RACE On released on Steam!

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium

RACE On Released on Steam
A few moments ago RACE On by SimBin has been released on Steam. If you already have RACE 07, GTR Evolution or STCC – The Game installed you can download the expansion pack that merges beautifully into your excisting content.

New users can download the full game which will bring a wide selection of cars from different racing series: RACE 07, STCC – The Game and the latest RACE On content are all included in one fine bundle that keeps you racing for hours, days and if you are a racing club member at RaceDepartment: even months or years of thrilling online action!

We have opened this release thread at the RACE On forums where you can discuss the latest installment of the Race Series and find purchase links, support and racing events.

Download RACE On directly from Steam here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/8780/

About RACE On
RACE On is the only official game of two of the world’s biggest touring car spectacles; the World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) and the Swedish Touring Car Championship (STCC). Not only does RACE On include all the cars and circuits from the 2008 seasons of these championships, it also adds a massive selection of US Muscle cars and circuits to the mix, as well as the 2008 International Formula Master and the 2008 Camaro Cup Challenge.
The full RACE On bundle including RACE 07 and STCC - the Game, introduces the biggest, best and most comprehensive SimBin racing package ever.

• 39 unique car models in 17 different classes
  • 47 tracks including variations
  • Various real life championships including their accurate regulations
  • Multiplayer, up to 25 AI or real players online
  • Ghost racing against your own lap time or against those of your friends

as i bought also race on online with no argument, cant understand why guys are mumbling about the price..... for instance buy a game thats 2 years old you can get that for 20% of the price when you get it when its new. just normal, then 25 not much for me at least....

but back to the game. as i installed my windows again i directly installed installed race on.... game asks me to install race 07 also , sure no problem. every thing installed weeee. lets go for a round with the masters at A1.

Gluck!

no addon tracks? even the entire folder game data wasnt there anymore? wtf....... aah i prob need to install gtr evo. installing . no difference only have the US as extra tab... the addon entirely gone. tried to make a game data file manually but didnt help..

any one else encountered the same problem?

im reinstalling all games from the right way up now raze 07> gtre>race on
and i hope this will solve the problem

no addon tracks? even the entire folder game data wasnt there anymore? wtf....... aah i prob need to install gtr evo. installing . no difference only have the US as extra tab... the addon entirely gone. tried to make a game data file manually but didnt help..

any one else encountered the same problem?

im reinstalling all games from the right way up now raze 07> gtre>race on
and i hope this will solve the problem
I see all the default tracks are not showing up but all modded ie.. DL's show fine mate..

Gotta be honest I dont think its that good value at only a tenner of what an average game costs online. Most are 29.99 and this is roughly a tenner cheaper.

You get two TC cars, well one and a half, if you ahve STCC already (which I got for £12 bargain) nothing there, a few V8 cars that are based on same model with different bodys and Master which looks good

3 new tracks and all that for 18 quid.

Notenough for me, especially after getting decent value with Evo and STCC

So I but GTR Evo, STCC and the first Race game and then they turn around and say "oh you misewell have waited for STCC coz you could have had it for a couple of quid lol"

TBh not my sort of humour. Perfetic. I see they love looking after there followers who have bought nearly all there previous expansions /games.

Not paying £18 for 3 tracks and some ladas. What a joke. Those who havnt got STCC must be laughing but us who did they have really bent over and screwed havnt they.

• Ingo Voellinger

Why not?
i bought the Halflife 2 orange box for 10€ at steam.
Then i had an extra HL2 to give away as steam present.

To those complaining about the price, consider the following:

Please note that SimBin are the only main stream developers of Racing simulations on the PC at this point in time.
If they fold up then we are left with pay-monthly models or r-Factor that has not been updated in the past 5 or so years. Or NFS which is arcade racing really.

Look at what tracks and car classes you have after paying the latest £17.99 for Race -On!
Never have i had a racing game with so many classes, different car models and tracks.
SimBin do not restrict the tracks that you can add to the game either, they could if they wanted and sold add on track packs(if they really wanted to fleece the public).

It is not just a matter of what you get now for your money but ensuring that you will get more in the future.
At under £30 a year there really should be no complaints, more so if you are an enthusiast(and being a member of this forum makes you one, even if you didn't realise it ;-)).
EA does worse with Fifa as you just get updated kits and rosters. SimBin don't force you to re-buy existing content and have add on packs for people who already have existing content.

So please don't let Simbin fold over £17.99 a year! I know that sounds drastic, but they are the only ones left (for a reason), and we have already heard that they are struggling a few years ago when they complained of modders taking their tracks to other games.

Lastly, I look at the Race series as a sim, not a computer game, i get tired of playing computer games, but i dont get tired of a racing sim, by that i mean that i can play it almost every weekend for the next year with out getting tired of it, whereas i am almost already tired of NFS shift i got last month for which i paid £29.99.

Alex I think you make some good points there and I agree all reading these forums should support SimBin and the concept of cheap additional add-ons and coming at good rate so never gets boring.I infact bought Race On within the first hour of being on Steam. But where did you get the information about SimBin being broke? I have never heard that and actually thought they were quite the opposite through making these more frequent and smaller add-ons.

The Issue SimBin and went public about was stolen content and ripped and converted to GTR2 within the first week of release of GTR Evo. Not sure about you but even if they were a Google Rich company they would still have been just as Pee'd off about it. They were clearly angry and made a very public outburst about it because the person responsible was so dissrescpectfull the way they did it. They had had downloaded a pirate version of the game for starters and released the Nordsliefe track before pretty much 99% of the world even had to chance to purchase even through Steam at that point. If I were SimBin I would have had Steam coming out of my ears. Unfortunately the main person responsible still has files for D/L all over the place and I have seen some of his work here in the past. I think SimBin were giving the warning to all sites that share content for their game to not tollerate these individuals, although it seems to have fallen on deaf ears I feel on most sites.

Ah maybe i got it wrong (or i assumed wrongly)as i did not follow up on the stroy or investigated why they released the statement.

I still don't believe that SimBin are rolling in our cash. If they announced tomorrow that they were folding I would not be suprised.
It is known that the sims in general suffered greately with the invention of consoles. As the money is made on console games and arcady racers etc.

I think apart from MS there is just one other flight sim developer - Maddox. Although a game called Blackshark released this year from an associate developer.
There are no other main racing sim developers that i can think of, i stand to be corrected.

Please take care of Sim Bin if you enjoy sim racing, dont cut off your nose to spite your face lol!

I take it you tried. So basically you either pay only 5.00USD less for the new content, of which I think they could have cut the price by another 5.00USD or you pay for the full content and get nothing above and beyond...

I mean I am perfectly willing to subsidize a company like simbin, but at the same time they need to take care of their customers in the same way their customers need to take care of them. A 20.00USD price point for any expansion is what has in the past been considered the butter zone and I would not be surprised if everyone here that is complaining about the price point agreed that this was the right price for this expansion as well.

Yes I agree they put together alot of things in this box, and, I haven't read any of the engine upgrades they may or may not have done. ((One of which I think they should have done is server skin caching of which has been around since the Quake 3 Era if not before)). And what with the rumor that this is the last expansion for the RACE 07 engine, and that we will be moving to their next engine I think this may have been again a 5.00USD overprice on the expansion.

• leahcim

But if it had included STCC, you would be getting two expansions and all the Race On content. "Kidded myself"? I'm confused as to what you mean... :confused2:

Well not really 2 new expansion.

basically I meant that STCC is pretty much worthless - in the same way that Race07, GTR Evolution and Quake 2 and 3 are.

And the reason I don't have it, given how long it has been out, speaks volumes about how much it's worth and largely suggests that it wasn't that compelling even when new.

So even if it included it, it still shouldn't have cost what it does.

But, as I said, if it had, I might at least have kidded myself that I was getting a lot of tracks and cars that it included...

• leahcim

So please don't let Simbin fold over £17.99 a year! I know that sounds drastic, but they are the only ones left (for a reason)

Well, you could give them the money to stop peeing around with these silly half-arsed projects like volvo the game, failing miserably to port race 07 to the 360 (although they could have just done that well instead) and this new expansion.

But the trouble is giving the money now, out of pity, or in the hope they do something substantial, would be a waste of time, because they've already wasted all that time doing the above projects.

If you can get them to agree to something where we pay £20 or whatever, in order for them to stop peeing around and commit to producing something substantial, give us a call....but I think you'd be much better throwing your money at SMS and asking them to do it.

Simbin's strength, if it's "physics, and everything else doesn't matter", has been replicated by guys sat in their bedrooms writing sims...and if you want to take it seriously, just get iracing - they want no more money than the sites that moan about not getting enough donations, they are just up front about it.

basically I meant that STCC is pretty much worthless - in the same way that Race07, GTR Evolution and Quake 2 and 3 are.

And the reason I don't have it, given how long it has been out, speaks volumes about how much it's worth and largely suggests that it wasn't that compelling even when new.

I can't believe you just said that.

STCC is one of the best expansions so far in my opinion. The tracks are heaps of fun, as well as rather high-quality (most of them are practically rollercoasters - they're worth the price alone) and the cars added are alright: Volvo C30 and S60, a thinly-disguised Mercedes and a Peugeot 308. Of course, that isn't including the 6-speed sequential BMW E90 (not much besides an extra gear, but I reckon it's better to drive than the 5-speed) and the Camaro Cup cars. The latter are an acquired taste, but many people find them fun.

For me and so many others on here, STCC is far from worthless. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back