R8LMS handling

Is there some 'unspoken' law written somewhere that Audi' R8LMS has to handle like sh*t in every racing title on the market?
While certainly manageable, every one I have ever driven out of a pit stall in simracing has exhibited horrendous braking... an absolute lack of steering authority, with the car almost unable to complete a turn-in even at ridiculously low speeds.
Christ! if I spent that much money for a car and it exhibited those traits, I hand it back..

Maybe it is me.
I grew up with a preference for over-steer if the car couldn't be balanced.
The Audi just seems to under-steer everywhere and at speeds I would not expect a 'super-car' to do it at.
It's not unique to AC.
Maybe I'm expecting too much.

Personally, i don't like it. I tried it recently and i simply couldn't do more than 2 laps without puking, but i like the ferrari gt3 and it's immense understeer, so what do i know... If i had to choose the easiest gt3 i'd go for the bmw or the old mclaren.

The car on that video is some ancient ripped mod, not the Kunos car.

Maybe you should clearly state exactly which car you are talking about. You know, to avoid confusion and misunderstanding

Last edited:
Personally, i don't like it. I tried it recently and i simply couldn't do more than 2 laps without puking, but i like the ferrari gt3 and it's immense understeer, so what do i know... If i had to choose the easiest gt3 i'd go for the bmw or the old mclaren.
I absolutely love the Z4 GT3 and the 458 GT2.
There is absolutely no comparison to either of those cars on Mugello.

The car on that video is some ancient ripped mod, not the Kunos car.

Maybe you should clearly state exactly which car you are talking about. You know, to avoid confusion and misunderstanding

Am i missing something, is it rip off or not, i would not be able to tell.

But it is an "important" point after all.:thumbsdown:

If i had to choose the easiest gt3 i'd go for the bmw or the old mclaren
Personaly I can agree to the BMW but the MP-4 really gave me headages. I had to fight massive lift-off oversteer and plain oversteer in fast turns as soon as I had to lower the wings, which is usually needed (IMO) on tracks like Spa, Mugello. Got it managed recently but took me a lot of setup work.

I actually don't really understand the OP's point. And I'm really not looking to be contrary. I find the R8 GT3 car very balanced and predictable. I actually don't use it that much cos I find it a bit uninteresting, not much character.
Of course, this is just my opinion - I won't be surprised to find others think totally differently on this.

OP, if we are talking about KS' car (not the 2016), try the attached setup (just integrated the tire pressure recommendation). I think it's great now. Not just fast but also sounds good and is fun.

Speaking of 2016 or not, is the R8 LMS without year in the name supposed to be the 2015 or 2017?

Attachments

• 201801dev3.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 154

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play