Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Hotfix Released.jpg

Back from the festive holidays, Sector3 Studios have deployed a small hotfix update to the RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation on PC.

Not much has been happening in the sim racing scene these past couple of weeks thanks to the festive holiday period, however now we are slowly but surely heading into the middle of the first month of 2018 the pace of progress is sure to be picking back up once again.

Fully recharged following the break, the team over at Sector3 Studios very recently deployed a new hotfix patch for RaceRoom Racing Experience, aimed mostly at correcting some minor multiplayer issues it is nevertheless nice to see work has started back up again on this rapidly improving PC racing title.

10/1/18 Hotfix Update Notes

Game:

• VR - Fixed shadows that wouldn’t render near the player
  • Fixed an issue where some dedicated servers would hang and keep showing in the game menu even though unreachable.
  • Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur on the dedicated server
  • Porsche Cayman CS should no longer start in front but instead now be properly positioned on the grid of multiclass multiplayer events.
Art:
  • Audi R8 LMS - Minor tweaks to some Audi Sport liveries
ICYMI, check out our recent talk and drive interview with RaceRoom physics engineer Alex Hodgkinson below:

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available exclusively to PC on a free to play platform with additional content available at a further cost.

Love RaceRoom? Want to share the excitement with your fellow community members? No worries, we have all this and more at the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum right here at RaceDepartment:
Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Are you pleased to see the new hotfix release for RaceRoom? Happy with the sim so far and the recent content? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
2 things id love to see down the road....

1. SLI & Xfire compatibility
2. The abilty to use more than a single core for processing.
Especially if they could do what SMS did and add a launch code in steam to allow the physics to be processed over 4 cores....1 core for each tire.

Since one of the summer builds my performance has been terrible to the point ive had to stop online racing in Raceroom cause I cant keep a steady 60 fps on low with 10 opponents?

Hopefully performance wont take more of hit once the updates start coming from MS for the spectra and meltdown bugs.

2 things id love to see down the road....

1. SLI & Xfire compatibility
2. The abilty to use more than a single core for processing.
Especially if they could do what SMS did and add a launch code in steam to allow the physics to be processed over 4 cores....1 core for each tire.

Since one of the summer builds my performance has been terrible to the point ive had to stop online racing in Raceroom cause I cant keep a steady 60 fps on low with 10 opponents?

Hopefully performance wont take more of hit once the updates start coming from MS for the spectra and meltdown bugs.
What are your computer specs?
I have an old i5 2500k with 8gb of ram and a 3gb GTX 780 and I have no performance issues. What you are describing seems like an unfortunate specific issue with your hardware combination, though that's just an impression...
I wouldn't say the game is especially taxing on hardware compared to other sims and I don't see how SLI/Xfire would really benefit performance. Multicore processing could help with physics, but again, unless you have a pretty old processor, it shouldn't be an issue...
Correct me if I'm wrong :D

Another thing I've noticed is hitting ESC won't send the car back to the garage in an online lobby. You have to press both ESC and the tilde key to get it to work. I found this during the NSU races from last Sunday.

Another thing I've noticed is hitting ESC won't send the car back to the garage in an online lobby. You have to press both ESC and the tilde key to get it to work. I found this during the NSU races from last Sunday.
That's an odd issue. I couldn't exit spectator mode with ESC the first time on Thursday, but after restarting the game (for a non R3E related issue) it worked fine.

What are your computer specs?
I have an old i5 2500k with 8gb of ram and a 3gb GTX 780 and I have no performance issues. What you are describing seems like an unfortunate specific issue with your hardware combination, though that's just an impression...
I wouldn't say the game is especially taxing on hardware compared to other sims and I don't see how SLI/Xfire would really benefit performance. Multicore processing could help with physics, but again, unless you have a pretty old processor, it shouldn't be an issue...
Correct me if I'm wrong :D

I5 3570k 16g ram sli 970 on a 34" 3440 x 1440p monitor.

Use to run decent a few months back on a mix of high/med settings. Now I cant get get higher than 45 fps at race start, stuttery when racing in a group and get big frame drops on several tracks.
Ive reported it on the there forms but havent gotten any solutions to the issue.
Deleted the gfx file, player profile, verified the game files and re installed. No over heating on cpu or gpu and tested the memory.
The odd part is, theres hardly any change in fps between low and high settings.

Sli or xfire would be beneficial for 4k or triple screen users and it is a much cheaper alternative buying a second used older gen card than shelling out $1k for a single 1080 card.
Theres also an API available from nvidia that if used by game developers it would allow VR users to benefit from sli and have each lense rendered on its own gpu.

https://developer.nvidia.com/vrworks/graphics/vrsli

If I read correctly the API is intergrated into the Unreal Engine, which would be an amazing feature if enabled when Raceroom switches over to that engine down the road.
Plus all my other go to sims support it and run well....it would be nice for Raceroom to join the party :)

Last edited:
Anyone tried the 64bit version since the hotfix earlier? I haven't had a chance yet since I'm still injured. Plus I'm not sure if I had the issue anyway since I've only streamed the 32bit version so far this week.

Anyone tried the 64bit version since the hotfix earlier?

No announcement from RR that the glitch has been fixed but I just played back to back 20 min races with practice and qualifying against 19 AI at Laguna Seca with GTR 3. When I had a chance to glance at FPS were at 100+ at max settings with no issues.
Although, the other day I added the 1 at the end of the launch code for triple monitors which did help the objects on the side of the track from popping in and out.

I played for over three hours myself and saw no issues with the 64bit version either. However, I did notice that the shadow issue in VR that was supposed to be fixed, isn't fixed at all. It's exactly the same as it was pre-patch, chasing shadows. :thumbsdown:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%