RaceRoom Pushes Live Multiple Hotfix Updates in Recent Weeks

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Racing Experience Hotfix Summary - Andy Kettler .png

Check out the latest hotfix update notes for RaceRoom Racing Experience...

The team over at Sector3 Studios have been rather busy of late pushing out plenty of small hotfix updates to RaceRoom Racing Experience, all in preparation for the big new build release scheduled for deployment to the public version of the title in the coming weeks...

Although we didn't cover these minor release notes at the time, with a fairly major hotfix pushed live last night I thought it worthwhile to recap a little on what's been happening over the last few days in the world of RaceRoom Racing Experience...

22-01-2018
  • Dedicated server now refuses incoming connections as soon as a session timer has reached zero. This will shorten the wait some players experienced where dedicated servers could be seen waiting for players for several minutes before moving on.
  • Added Incident reports in dedicated server json result files. Incidents are reported for each player per session and per lap. They are given a type of incident as well as a severity indicator in points. Incident types are as follows:
    • Type 0 = Car to car collision
    • Type 1 = Collision with a track object
    • Type 2 = Going the wrong way
    • Type 3 = Going off track
    • Type 4 = Staying stationary on the track
    • Type 5 = Losing control of the vehicle
    • Type 6 = Not serving a penalty
    • Type 7 = Disconnecting / Giving up before the end of a race
    • Type 8 = Missing the race start
  • Fixed custom images for dedicated servers that were failing to upload
  • Deployed some various server side fixes.

Additional note:

Related to the Incident reports, players can have the incidents output showing live in their game through the "Chat" system messages (yellow text) by doing so:

- Right-click the game in your Steam library
- Select Properties
- In the window that opened, in the General tab, click "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS"
- Add: "-repSystemDebug" (without the quotation marks)
- Start the game

Catch up on the previous updates deployed to the simulation since the turn of the New Year:

10-01-2018 Hotfix mostly focused on addressing multiplayer stability.

Game:

• VR - Fixed shadows that wouldn’t render near the player
  • Fixed an issue where some dedicated servers would hang and keep showing in the game menu even though unreachable.
  • Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur on the dedicated server
  • Porsche Cayman CS should no longer start in front but instead now be properly positioned on the grid of multiclass multiplayer events.
Art:
  • Audi R8 LMS - Minor tweaks to some Audi Sport liveries
12-01-2018 Hotfix

Game:
  • Fixed an issue some players experienced where the world was extremely blurred as soon as the car moved.
  • Fixed a game crash reported in Visual Settings menu
  • Fixed one more case where dedicated server was caught hanging.
17-01-2018 Hotfix (Dedicated server only)
  • Fixed one issue where some connections wouldn't be properly cleared after booting a player for high latency
18-01-2018 Hotfix (Dedicated server only)
  • Fixed an issue where an empty server would not reset itself but proceed through sessions if all players left.
RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively to PC on a free to play platform with additional content available at a further cost.

Love RaceRoom? Want to share the excitement with your fellow community members? No worries, we have all this and more at the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum right here at RaceDepartment:
Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Happy with the progress of RaceRoom so far? Enjoying the simulation? Let us know in the comments section below!

Image Credit - @Andy Kettler

The lack of a serious damage model (visual/or mechanical) and lack of skinning cars makes this such a close contender for my top spot but as a result is my least played sim.
I used to play it all the time the game , I like the online challenges the hotlap comps and time stuff and leaderboards its really addictive , Like I say gets better and better everyday ,
if it was moddable maybe be the top 1-2 games online easily , cars/tracks/ ect ect ,
personally its the only thing holding it back for me , but the sounds and graphics are awesome , specially the sounds they must be the best sounds on any car game on any platform there godly :D

I used to play it all the time the game , I like the online challenges the hotlap comps and time stuff and leaderboards its really addictive , Like I say gets better and better everyday ,
if it was moddable maybe be the top 1-2 games online easily , cars/tracks/ ect ect ,
personally its the only thing holding it back for me , but the sounds and graphics are awesome , specially the sounds they must be the best sounds on any car game on any platform there godly :D
Yeah the sounds are amazing.

kolysion

@Simberia
Theres very little isi code left in this engine and it was announcend several months ago that Raceroom will be switching over to the Unreal Engine after the release of GTR3.
Dynamic track, weather and day to night transition should come with that change.

GTR 3 is announced since 2011, nobody knows where is the state of developpement, abandonned or not ?
Abandonned is the most probably answer.

and no way R3E will move with, it's SIMBIM with GTR3 not Sector3.
raceroom will stay raceroom.

GTR 3 is announced since 2011, nobody knows where is the state of developpement, abandonned or not ?
Abandonned is the most probably answer.

and no way R3E will move with, it's SIMBIM with GTR3 not Sector3.
raceroom will stay raceroom.

