Race #12, Belgium: Post-Race Discussion

Guys i've watched the replay of the start and the crash at the back was caused by 'Pashov' not moving at the start, he stayed stationary causing Van De Berlo and Gray to go into the back of him, Chris Knight then went into the back of Gray and Davakos managed to avoid it, unfortunatley he came across into my path and i hit the back of him.

The other accident was the ATR of Vince-something he span into Van De Linden but both got going from what i could see.

. I was chasing down Mo after passing Rob and in 5th lap i think i tried on the outside for Les Combes and left room on the inside but he went into me and spun which cost me almost 10 seconds.

well i just watched the replay. you didnt give me enough room im afraid. for both of us to be side by side, i would have had to turn in onto the kerb/grass. as it is i stuck to the inside on the tarmac and you just turned in too much. watch it from my onboard.

Quali was good. P2
Race started with Mallorqui going really early off the line and then braking just ahead of me after T1 which slowed me down and caused me to lose my P2 to Puschke. He's racepace wasn't as good as quali so it wasnt hard to take the position back. Next laps were calm. I was off Ben by about 2 seconds and Aalberts was constantly closing on me. After the pitstop I came out just behind Mallorqui and Selvarjah. Really agressive guys, I waited them to pit, but it wasn't happenening so I had to do something. Tried but got blocked each time. One lap Mo got stuck on the outside curb of the last corner and both me and Mallorqui got past. But then Mo tried something weird on me into the first corner hitting me into the side, causing me suspension damage and losing over 5 seconds. After that nonsence I had to start catching Mallorqui again. With him it was a nice battle, until I passed about 3-4 laps before the end of the race.
Congratz on the race win Mark.

Q1 was almost a total disaster. My 2 first flying laps they were very fast but i made 2 mistakes in them, on my 3rd and last lap it was terrible and was worried if i did not even finish a lap! But luckily it was still good enough for p10...

Q2 was a sloppy lap but was good enough for p7. I think looking at the results p2 or p3 was possible. But my race pace was the best for me so I was very excited.

Race got going the 3rd attempt. Made a good start, was being very cautious in turn 1 aas it got tight for about 3 of us 3 wide. I backed off and then placed into 7th. Lap 2 as someone went to pits for drive through. so was 6th. I then made a really good pass for 5th at the Bus Stop around the outside but then unfortunately lap 3 going into sector 2 Mark and someone were battling and mark went off and rejoined infront of me, I had no-where to go really and then lost my front wing and bent suspension. However went to pits and came out pretty much last and far behind. Was pretty quick and finished 10th in the end did 30 laps on mediums.

I think i was on for a podium here if the accident never happened but i can't get rid of the bad luck at the moment. I might come race again for SL later this year see how the schedule goes but one of these days i might get a clean race and finally tick off that fsr podium!!

OMG, 0 pit stops, that can't be right.

I had quite a good race today, it started bad though with Adam hitting me from behind when I was slowing down to not hit some guys infront as the start was a complite mess. I had wheel spin after my start but I couldn't do anything about it as there were drivers going to my direction to quickly and by reflex I just had to lift the throttle.

After that I was driving with suspension problem and a wheel turning 15 degreas. I was being overtaken by many drivers but after my pit stop that suspension problem was fixed (80% as I had gotten used to driving with it). After a few laps I was being hunted like an animal by a Silverline driver who's name I never sow. I think we were battling for like 6 to 10 laps and those laps feelt like 100 years. He tryed time after time to pass me but nada, at the end he got a very good slips stream back to Bus Stop but he never made the move on Bus Stop so I managed to finish ahead of him in 13th position.

First of all, my name is here from the beginning of the FSR.
Secondly, its not said, like animals, but says, was constantly pressured and tried to overtake me.
Third, I am 31 ​​years older than you and you should be nicer to you express.
And the fourth, from starting the car I have big damaged, so I did not want to take chances and that one of the two of us finished before the end. :thumb:

I have to apologize for Pashov's move. He had a problem with find his place on the grid and when he is looking around whats happen the lights started to glow to green and everything was to fast for his first race..

Q1. For my race and especially qual 1 did 2 fast laps and can not take the maximum from my car and was 7th or 8th at the end

Q2. Hoped to make good lap, but did some mistakes and finish at 6th place +0,6 from my best.

Race: I was choice to drive with mediums and 1 stop in the box. After 2 restarts, then we start and i did slow start unlike the previous times. In turn 1 everything changed and when i accelelarate was on 4 th place behind Ivar. Then we overtook very easy Pushke and then trying to make a gap between me and Mark who was behind me already. I want to apologize to Mark for our incident in lap 4, but i think it was race incident. In lap 5 i did stupid mistake, at turn Pouhon 10 exit to wide and step little oustide and spun with contact in the wall. Went to the pit and for my luck stay 9 sec to remove the damage. All my strategy going wrong becouse can not stay all 30 laps left to finish with mediums. After the pit i was fastest driver on the track and did some good laps to grow in the standing. I did not expecpect that there is to many drivers will decide to drive without pit-stop and for me 8th place was maximum after problems.

Yeah was racing incident can happen didnt saw replay back but im sure i was a wheel in front of you but well 2 wide trough the chicane there isnt the best option:wink: Luckily no big damage for both i think.

And another thing, did i picked a nice place to make a donut xD,.. the camera's couldnt see me.:thumbup:

Note to the commentator on psrtv

Guys - Mo is NOT short for ruddy Muhammed. I am not a muslim. Not everyone called Mo is short for muhammed.
It's short for Murali. Okay. Like the cricketer. Jesus christ. Please don't call me muhammed again, i feel sick.

Also what is up with the editing on these races??? Always cutting from the action, or action thats obviously about to happen, to someone pitting, or a leader who's on his own???

Guys - Mo is NOT short for ruddy Muhammed. I am not a muslim. Not everyone called Mo is short for muhammed.
It's short for Murali. Okay. Like the cricketer. Jesus christ. Please don't call me muhammed again, i feel sick.

Also what is up with the editing on these races??? Always cutting from the action, or action thats obviously about to happen, to someone pitting, or a leader who's on his own???

The commentator or Cam guy should be listening to each other, so the camera is looking at what the commentator is saying etc.

Unfortunately the Commentator can't see what the Broadcast Output is, so there are occasions where the commentator and the cameras are following different things. The camera operator can hear what the commentator is saying and will try to broadcast whatever the commentator talks about. So if the commentator misses something and moves on, then the cameras follow him :)

Lol agreed on the editing, i can remember doing some pretty sexy avoiding action when the Malorqui Kalamees little pack approached me to lap, i slowed way too much and selected the wrong gear going into La Source and ended up rolling down the straight backwards, i engaged reverse and practically drag-raced Malorqui who was braking while i went full throttle in reverse across the track into the run off.
Unfortunatley it wasnt on the broadcast as it cut off that battle before it got to me at the chicane on that very lap.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back