RACE Pro (Xbox 360)

any advice on car setups?

hi

this weekend i heard a few talking about gear ratios set up's and other various tweeks and tunes people are doing. while watching a replay of one of the races the guys in front seem to have set ups that complement the tracks perfectly. can anyone offer me any advice on how to set cars up? gear ratios, suspenstion and all. i am reletivley new to this so any advice is welcome.

cheers,

MONKEY III

sorry i couldn't race properly with you guys last night, sods law the little man would not go to sleep, was good racing for the short time i was in, what download stuff do you all have as i got kick because i didnt have the dlc??
the wife will have the boy next time!!!

sorry i couldn't race properly with you guys last night, sods law the little man would not go to sleep, was good racing for the short time i was in, what download stuff do you all have as i got kick because i didnt have the dlc??
the wife will have the boy next time!!!

yeah sorry mate, i had no comms last night due to missus talking at me while trying to drive. it was the first time i'd hosted as well. i have all the dlc mate. 1880ms point for the lot, it's well worth it. i think i'll stay away from hosting for the time being. sorry for kicking you as well mate, on the first time you raced with us as well.:rolleyes:

lower front rol bar/stiffen rear to get more turning, same with springs. gears max out 6th at the fastest point on the track. use as little wing as you can get away with without coming off every courner and try your brake bias to the rear abit more. add some camber to your wheels also. just keep playing around with these things till it feel good

I like to have alot of negative camber as i like my car to oversteer. Sometimes il set it as low or high whatever way you look at it as -4.5, especially on long wheel base cars, Honda, Chevy, Volvo S60.
The shorter wheel base cars you can probably add .5 to 1 degree onto that so would be around -3.5.

Sometimes to be abit oddball works too. Although there is an ultimate setup to get you your fastest lap it's not necessarily the best way to win a race.

At Macau for example i had a league race last year, 1st race with High down force i came last, the following races i came 2nd as although i was a little slower through the twisty bits, i made minced meat of everyone down the straight so you need to find a balance between hotlap pace and race pace, a qualifying setup and race setup is generally a good way forward.

wheel help

Hey guys -- just as this game starts to come back into my life my MS Wireless wheel up-shift pattle shifter is no longer working. Anyone know how to fix this??

I know that MS is no longer repairing or replacing these wheels (in fact I think they aren't even producing them anymore) - and right now purchasing a 400 dollar wheel isn't in the forecast... :-/

I had the same problem. Right shifter stopped working. Ive opened the wheel and noticed that it has snapped. I tried to glue it together but didnt work for me...
My mate had similar problem (on 3 ms wheels - no joke). He tried to screew it together but again it didnt work to well...

I had a launch wheel that was absolutely fine and had no problems.
4 years on and it was still going fine until I tried to modify it that was the reason it broke.
But it wasn't an issue as I knew I was getting a Fanatec which is why I was trying the mod.

How old is your MS wheels? Ive had mine 2-3 months now from new and use it every other evening. Am i to expect problems soon?
it depends from how gentle u are with shifters. My broke after 8 months from new. In that time my mate have had 3 wheels and every single one developed same problem with right shifter. From what i read and heard from other players this is very common problem. even microsoft admited to this. Unfortunetly it will happen sooner or later...
Thats why i swooped to Fanatec PWTS
hope yr wheel will stay fine for long time.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 146 86.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 25 14.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 21 12.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 50 29.6%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 59 34.9%