I never said Raceroom will change name.
Some quick research would inform you simbin is doing GTR3 and working with Sector3. Simbin will be some using code from Raceroom and Raceroom will switch to the Unreal graphic engine.
2 seperate titles and I highly doubt GTR3 has been abandoned.

All the info can be found in the link below.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gtr-3-by-simbin-coming-in-2018.131230/

kolysion

@Simberia
I never said Raceroom will change name.
Some quick research would inform you simbin is doing GTR3 and working with Sector3. Simbin will be some using code from Raceroom and Raceroom will switch to the Unreal graphic engine.
2 seperate titles and I highly doubt GTR3 has been abandoned.

All the info can be found in the link below.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gtr-3-by-simbin-coming-in-2018.131230/

if you were like me simbim fan, you would know that since 2011 GTR3 is announced.
so it's more than 7 years they work on the project, i bet the project is DEAD.

and no way raceroom with UE4 and GTR3 will exist together.
it's exactly the same thing, they can't create 2 games

Last edited:
if you were like me simbim fan, you would know that since 2011 GTR3 is announced.

I am a big simbin and sector3 fan.
The info in the article I linked in my last post stated GTR3 will be a cross platform title PC, and console targeted for all skill levels.

Allen Speed
The product at the end of the day needs to appeal to both sides, hardcore racer as awell and the casual gamer. A game that does that really really well is Formula One.

The Raceroom title will be more focused on the simulation and esport aspect.

Last edited:

This doesnt really need to be discussed in this thread since it is an entirely different topic...

But here's a quick history lesson.

GTR3 from 2011 was announced by SimBin of Race 07 and GTR/2 fame. At the time when that happened, the game direction changed, and what we now know as RaceRoom came from that development period. The name GTR3 has more or less been in a slumber since then.

In 2014, SimBin went bankrupt and folded. In its place Sector3 Studios took over develpment of RaceRoom Racing Experience at the behest of the games publisher, RaceRoom AG who is bankrolled by Klaus Wolfarth.

Back in 2016, KW created SimBin UK and they silently began a new project. SimBin UK is a sister company to Sector3 for the purposes of this explanation. In early 2017, it was announced that this project was GTR3. At the same time of that announcement, it was said that RaceRoom would be moving to a new graphics engine after GTR3 releases, because SimBin UK is developing that for GTR3, and resources are being shared when necessary for the 2 games. As the link that @Kurupt CDN provided above explains.

So, GTR3 as we know it now shares little, if nothing in relation to GTR3 that was announced in 2011.

But hey, a fan of SimBin would already know all this. :p

kolysion

@Simberia
This doesnt really need to be discussed in this thread since it is an entirely different topic...

But here's a quick history lesson.

GTR3 from 2011 was announced by SimBin of Race 07 and GTR/2 fame. At the time when that happened, the game direction changed, and what we now know as RaceRoom came from that development period. The name GTR3 has more or less been in a slumber since then.

In 2014, SimBin went bankrupt and folded. In its place Sector3 Studios took over develpment of RaceRoom Racing Experience at the behest of the games publisher, RaceRoom AG who is bankrolled by Klaus Wolfarth.

Back in 2016, KW created SimBin UK and they silently began a new project. SimBin UK is a sister company to Sector3 for the purposes of this explanation. In early 2017, it was announced that this project was GTR3. At the same time of that announcement, it was said that RaceRoom would be moving to a new graphics engine after GTR3 releases, because SimBin UK is developing that for GTR3, and resources are being shared when necessary for the 2 games. As the link that @Kurupt CDN provided above explains.

So, GTR3 as we know it now shares little, if nothing in relation to GTR3 that was announced in 2011.

But hey, a fan of SimBin would already know all this. :p

you don't have more informations than me, in fact.

kolysion

@Simberia
I am a big simbin fan and i am also part of the sector3 test team.
The info in the article I linked in my last post stated GTR3 will be a cross platform title PC, and console targeted for all skill levels.

Allen Speed
The product at the end of the day needs to appeal to both sides, hardcore racer as awell and the casual gamer. A game that does that really really well is Formula One.

The Raceroom title more will be more focused on the simulation and esport aspect.

Sector 3 has a very small part concerning GTR3's developpement, but if GTR3 will release ( i bet project is abandonned), Raceroom wil be abandonned too.

Last edited:
you don't have more informations

Is that a typo for "do" ?
I would love to hear what info you have regarding this :)

Sector 3 has a very small part concerning GTR3's developpement, but if GTR3 ( i bet project is abandonned), Raceroom wil be abandonned too.

So if they abandonned GTR3 they would also abandonned Raceroom too?
Why?

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 10.0%