RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Yeah, i got couple of shunts but i really didn't care.. In the first race in those chicanes got pushed, got the apologies and all forgotten. Then at lap2 i messed it up myself.. Lost front aero but got tremendous straightline speed.. Could pull away even with a car in full tow, lol, it was funny to catch Paul at the end of straights, then trying to keep him behind in the slow last/first part of track.. Good fun.

Race 2 was more simpler racing, Got good start, climbed from 11th to 7th, then surprising oversteer (forgot i had no splitter in race1, lol...) caught me in the first lap, got pushed too but fortunately did full 360 so it didn't harm much. Good fun passing and the battling back to 6th-7th? place.

Good event; very hard to drive clean with others so close especially if there are massive differences in top speeds and cornnering speeds.

I should have tried some more stuff in practice, as I defintaly had too much wing on my car today; I lowered it by 1 click for the second race and it was already a bit faster ;(
I thought well I'm slower on some parts because my lines were bad, but later I realized I could have been closer throughout ;( Well s*** happens^^

r1: Coming from a p2 on the grid I had a very good start and got to the lead,which I just lost on lap 5 since I was hoplessly slower on the straigths + a bit too slow throughout the entire lap.

r2: I knew I had zero chance here with my topspeed coming from p7^^
The car had a better potential now due to the setup change, but of course the grid was very close and there was some stuff to avoid also.

On the second half of the race I tried to overtake Dmytry pretty much the entire time. He could drive away from me on the straights like I was not using my throttle pedal^^ Consequently I could have driven through him + far beyond on every single corner :p

Since there was simply no space on the track on most of the places where I was much faster, I had to avoid hitting him throughout many many places.
Unfortunatly on lap6 I got his rear hard on a long turn on sector 3; I had never expected that massive difference in entry speed there ;( I'm very sorry Dmytry :oops:

The good thing was, he could continue and after letting him pass again I finally caught him on the last lap.

-> Q: 2nd / R1: 2nd / R2: 2nd

Good event, I was not so happy with myself, but still good fun :)

cya guys next time ; and pls take your incident stuff into incidentreports and not into generalizations on the forum, thanks

Don't worry about it, mistakes happen, and everyone here knows that. :) We weren't racing for money or championship points, so no harm done. And I think I can safely say we'd all like to see you on track with us again. As we all have to start somewhere. :)

I'm looking at the replay right now, and you appear to have stopped behind the white lines, outside the edge of the track. It's safe to say you weren't cutting the corner, so I think there's no one who holds you responsible. As the traffic should be between the white lines. :)

The thing is I stopped somewhere random just to wait for the guy I hit, and when the other hit me I realized I was right at the exit of the chicane and very close to the normal trajectory, because I didn't even thought if I was stopping safely. Glad my sense of orientation took me out of the lanes, even though there was a crash. Next time I'll try not to mess again :(

Like I said, mistakes happen, don't worry about it Francisco. We all make them sometimes. Besides, I think it says great things about you that it bothers you so much. So I'd love to see you on track again. :)

I ran with 1/5 wings in the races, which I thought worked okay. I practiced with 1/4 a lot, but I added 1 click in the race for stability and consistency. I think there's still something I've overlooked though, as that, and tall gearing, and there was still plenty more speed to be had. Since the guys in front had it. :p

Thanks for the support Dillon, it's a pleasure to race with you guys and I will play in every race my life allows to.

About the race, well, my qualify was divided in two parts: first one with rear wing at 12 and I made an horrible time. Then I went to pits, and set rear wing to 6. Made almost less 2 seconds. And it was how I used it in race.

Well, my first race with you guys here in RD couldn't be worse... First race I got the air cone of someone and I couldn't brake more and I hit him in the first chicane... I got myself in the track and waited for him, but another mistake, I waited in a bad track position, and someone crashed onto me... I'm so sorry guys, I can't forgive myself :(

In the second race I was in a good position but I exit a corner to much wide and hit something invisible, end of race for me. Good point: I didn't mess anyone's race :(

1st race was me, both times.

Had a good race 2nd race, started last as DNF 1st race, finished 8th.

Cheers guys.

PS. Dont worry bout the mistakes, s**t happens. :)

You had your duct at 1? I didn't dare take mine lower than 3, for fear of cooking my brakes. And even then, my fronts reached about 550-600c on the Mulsanne corner. Did you not run into overheating problems, Kennett? :confused:

Nah, just needed to brake a bit earlier with full pressure and then push throttle a bit more at the end of braking. I would not chose any other way, possibly not the fastest but passing in the straights and defending thru corners was my tactic.. I would've gladly taken even more aero off, the race1 without front aero was an eyeopener.. Braking brakes is practically impossible in Race, try to break them.. It requires a minute or two with full throttle, spin until tires burst and then floor it with brakes on.. Temps go over 3000 easily before you've lost even 1% of brakepads..

Clean racing? none existent clean racing, fun? could have been, from quali to race bish bash boshed and stupid manoeuvres from re-entrants from off track wasteful complaints and more to be said so..

Keep watching.
Half the problems you had in R1 didn't involve another car, and the majority of the ones which did happened in the first lap. There's always trouble in the first lap, especially with this many people starting. It's a roll of the dice as for who gets through, and tonight, you just got unlucky. :)

I think this may also be a problem. Although it's a Poker term, I find it applies in racing aswell.

Well I used duct at 2 because I realized that in the straights there was plenty of time for them to cool a lot :rolleyes:
Good thinking :p

There's always trouble in the first lap, especially with this many people starting. It's a roll of the dice as for who gets through, and tonight, you just got unlucky. :)
I think this may also be a problem. Although it's a Poker term, I find it applies in racing aswell.

If there's ever a case of talking utter shiate its that quote my complaints are not from first laps, videos to come and name shames to come, take a look at the replay seems you haven't, you sticking up for mates or?

Accidents happen. But cutting corners (goes by so far unnoticed here at RD), ramming because your just faster and not racing!/ waiting to fly by! , stupidly pulling onto the track, carelessly trying to overtake and not give room on stupendous corners..

And you claim Tilt, provocative indeed aren't you? certain things need to change with this claim of clean racing and that includes your deluded or coherent mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes