Race Department Forum Racing Season 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
KEDERER BACK TO FRONT
USApodium.jpg

But is the Apex revival starting?
Tobi Kederer wins blah blah, Buurlage third blah... Milos Ancevski took Benetton driver Tobi Kederer down to a drag race to the line after a fantastic scrap for victory. The drivers were strategically similar and both seemed to capitalise on the Safety Car caused by Chant and Said, meaning they could escape the rest of the field. Ancevski had a great run out of the penultimate corner on the final lap, and dived up the inside into the last turn. Both Ancevski and Kederer gave each other fair racing room, and both exited the corner side-by-side and accelerating in tandem. However, Ancevski was forced to duck around a front-wing endplate left offline by the McLaren of Aidan Keranen many laps earlier, which lost him the fractions of a second he needed to take victory. The battle behind Buurlage was a close one, as all the cars of Utzer, Engberink, Foro and Rautavaara are sitting quite close together in the championship. They were entertaining the crowds, and slowly covering each others cars with tyre marks, scratches and dents; but, they crossed the line cleanly and in the aforementioned order. Andrea Dovisioso's 8th place was his best of the season so far, as Herbert and Harvey rounded off the top 10. Rami Saidy's season still hasn't really taken off, as another single-figures point score for 11th added to his misery. He did manage to hold off Andy Black and Old Wolf though. The Mclarens were unfortunate. Tapio Rinneaho was held up in the Chant/Said collision, giving him a puncture and 14th place. Aidan Keranen was battling in the top 6 with the Utzer/Foro battle, but he cut back on Foro a bit too hard about halfway through the race and removed his front wing endplate. The wing properly fell off further around the lap, and the Aussie Ace was lucky to keep his car out of the wall. The debris from the wing was the cause of the biggest crash. The main part of the wing was a long way off the track at the chicane, but a rather strong gust of wind blew it onto the circuit near the chicane exit. Chant was already struggling with the wind gust, but with the large chunk of debris on the racing line, he avoided it and spun on the grass. Said, who was following Chant didn't have anywhere to go and flew over the top of the Toyota. Both went to the Medical Centre, but came out fine. So, another win for Benetton sees both drivers on 185 points. Can their opponents step up? Or will we see them on the podium in every race this season?
USAres.jpg

USAPhoto.jpg
Said launches over the unlucky Chant

Next Time:
The Molson Grand Prix du Canada

@miki2000milos, I know the loss of a victory isn't nice, but are you at least happy to be back on the podium?
well yeah, nice to be battling the clearly more powerful Benettons. At least the fans liked it, but I guess it was a bit disappointing that Benetton won yet again. We came pretty close though, so improvement is there, just for how long can we keep it is the question.

James made a very crazy move on me. It was quite dangerous, i could have morgued by now, but i was very lucky. I hope the marshalls will not ignore this just like they ignored all of Lesley's shameful illegal moves this season.

(I thought i had finished in this race! DOH!!!!)
Wait, which illegal moves ?!

Medium Race
Never Gonnna Give You Up - Rick Astley
ongo inonvronwaoubna wibfiwuepf
FJWHOOUuoasdnjojfjfobfvbbjvbjosavnsdfnsoubsosv
abivuosvuosvnjosonvspivsvsd
fgarsgdfasbvfdsaafgb rtghyrjuttsrgfd
gdfv 5er re rersdfgffgjrshshghshsst
thts hhs
The Rick Astley April 1st Grand Prix is GOGOGO!
Rick.gif

What You Need to Post: Angry messages about how I got you :roflmao:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements