RACE Pro (Xbox 360)

I was gentle with the shifter -- I'm quite relaxed when I drive actually. Just like the other said this is a manufacturing problem. I could have sworn I saw a video where someone repaired this at one point but I just cannot find it.

And to think I was really enjoying the racing with Race Pro again. It was the career bug that made me go away from it (I think I restarted it 7 or 8 times ...now I have a backup drive). The championship series the AI really pushes hard and makes it fun. Haven't had a chance to do any online racing as of late... doesn't look like I will any time soon :(

Bram has some pretty amazing setups I must admit -- I liked em a lot until my wheel broke :(

But as for me when it came to setups I was a bit old-school in thinking... granted it's a bit more time consuming but I felt I understood more what each part of the car controlled...

First thing I would do was completely zero (lowest possible setting) on everything accept for springs... I'd drive round the track (bouncing around of course) just to feel how the car's weight transfer was...too soft...too hard... and make adjustments from there...

Next I would adjust the slow bump on the car....then then slow rebound.... fast bump....fast rebound... then finally sway bars... i believe the springs should control the car's turn in / balance ...not the sway bars. There are different schools of thought (perhaps Bram can chime in) -- you can have stiff springs / soft sway or soft springs / stiff sway. I prefer the first option -- I would get more feedback in the wheel.

Downforce settings were usually the last -- granted I haven't got into alignment specs and tire pressures... I would make those adjustments after each change on the suspension...constant adjustments ....like I said...time consuming but still a very important educational tool, imo

i'll be selling a xbox360 wheel soon as i have recentley upgraded to the fanatec gt2 (awesome). just waiting on the pedals to come on the 29th. tbh i only recentley started using manual gears and i have to say the paddel shift on the official wheel does feel a little suspect. i am purposley careful while using the upshift (it feels more fragile than downshift to me).
as for the wheel i'm not sure if to put it on fleabay or sell it private. if anyone wants to make me a offer on it then i'll sell it to them. at least i know it goes to a good home. it's fully boxed, around a year old and in perfect working order. £80, i'll even throw in nfs shift. i

I find the MS paddles fine as i said 4 years i had mine with almost daily use.
Definitely got my moneys worth from it and the paddles are super sensitive hey only need the slightest flick of your finger to change up.
And the down shift is slightly stiffer sprung but again only a slight flick is required.

TONIGHT!!!! 24/12/2010 race pro christmas cup!!!

i want host a race pro lobby on _24_/_12__/_2010_.
time (gmt) __20_:__00__
cars type we will race in ___any____
ammount of races planned ___till late___
tracks to be used; original
no assit; n
race line; n
tire/brake; ware y
damage; real

who's up for it???

After Xmas I'll make a new automated sign-up sheet so everybody can setup their own Race Pro races here @ RD. Really have zero time to do it now so it will have to wait after the weekend if that's okay with you all :)

MINI Race Pro Championship on the 27th?

Hi All,

Merry Christmas, i'm thinking of organizing a small championship with minis.

MINI CHALLENGE CUP

i want host a race pro lobby on _27_/_12__/_2010_.
time (gmt) __21_:__00__
cars type we will race in ___mini____
ammount of races planned _a five race championship. there will be,
1 x 10min practice session @ each track
a qualifying session @ each track.
each race will be 5 laps long.
points will be awarded for finishing positions.

1st ---25pts
2nd---20pts
3rd---15pts
4th---10pts
5th---8pts
6th---6pts
7th---4pts
8th---2pts
9th,10th,11th,12th----0pts

the 10mins practice at each track is to allow me to update the scores and eventual standings. the scores for positions stays the same regardless of number of racers. so if only two race then they will score 25pt or 20pts for 1st or 2nd place finish respectively.

tracks to be used; 5 LAPS EACH
RACE ONE-----CURITIBA
RACE TWO-----BRANDS HATCH
RACE THREE----ANDERSTORP
RACE FOUR-----LAGUNA SECA
RACE FIVE------VALENCIA

assit; n

race line; n

tire/brake; ware y

damage; real

rules: full

so that's it. let me know if you want to race by posting on here. of course there are only 12 places. I'm not really sure of what would happen if we only get two or three racing, would the lobby still remain open for others to join mid-championship?
of course the normal race etiquette apply's in each race. not ramming each other on purpose and no (overly) bad language on the headsets. of course no verbal abuse towards other racers. of course accidents and incidents do happen and it's all part of the fun.

see you on track

MONKEY III

I work different shifts each week so sometimes its hard for me to do a full championship of anything,Sometimes I will be at work when a race is on, Or I will either be in bed at the time a race is on. lol. But this will suit me fine if its all on the same night. Sign me up. Plus am going to use the proper liveried Paint schemes on the minis. I Don't like everyone choosing the Gold paint scheme (Which appears black on my screen any way) lol.

Gamertag Steven85Samp46

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea