car collision
    • Type 1 = Collision with a track object
    • Type 2 = Going the wrong way
    • Type 3 = Going off track
    • Type 4 = Staying stationary on the track
    • Type 5 = Losing control of the vehicle
    • Type 6 = Not serving a penalty
    • Type 7 = Disconnecting / Giving up before the end of a race
    • Type 8 = Missing the race start
  • Fixed custom images for dedicated servers that were failing to upload
  • Deployed some various server side fixes.

Additional note:

Related to the Incident reports, players can have the incidents output showing live in their game through the "Chat" system messages (yellow text) by doing so:

- Right-click the game in your Steam library
- Select Properties
- In the window that opened, in the General tab, click "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS"
- Add: "-repSystemDebug" (without the quotation marks)
- Start the game

Catch up on the previous updates deployed to the simulation since the turn of the New Year:

10-01-2018 Hotfix mostly focused on addressing multiplayer stability.

Game:

• VR - Fixed shadows that wouldn’t render near the player
  • Fixed an issue where some dedicated servers would hang and keep showing in the game menu even though unreachable.
  • Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur on the dedicated server
  • Porsche Cayman CS should no longer start in front but instead now be properly positioned on the grid of multiclass multiplayer events.
Art:
  • Audi R8 LMS - Minor tweaks to some Audi Sport liveries
12-01-2018 Hotfix

Game:
  • Fixed an issue some players experienced where the world was extremely blurred as soon as the car moved.
  • Fixed a game crash reported in Visual Settings menu
  • Fixed one more case where dedicated server was caught hanging.
17-01-2018 Hotfix (Dedicated server only)
  • Fixed one issue where some connections wouldn't be properly cleared after booting a player for high latency
18-01-2018 Hotfix (Dedicated server only)
  • Fixed an issue where an empty server would not reset itself but proceed through sessions if all players left.
RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively to PC on a free to play platform with additional content available at a further cost.

Love RaceRoom? Want to share the excitement with your fellow community members? No worries, we have all this and more at the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum right here at RaceDepartment:
Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Happy with the progress of RaceRoom so far? Enjoying the simulation? Let us know in the comments section below!

Image Credit - @Andy Kettler

Is that a typo for "do" ?
I would love to hear what info you have regarding this :)

So if they abandonned GTR3 they would also abandonned Raceroom too?
Why?

iF GTR3 is dead, (i bet), raceroom can release new tracks/cars.....
SImbin is not Sector 3, now raceroom is 100% sector 3.
maybe in 10 years sector 3 will be able to go with unreal engine 4, but others sims will be released...and forza is so better each year that i doubt many games will challenge it (maybe Assetto corsa 2 but who know )
Raceroom is always outdated about graphics/engine3D, but if you like physics, it's nice since 2017. i remember how raceroom was bad between 2013-2017

iF GTR3 is dead, (i bet), raceroom can release new tracks/cars.....
SImbin is not Sector 3, now raceroom is 100% sector 3.
maybe in 10 years sector 3 will be able to go with unreal engine 4, but others sims will be released...and forza is so better each year that i doubt many games will challenge it (maybe Assetto corsa 2 but who know )
Raceroom is always outdated about graphics/engine3D, but if you like physics, it's nice since 2017. i remember how raceroom was bad between 2013-2017
I highly doubt GTR3 is dead. 2011 GTR3 is dead. 2017 GTR3 is under development. And as my knowledge is zero, but my expectations says GTR3 will be more focused on a single series like Blancpain or maybe (hopefully) LMS. And then with all it’s specific rules and regulations and thus making it a true hardcore GT3/LMS simulator with hopefully even the possibility of driver changes for endurance. As where R3E is more generic and indeed focusses more on MP, e-Sports and hotlapping. But that is just my speculation, thoughts and 2 cents. ;)

And in addition to that, I truly believe many of the minor shortcomings of R3E will get more or less solved with UE4. Though regarding damage models only beamNG is good. Further every other title is more (R3E, PC2) or less (AC, RF2, AMS) lacking. Imho S397 and Reiza are the only studios reaching the point the damage models physics getting more realistic (not graphics, that’s lacking in every game except beamNG).

• Type 0 = Car to car collision
    • Type 1 = Collision with a track object
    • Type 2 = Going the wrong way
    • Type 3 = Going off track
    • Type 4 = Staying stationary on the track
    • Type 5 = Losing control of the vehicle
    • Type 6 = Not serving a penalty
    • Type 7 = Disconnecting / Giving up before the end of a race
    • Type 8 = Missing the race start
So anyone who disconnects or gives up in a race has a legitimate title now. A Type 7. I like it.:thumbsup::)
I have been a Type 0, a type 1 and a type 3 and 5 but oh the shame of being a type 7. :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back