Race 7 - Trois Rivieres

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good race even though it was tough.
Qualifying. was OK, it took a bit cautious and was a decent time anyway. 3a
Race: Started in third place and it felt really promising. felt that I was faster then Bommel. but figured I'll take it easy and pass when he makes a mistake. But then after 6-7 laps so suddenly, I began to see all the walls around the track. And became incredibly cowardly. And lap time step all the time. could not run for fear of walls. Then on lap 21 drove my team mate Danne out of the race. Then I felt the walls even harder. But in some incredible way, I managed to get me finished in third place.
I was totally exhausted after the race. Survived barely Interview with Eckhart after the race. (I apologize for my bad English, my teacher at school had mental disorders and serious alcohol problems), but have to thank all drivers which were lapped:) they must have looked more in the rearview mirror then forward.

And as always a really good job of STC crew we are so impressed.

For 60 minutes it went good....

Qually:
not happy at all with my 59.3 at 11th place. Should have been 58.8 at P4 or 5, but that hotlap kills me (again)
Glad my teammate Martijn was on 2nd.

Race:
after the start you were as fast as the driver in front of you, so kept it cool and made a gap with Reggie behind my,
so only had to look forward. With a few mistakes of other drivers i found myself at p7 behind Aljoe in the second Koenigsegg and had
the feeling i was faster so tried some manouvres but Nathan defended well and we both went in the pit. I came out in front of him with a good lead, so only had to concentrate on closing the gap to P5 and 4 which i managed to do.
I was very amused to see my teammate do the same in the pit by overtaking Mike Simian for P1 and me making up some good places.

But then Disaster stroke!!
After the long straight and close to P5,4 and a backmarker i was driving, and then they crashed in the left turn and i went into them which damaged my car very much. Did repair all of it but came out way back. Had to come in once more, got out on 17th, managed to get to 15 in the last 15 minutes but my race was over.....
Still had some fun because STC driving is fun :wink:, overall a good job from the drivers who where lapped and crashes do
happen on this track. Think i ruined about 40 cars in practising all those days for this race....

Congrats to Mike, Martijn and Goran for there awesome race.

Thanks to Stc crew for making this possible again

gregory sent me a MP saying that i could do something else than stay full throttle...
i just want him to see again the replay from my camera car and see that when i turned out of the corner i was already accelerating, and he was MOVING from left (outside drive line) to right, at drive line, and he was 90° rotate of the track, so, i want to ask, what else i could do? brake with full power, slip and hit you, and then be hitted from behind? come on, if you see F1 or other races you see that the car that waits for others pass, is the car that spun on the track... if you want to insist and do a report, just do hit, i'm sure that others not involved can confirm my theory. I'm sorry for you, but if you want to say something to someone, talk with the one that hit you BEFORE...

bye bye

Agree 100% Nicola, only just had the replay and it looked like it did on the broadcast. You where lucky to escape from there. Sry to say this Gregory but you should have waited. Nicola had nowhere to go.

Gregory I don't say this because I have something against you or I am favour of Nicola. I only want to avoid future incidents. Drivers regaining the track should do this in a save way. To many incidents are happing like this. This is the kind that can be easily avoided.

Qually: As i was starting my hotlap i got serious lag on the start/finish straight(always nice..),so i was very careful with braking into t1 and then the lagging stopped fortunatly but it ment that i lost quit some time there with braking to early,then in an attempt to make up for it i braked to late for t2,meaning i lost even more time,aaarrrggg.Stupid me,lol hahaha. :frown:
The rest of the lap went ok but i had set a time that i wasnt to happy about,and therfore i was really surprised to see i got p2.

Race: I tried to stay as close to Mike as possible but he was just that little bit faster than me,still maneged to keep the gap pretty small,
and as we were starting to make our pitstops i knew i had a chance and i worked out beautifully.
I just passed him as he was driving out of the pits again. :tongue:
Then i tried to drive as smoothly as possibel knowing that at some point he would be filling up my rear view mirror.
And so he did,we had a great fight.
Got some love taps from him :fwd2:but i managed to stick to my line leaving him no room for overtaking and as the race progressed i felt i could pull it of. :D
But then some backmarkers upfront got into some troubles as they were fighting their own battles and they got stuck into the tyres.
As it was a blind corner (turn 3),i saw it to late,had contact with one of them and lost momentum. :frown:
Mike immidiatly pulled up beside me as we drag raced to t4 with another backmarker in front of us so i couldnt take the normal racingline
and still filled with adrenaline i just braked a fraction to late,locked it up just a little bit,had to turn in more than when you do when you're on the racingline,rearend went sideways because of that,hit the tyres and Mike easely passed me. :damnit:
Concertration level dropped as i was a little frustrated for loosing the lead in that way and also my tyres sufferd from those moments.
Mike was gone and i couldnt keep up the pace anymore.
Still very happy with 2nd place but i know that if that wouldnt have happend i would have been able to keep him behind me the rest of the race.
So congrats to Mike and Goran and to all those who finished on this track,wich isnt easy.

Thx to STC,the commentators,admins and to all the drivers for this great event.

Special thx to the backmarkers for making way even if you had your own battles,on this track thats not an easy task :thumbup:

Sry to say this Gregory but you should have waited. Nicola had nowhere to go.
Gregory couldn´t see Nicola coming, as well as Nicola couldn´t see Gregory. But Nicola had a yellow flag for sure so he had could calculate with a car anywhere behind the corner. He drive further in a normal way like i guess the most drivers had done it. Also i think the most had try to get back in race as fast as possible like Greg.
So i wouldn´t give anybody a blame for it, it´s just a unlucky situation. Both had the possibility to behave other in this situation but to give Greg the whole blame here is for me unproduceable.

Gregory couldn´t see Nicola coming, as well as Nicola couldn´t see Gregory. But Nicola had a yellow flag for sure so he had could calculate with a car anywhere behind the corner. He drive further in a normal way like i guess the most drivers had done it. Also i think the most had try to get back in race as fast as possible like Greg.
So i wouldn´t give anybody a blame for it, it´s just a unlucky situation. Both had the possibility to behave other in this situation but to give Greg the whole blame here is for me unproduceable.

For these situations the track map is should be used so as he would have seen Nicola coming.
Yellow flag is useless tbh, as you can't see where it is. Half the time yellow flags are shown of incidents far away. Seeing this track I think the yellow flag was up almost the whole time :) .

"Most had try to get back in race as fast as possible" : Well thats is why it usually goes wrong.

and another fine example of a rather fruitless debate ... let's wait for incident reports gents, if none is coming but there still needs to be discussion (which I heartily support), PM is always a good way to keep the audience small and the temper down.

I have another question:
I see the results in the result page, but do you confirm that the classification is not updated? i see in statistical data that our team has a best result of 6th while my result for Trois is 4th!
I do not want to hurry you up, just to understand!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back