Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is with Tim, he is way too fast for me even on default setup. I think he just keep cliking the buttons up and down, and when he start to see the future in the numbers, he just stops and share his setup :D
I tried most of his setups, and i can't even get close to his times (probably he is posting fake setups to slow down everyone else :D )

The thing is with Tim, he is way too fast for me even on default setup. I think he just keep cliking the buttons up and down, and when he start to see the future in the numbers, he just stops and share his setup :D
I tried most of his setups, and i can't even get close to his times (probably he is posting fake setups to slow down everyone else :D )

I wondered if my setups actually made me faster before because I can come close to my PB's with the default setups. I guess what it comes down to is my setups give me some predictability for the way I drive. It really is very personal, and I'm starting to realize my setups really don't help many :redface:

However, I feel this setup for the Camaro is a real improvement from default. I couldn't totally get rid of the understeer and I had to adjust my driving style...brake a little deeper, and turn in a lot sooner, for example, but I thought more ppl would like this setup. but maybe not. either way, its cool :cool:

oh and that decoy setup idea sounds like a delightfully evil plan :sneaky: might have to use it come league time :laugh:

Last edited:
This setup isn't that different then default. I'm sorry, i haven't found a magic setup, but I find I can be consistent with this one. if you don't like it, you can still start your own setup using my gears, brake or diff settings and go from there.

I have a 2.10.0xx with this setup but I average in the high 2.10's/low 2.11's. so this leaderboard time, like a few of my others, is a lucky lap. somewhere in that lap I messed up and saved it and managed to be faster.

You'll notice the brake balance is 55/45. I use that going up the mountain. When I get to the top, I change it to 60/40 for going downhill. Then back to 55/45 after turn 1. If you don't want to change on the fly, I suggest somewhere in between(57/43 maybe). the steering range/lock is 540/22.

RRRE 2015-04-06 17-29-48-09.jpg

Attachments

• BMW M3 Sport Evolution.svm
    7.1 KB · Views: 400
badass driving mate as well as badass cutting turn 10 ;).
you can avoid that and stay on the throttle when you use the outer curbs after turn 9 to turn your car into turn 10... works pretty well but needs some practice and of course some balls :).
it even might be quicker as you will have a better corner out speed for the downhill straight.

You're, surprisingly, the 1st one to mention this. I thought i was gonna be crucified when I posted it. I'm not proud of that and I will make it right. This is the 1st setup I posted and it was the 1st time I felt like I discovered a good setup. I wanted to get it out there, but I wanted to be honest about how I got my time. Always meant to return and beat that lap, but I kept putting it off cuz I thought nobody cared.

You're, surprisingly, the 1st one to mention this. I thought i was gonna be crucified when I posted it. I'm not proud of that and I will make it right. This is the 1st setup I posted and it was the 1st time I felt like I discovered a good setup. I wanted to get it out there, but I wanted to be honest about how I got my time. Always meant to return and beat that lap, but I kept putting it off cuz I thought nobody cared.
I care, so fix it, lol. This is why I will never race Tim on this track, specially in the DTM92 cars, me and the Mercedes dont stand a chance :(

Chasing your ghost all day, I noticed that you were using default gears on your #1 ranked lap. So I switched to default gears, but other than that I used your above setup. It's helping a lot! I did change the diff power from 30 to 50 to try and help me catch up to you going uphill, but it wasn't enough - you're a beast going uphill!
[video]

I care, so fix it, lol. This is why I will never race Tim on this track, specially in the DTM92 cars, me and the Mercedes dont stand a chance :(
I tried to fix it, but I made it worse :redface: got down to 1.23.314 but I cut the corner again. Idiot! I shouldn't have finished that lap. Now I need a 1.23.2 to make it right. I vow to fix it.

Thank you, James, for allowing me to have this car and track. You can have the rest...oh wait, you already do :)

Edit: I tweaked the setup and got a new time. see OP for video and setup. I hope this meets your standards, Mr Nance :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 167 67.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 111 44.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 117 47.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 69 27.7%
Back