R8LMS handling

Is there some 'unspoken' law written somewhere that Audi' R8LMS has to handle like sh*t in every racing title on the market?
While certainly manageable, every one I have ever driven out of a pit stall in simracing has exhibited horrendous braking... an absolute lack of steering authority, with the car almost unable to complete a turn-in even at ridiculously low speeds.
Christ! if I spent that much money for a car and it exhibited those traits, I hand it back..

OP, if we are talking about KS' car (not the 2016), try the attached setup (just integrated the tire pressure recommendation). I think it's great now. Not just fast but also sounds good and is fun.

Speaking of 2016 or not, is the R8 LMS without year in the name supposed to be the 2015 or 2017?
Thanks for the setup dud.
I'd been trying for some time to reduce under-steer, starting with the default profile and lowering the front tire pressures...it didn't change. obviously, they're other setting that can be done to induce oversteer....that was just the first step.
What eventually worked was raising the rear pressures above the default ones.
It should have given the same result, but for some crazy, unknown reason, it did not.
Just that one setting, made a night/day difference.

Last edited:
I found it odd that the thing was zooming around with 0 (front) and 2 (rear) fast bump. Combined with the stiff roll bar in the front that is bound to make the front tires lose contact on every opportunity. At that point steering becomes more of a guideline than a control... There was also too much camber in the front for such a stiff setup. Maybe good for tires, but with this car I have seen more problems with tires cooling down too easily. At some point too much camber means loss of contact patch.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back