Apps RaceEssentials [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not right now. I mean, technically there's nothing preventing it, but a lot of info the app otherwise displays is not available in replay mode. Plus, there's a lot of quirks I didn't have time to deal with, like displaying the data for the car in focus, ignoring lap records and so on. Thus I dediced to just kill it in replay mode.
Ok thanks for the reply. Still a great and very useful app.

hi topuz,

again back to the topic "SHORT_NAME" in tyres.ini.
i have an idea, but i dont know if its work.

some MODs use only ONE tyretyp. so they didn´t need any entry of SHORT_NAME in this file.

if this the case, you can use the NAME instead of SHORT_NAME. then satisfies the entry [MOD-Name without appendix] in the compound.ini of the app.

z.B.
compunds.ini
[abarth500_st]
idealPressureF = 36
idealPressureR = 34
minOptimalTemp = 75
maxOptimalTemp = 85

[abarth500_sm]
idealPressureF = 37
idealPressureR = 35
minOptimalTemp = 75
maxOptimalTemp = 95

[PorscheCup2016] (MOD without SHORT_NAME)
idealPressureF = 50
idealPressureR = 55
minOptimalTemp = 95
maxOptimalTemp = 99
If NOT exist SHORT_NAME (in tyres.ini) Then
use NAME (PorscheCup2016)
ELSE
use SHORT_NAME (abarth500_st, abarth500_sm ...)
ENDIF.

what do you mean about this idea? or i make an "thoughts error"
frog

Last edited:
Topuz updated RaceEssentials with a new update entry:

- TC/ABS/DRS states are now cached to avoid unnecessary draw calls (thanks to @Yachanay)
- Lap start now clears lap validity as well (no need to complete invalid laps on Nord Tourist any more), configurable from config.ini
- Fixed a bug where invalid lap could be saved as best/personal best if slower valid lap time is set after it
- Keyboard shortcuts remapped to Alt + D (delta button) and Alt + C (compound button)

Read the rest of this update entry...

1.4.1 dont work for me :(
20160720202436_1.jpg

1.4.0 is working fine
20160720202940_1.jpg

I have these errors, but... only for specific cars. I tried the mercedes and it gives errors, i try the ferrari and it works like a charm.
I dont know for which other cars it does not works. But with the 1.4.0 its working for all cars.

View attachment 144582
This should be fixed now, thanks for reporting. Kunos' files gave me a bit of unnecessary headache since there's three different character encodings in use, but this should be finally working as intended, for all cars. Fingers crossed.

hi topuz,

some MODs use only ONE tyretyp. so they didn´t need any entry of SHORT_NAME in this file.

if this the case, you can use the NAME instead of SHORT_NAME. then satisfies the entry [MOD-Name without appendix] in the MOD_Name.ini of the app.

example...
folder compounds/
file ... PorscheCup2016.ini
idealPressureF = 50
idealPressureR = 55
minOptimalTemp = 95
maxOptimalTemp = 99

frog

hi topuz,

if this the case, you can use the NAME instead of SHORT_NAME. then satisfies the entry [MOD-Name without appendix] in the MOD_Name.ini of the app.

example...
folder compounds/
file ... PorscheCup2016.ini
idealPressureF = 50
idealPressureR = 55
minOptimalTemp = 95
maxOptimalTemp = 99

frog
I've read it the first time, no need to repost. :)
It's not a priority right now, but who knows, maybe one day. I really don't want to waste my time fixing something that other people broke.

Hi and thank you for this great app, everything is right there. :thumbsup:

I was wondering if it's possible to change the colors of the shift indicator? I would like to change the orange gear number to something lighter so I could catch the red one better without looking. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back