RACE 07 dedicated server

Myself and a lot of guys in SOUTH AFRICA have bought the RACE07 game and it seems as if we have a problem with creating a dedicated LOCAL server.Can anyone tell me how to create a dedicated server and how exactly to do it.We are all rFactor players and dont seem to have problems with rFactor.It will be a real pity if we cannot do this as we have a great online racing community in SA.

Looking forward to your helpful comments

Thanks

RAIDER MCCOLL

Well we would like to run it from our SARL (south african Racing League) server or even myself and e few guys in a team wanting to practice.Can we for example launch for our team ....say from my house and we all join.
I can launch but get the 5000 ping thing and also cant join my own server

Well we would like to run it from our SARL (south african Racing League) server or even myself and e few guys in a team wanting to practice.Can we for example launch for our team ....say from my house and we all join.
I can launch but get the 5000 ping thing and also cant join my own server

Yep you need to open certain ports to host it from your own machine. If you run it from a dedi server:

1. login on your main panel
  2. install steam: www.steampowered.com
  3. provide steam your username and password and download race 07
  4. lauch the RACE 07 dedicated server .exe

i use MSN or even skype if anyone can help using a mic

Is line 2 and 3 seperate from the normal steam setup when installing the game cause i do launch my online game from steam as i should
or is the your 4 lines you gave a whole new setup altogether

Q: What ports is needed to host RACE on the internet?
A: TCP+UDP 48942 – 48957 and UDP 26900-26907

Q: I am on a firewall protected LAN network and want to a RACE server for other users of the same LAN network, what ports do I need to open?
A: TCP+UDP 48942 - 48957 and UDP 48958-48973

morgisto you need to forward the steam ports too they are not listed in the manual
that will fix that 5000 pin prob
i dont have them to hand but via google you should find them easy

not sure about a server rag all ports should be forwarded by default but not sure on this

Yeah Bram you beat me to it ...... I just been reading up about this and realised that because the whole Race 07 goes through steam the steam ports prolly have to be forwarded.
Well thanks anyway off to bed now will carry on with my DS tomorrow

One other thing that may be needed is to add the application, (Race_Steam.exe) to the trigger list. If you need to do this, then the following ports should be listed as trigger ports:
TCP & UDP - 48942-48957
UDP - 26900-26907

Well Gearjammer i am quiet fluent when it comes to my PC and i can forward the ports and so on but must be honest that you may just be becoming a little technical for me ....but be that as it may lemme see how far i get with all the help so far ....Im sure we will get it working sooner or later THX

Rob McColl

• SniperZA

The ports aren't the issue, unfortunately - the issue is that we only have FTP access to our server here in SA so we can't start it as there's no way to advance through the various screens.

Chris (SARL Admin)

The ports aren't the issue, unfortunately - the issue is that we only have FTP access to our server here in SA so we can't start it as there's no way to advance through the various screens.

Chris (SARL Admin)

Then unfortunately, I won't be able to help out, but there may be someone here that can offer scripts to start the server, or may have advice as to what to have the server admin do to get the game up and running.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back