RACE 07 dedicated server

Myself and a lot of guys in SOUTH AFRICA have bought the RACE07 game and it seems as if we have a problem with creating a dedicated LOCAL server.Can anyone tell me how to create a dedicated server and how exactly to do it.We are all rFactor players and dont seem to have problems with rFactor.It will be a real pity if we cannot do this as we have a great online racing community in SA.

Looking forward to your helpful comments

Thanks

RAIDER MCCOLL

Yeah Bram Chris is the right guy to get on with here in SA ..... He is actually our admin and main organiser on our SARL servers so hope we can get something going even if its on your servers

Rob McColl

On our servers will be impossible because they are fully booked 24/7. Our RACE 07 leagues are about to begin.

But i am sure i can be of some meaning for you guys if you want. Let me know

Well most of us have registered to race in the Race07 leagues .....I would assume its the same league you are talking about ...... We are in teams so that why i was investigating the DS issue so we as teams could get our own little practice going in preparation for the upcoming races

Rob McColl

P.S how could you help ....in what way ?

Sorry for sounding dumb or inquisitive but would Chris be meaning that our main SARL server only has FTP access cause then what stops someone else from getting a server up for team practice or is the whole of SA sitting with the FTP issue? Actually i should be asking Chris ...i imagine you guys wont know ....

Rob McColl

One more question would the League you are talking about be the RSC league which has about 200 drivers already registered.If so please direct me to someone to do with that league as i have something i need to change and dunno who to contact

Rob McColl

• SniperZA

Hehe, Rob, the server starting issue is only for a server at SGS (a free game hosting service run by our main SA Telecoms provider) - we don't have anything more than FTP access because the servers sit on the main SA backbone and it could be open to abuse if we had remote desktop access.

As far as hosting practice sessions goes I intend on doing just that for the upcoming RSC WTCC season - unfortunately hosting over our local ADSL lines is quite limiting (my line starts taking strain with 6 guys on it), but it's enough for a bit of practice

The good news is that the netcode in Race 07 is so good the racing on the RSC servers is as good as racing rFactor on the SGS server in SA :)

Chris

Edit: Pings to the RSC server are in the 200-300 range, good enough to race Race 07 without problems - wouldn't be able to run GTR2 at those pings though.

We are working on lowering the pings for the southern hemisphere. Since january there is a drop in the pings at our servers for mainly the Australians. Hopefully we can provide even better service and servers in the future

Hey Bram just came across this thread which i started over a year ago and had to give up due to lack of assitance from our side here in SA but any way Craig has finally got it all going for us so we are back ....LOL Just need to get accepted in the Club Arena so i can spend more time helping Craig from our side .........Im getting there 33 post and counting ...only need the 3 weeks to make up my tally

Rob McColl

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back