I always thought that the procedural approach would be great for Rally titles. One problem with any Rally title is that as one practices, the stages become more and more familiar taking away a lot of what Rally is about..
I see the room for a procedural approach there, maybe inspired by the different type of environment rallies are staged in.

For instance, I see a developer taking google earth like maps of certain areas in wales, australia, greece, Italy, france, etc. and let the users create rally stages utilizing both tarmac, gravel and mud roads combining them to create fresh stages for events or solo rally. The navigator calls may be a bit hard to figure out, but I don't think impossible. It would keep each rally fresh and avoid rewarding those that have simply more time to practice or are more obsessive about it.

That, I'd pay good money for.
Fake cars on fake tracks, not so much.

I'll have to agree with the rest, this should've been a rally or Baja game.
Though the way the game marks braking points and apexes looks interesting, I wish more games could have something like it IMO.

Baja, Off-Road and Rally, opposite of what the market and sim genre is doing would be the way to go, IMHO, instead companies are throwing so much $$$$ out at each other to beat one another in the "usual" sim racing market. (might even add simcade/ arcade market) but certainly agreewith what Matt Orr said.

Nah.
I mostly do sim-racing for the immersion. Ain't gonna be much immersion on fictitious tracks.
Besides, while 'procedurally generated' seems to have become something of a fad in gaming in general, my experience with it tells me that while it does offer the opportunity for 'infinite' tracks, they're also very likely to be rather bland.

Like the previous posters, sim-racing real world cars on real world tracks is important to me. I think it is more immersive and lets you feel in a small way what pro-racers are experiencing. So I probably wont get this.

I agree though that this would be a great idea for a rally sim. Dirt Rally has already reached the stage where people know the stages inside out and procedurally generated stages while maybe being graphically less polished could keep it fresh for years.

Instead of making a new game, add the ability to generate random tracks in Assetto Corsa.
No need for another game. lol
Secondly, yes, I would be interested, but not necessarily in "closed" tracks.
I want to be able to generate very long rally or hillclimb tracks randomly.
Now THAT would be simply incredible.
I can't believe how hard it must be to program such a thing, but it sure would be paradise if we could generate Joux Plane-like tracks randomly.:)

I bought it few weeks back after trying to demo. It's not too bad. If you're a card-carrying hardcore sim type you might not care for it. It's somewhere between arcade and sim, I would say, in terms of how the car feels to drive.

Very limited features just now, but the track generator can turn out some interesting stuff, and you can specify how complex you want the track, how long it is, the average severity of the turns. They're also going to be adding an actual layout creator at some point too.

I would try this game out, however I'm finding Steam refuses point blank to show the demo version. It's listed when searching for RaceCraft, but always goes to the EA page :(

Why drive fake cars on fake tracks whit the all the games out there offering the real thing ?
Why be restricted to watered down boring real series, boring real tracks, and boring slow cars with artificially boring stupid rules that are popular nowadays, when you can do so much more with a computer?
At least the cars in this game represent dedicated race cars, that's already much better than 99% of the content most titles offer these days (no I don't consider GT cars dedicated).
And last time I checked there were like half a handful of modern titles that would qualify as simulations anyway.

Last edited:
They already made the game for you, it's called Wipeout.
Wipeout is not a proper race game (has bogus physics and shooting).
I was just stating that current real series and most titles aren't that great nowadays either, so I don't see that as an argument for dismissing this game.
I for one would welcome more futuristic sims and semi-sims.

Last edited:
I play racing sims because I want to experience driving real race cars on real tracks. Therefore a title such as this doesn't interest me in the slightest, but it will be interesting to see how it fares.

And last time I checked there were less than a handful of modern titles that would qualify as simulations anyway.
By what metric? Keyboard support?

I would try this game out, however I'm finding Steam refuses point blank to show the demo version. It's listed when searching for RaceCraft, but always goes to the EA page :(
there should be somewhere "download demo" button on ea page, i think i cant see it coz i have the game. Anyway, game was free for anyone who bought victory before it went f2p so if anyone is interested in racecraft should find old key and see if it works. I can get u the key but i have no idea if it will work honestly (it was in bundles multiple times)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.