Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Hotfix Released.jpg

Back from the festive holidays, Sector3 Studios have deployed a small hotfix update to the RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation on PC.

Not much has been happening in the sim racing scene these past couple of weeks thanks to the festive holiday period, however now we are slowly but surely heading into the middle of the first month of 2018 the pace of progress is sure to be picking back up once again.

Fully recharged following the break, the team over at Sector3 Studios very recently deployed a new hotfix patch for RaceRoom Racing Experience, aimed mostly at correcting some minor multiplayer issues it is nevertheless nice to see work has started back up again on this rapidly improving PC racing title.

10/1/18 Hotfix Update Notes

Game:

• VR - Fixed shadows that wouldn’t render near the player
  • Fixed an issue where some dedicated servers would hang and keep showing in the game menu even though unreachable.
  • Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur on the dedicated server
  • Porsche Cayman CS should no longer start in front but instead now be properly positioned on the grid of multiclass multiplayer events.
Art:
  • Audi R8 LMS - Minor tweaks to some Audi Sport liveries
ICYMI, check out our recent talk and drive interview with RaceRoom physics engineer Alex Hodgkinson below:

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively to PC on a free to play platform with additional content available at a further cost.

Love RaceRoom? Want to share the excitement with your fellow community members? No worries, we have all this and more at the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum right here at RaceDepartment:
Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Are you pleased to see the new hotfix release for RaceRoom? Happy with the sim so far and the recent content? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Not used RE3 for few wks & booted up today & some settings had been lost so presume since this update. My own controller config was still there to use use yet audio, Hud etc had been reset. So anyone know if there is a way to back those settings up other than making notes?

It should all be saved in config files in your Windows profile folder under Documents\My Games\Simbin\Raceroom Racing Experience. Mostly in the UserData folder there, but you may want to back up the whole thing (be aware that it includes the ReplayData folder, which can be many gigabytes if you don't regularly delete your replays either through the game or directly in that folder).

Not sure why the settings would suddenly disappear for you, though. That should not happen I think.

I played for over three hours myself and saw no issues with the 64bit version either. However, I did notice that the shadow issue in VR that was supposed to be fixed, isn't fixed at all. It's exactly the same as it was pre-patch, chasing shadows. :thumbsdown:

Came here to post this. Shadow issue is not fixed in the slightest in VR, so it's weird to me that it was in the release notes. Not that it makes the game unplayable by any means, but now that you've teased the fix I really want it to actually work properly!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back