Race #14, Monza: Post race discussion

Quialified in P19 which I was not quiet happy with. But my time was actually good for me, so it was allright.
Nothing to say about that havy jam at T1 after start. Really crazy how some guys brake for T1 in the back possitions. Stuff like that has to stop. Of course T1 was full of cars after that and people running over the chicane completely just stop in front of you. I lost my frontwing when almost standing getting pushed into a other car. Such a shame.
Had to crawl to pits for new frontwing.
From that on my race went quite lonely but without mistakes. I decided to pit early to make some time back and it turend out good. Was quite happy with my pace.
Soon I was in P18.
Then later I cought up to Vanderhoidonck who just came out of the pits. I realized I could even follow him on old tires. The car in front of us was also pretty close allready and I wanted to give it at try to see if I could get both of them. Was allready looking forward to some nice batteling. Then Vanderhoidoncks engine started to smoke really really bad right in front of me which was absolutely terrible. It was very dangerouse to drive behind him. Then Philipps and Svendsten came to lap us and he just even went on in front of them with his smoking car. Really ruined everything. After 2 laps smoking and giving me heartattack-situations he decided to let me through. But the car in front was gone of course which was a shame..

nevertheless I take out the positive of this race. Finishing in P14 wasn´t as bad after loosing the frontwing.
Let´s move on.

Andi

Don't complain so much Andreas. What you expect, i lowered my boost to 1 for spare my engine, thats the only reason why you could get closer, you want that i parked my car beside the track??? Thank god there are no rain races here, what you gonna do then with the visibility ??? And from the moment i get a blue flag m8, i step aside, not before and it's up to you to pass me. (with or without smoke!!!!!). Jeeezzzz

Ps. And i didnt let you trough, my engine blew up.

Congrats Pedro winning the championship

Marcel: It is not my job to give you the instruction how to start in fsr. It is the job of your team and team mates. So ask them what you did wrong.

We never prepared him for a pit lane start as he never had one. He said he got a bug which put him back to the pits (Which can happen sometimes in rF) We tested normal starts as always, I'll check the replay though.

PS:

Congrats Pedro! Very well done.

ah! I want to say a thing: I take a drivetrought 'cause blu flag, very wrong!! I was in the mix part of track, and the car was far from me. I would give way when he was more close to me. It has been a very unmotivated penalty.

Monza was the track and this happened.
Qualifying: well i started practicing few days ago since no time last week and was sick few days actually... so decided to not practice qualifying at all or well did 3 laps before sunday and thats why i did not shine on my weakest point witch is qualifying P19
Race: start was confusing had no where to go in straight but somehow found small hole where i went actually very deep, and some guys spinning etc i was 12th after first corners.
Then i noticed i was faster than TMo cars infront of me or other mightve be ghostspeed anyway i had some small fights and then Kjell-Einar made small mistake so i could overtook him and then tried to catch ben to have his slipstream and save engine but my pace was gone somewhere so i pretty much let Kjell back trough to hang on to him but made small mistake so i lost his slipstream too and few laps later found pace... but it was too late so i started to save engine.
soon got behind Mikael so i hang on to him with low boost to save engine but he pitted and since i had bit doubt in my engine from there on i tried to keep gap to him but also save engine... Bit later Alberto vent into gravel so i was able to get 5 seconds infront and from there on i just tried to manage gap to him and engine for last 15 laps or so.
And thats how i got 7th in Monza witch is so far my best result so im happy :cool: also congratulations to new champ Pedro!!

Don't complain so much Andreas. What you expect, i lowered my boost to 1 for spare my engine, thats the only reason why you could get closer, you want that i parked my car beside the track??? Thank god there are no rain races here, what you gonna do then with the visibility ??? And from the moment i get a blue flag m8, i step aside, not before and it's up to you to pass me. (with or without smoke!!!!!). Jeeezzzz

Ps. And i didnt let you trough, my engine blew up.

Don´t take that to personally please, it wasn´t meant as "complaining about you"! Allthough I think the option of parking your car would have been the right decission as with that engine a miracle would have happened if you made the distance but yes. As I said I didn´t want to offend you or say something that hurts your ego. At that time I had saved enough engine to run boost 7 so of course that is the cause why I was able to catch you on old tires. Really sorry, I am not the one who talks respectless about others skills. Therefore judging my skills is also something I am humble enough to do, so therefore I don´t care telling here that it was terrible for me to drive behind your smoke. Gave me a hard time. That´s all I said.
Hope everything is ok between us. Didn´t want to offend you.

Andi

Don´t take that to personally please, it wasn´t meant as "complaining about you"! Allthough I think the option of parking your car would have been the right decission as with that engine a miracle would have happened if you made the distance but yes. As I said I didn´t want to offend you or say something that hurts your ego. At that time I had saved enough engine to run boost 7 so of course that is the cause why I was able to catch you on old tires. Really sorry, I am not the one who talks respectless about others skills. Therefore judging my skills is also something I am humble enough to do, so therefore I don´t care telling here that it was terrible for me to drive behind your smoke. Gave me a hard time. That´s all I said.
Hope everything is ok between us. Didn´t want to offend you.

Andi

No problem Andreas, i surely understand your point. I wanted to bring the car at the finish, i reduced my boost to the minimum hoping that it was enough. and when i see that somebody is much faster than me at that moment, i don't make it to difficult to let him pass at Monza.
Don't take it personally too m8, i just defend my actions, thats all.
Cya at the next race.

I wouldnt worry about causing problems for a sim race mate, real life is much more important, I just hope your father is ok and was nothing too serious.

Regards,

Ben

Roaldo Racing Team

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back