Race #7, Germany: Post-Race Discussion

Wel I'll keep it short as I'm too fed up.

Q1: P3

Q2: P5

R:

- wrong gearing, lost 3 places because I bugged down at start.
- wrong radiator and brake duct, far too much.
- wrong strategy
- car got damage

Driving P7, got stuck behind slower cars. Had to take avoiding action when some car spun in front of a group. Lap 11 Nunes drives me off. Lap 16 Nunes drives me off. Lap 19 Nunes drives me off.

On lap 40 I was the closest I've been to Jonathan Holmes but had to let Rens by on new tires. Then when Rens got by JH I had Mikkos behind me, he passed me but I had to repass him twice. But then JH was too far.

Might as well tell about my race a bit further:

PQ: 1:30.6? Are you ****ing kidding me? Nevertheless, was enough to pass G1 in 7th place.

Q1: 1:30.5xx "Hey, that's enough for Q2 - wait, SIGGY? You overtook me with a 3 thousandths gap? Screw you..." That's basically how I felt when I narrowly lost the Q2.

Race: Starting from the 11th place, was a bit nervous as it was my best start ever until lap 3 when Jonathan Holmes (he overtook me last lap as I made a mistake in the Schumacher-corner) accidentally put 1st gear in T3, causing him to spin in front of me and I lost my front wing. Went to get a new one, and naturally had dropped to the back of the field. However, I didn't give up because I could still fight for 11+ points. I was correct: finished the race in 11th place where I also started from, happy to see that more extra points are home after an intense fightback. I chose the hard-hard-soft strategy for the race and used it even after the front wing loss, since I knew I could fight back for my place, especially when I changed to softs I flew past other drivers with so much more speed. :D The race was basically a replica of Canada, was 0.03 off from Q2 there and also dropped to the back there having started from 11th place. I finished 10th there though.

Anyway, I'm quite pleased with the result considering the case, but if Holmes wouldn't have cocked up his gear changing I could've fought for the top 10.... :roflmao:

Also, congratulations for Mikko for finishing 8th after also climbing from the back. ;) Jonathan apologised for his move and I accepted it, since it was basically an unavoidable contact. :)

Rz7W5R4.jpg

My lovely creation :roflmao:

Tacito's gpcos comment: "I am extremely happy with the result, after weeks of arduous training and dedication.
I want to thank my team, Shadow Racing, my family and my girlfriend for supporting me. Be the first Brazilian to win a podium in this fantastic league is spectacular to me.
Thank you!"

So cute

Tacito's gpcos comment: "I am extremely happy with the result, after weeks of arduous training and dedication.
I want to thank my team, Shadow Racing, my family and my girlfriend for supporting me. Be the first Brazilian to win a podium in this fantastic league is spectacular to me.
Thank you!"

So cute
Should be "after weeks of arduous cheat preparing..."

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play