Race #11, Hungary: Post-Race Discussion

just looked at replay van der niet caused the whole bunching up the the parade lap then he hit georgios in the rear he didnt even brake..... and then he took out someone else in the same pileup and caused a lot of damage.

also it looks like he wasnt on his grid space as he moves backwards into it after sitting there for ages. myself and about 4 other cars overheated

Whoa that was a difficult race. Going into this race, I lacked testing cause of exams. I had about 15 hours to really test for this race, so I wasn't really expecting much.

Q1 manage to set my pb on my last run, got into top 10.
Q2 I didn't do a perfect lap but was good enough for 5th on the grid, much better than I hoped for.

Race.
Lined up on the grid for a pretty long time, watching the temps rise was not fun lol. As the race got underway, I got a pretty bad start. Going into T1, I saw a gap and went for it, but the tyres were cold and there was no traction so I was slow to exit the corner. Couple of cars took advantage of that and got on the inside of me for T2. I made things worse by running too wide and dropped even more places. Next corner, lost even more places and I got tapped bit by Alberts and almost lost it. Not really his fault, the cars ahead slowed so I had to do so too. I was down in 10-11 place.

Few laps gone by and already there were backmarkers and it was very difficult getting tru them. I got delayed badly a few times and lost 2-3 positions and got ran off the road once too. Was very difficult trying to get through. Note to the new guys, pick a side and stay on it until it's clear. Also please don't slow down mid corner. I had a collision with Petar. (Sorry dude, there was a bit of lag, the cars just disappeared and reappeared. I did yield the position in the following corner)

By now the engine was wearing too much and I had to back off and limit the boost. The race was pretty boring and lonely till 1 point I had a very brief battle with Linden. He got pass me no problems and I couldn't do anymore as my engine life was at a very low level. With 15 laps remaining, minimum boost and cruise to the line. Intentionally got lapped by Tusting in the end so I didn't have to finish the last lap. Ended with only 1.3% of engine left.

Oh and my pitstop was a disaster. Caught me off guard that I had the first box entering the pits.. Overshot it...

Overall, difficult race, but 8th wasn't too bad despite very limited testing.

e64848.gif

hello i am danny van der niet alias esavilonso

i want too apologize everybody who i hit or block
i tried too do and i was very nervous al goes wrong by the start sorry

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back