Status
Not open for further replies.
maxel already has a setup for this here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ford-mustang-dtm92-norisring.98884/

I have tried it, and i like it a lot. it is easier to accelerate out of the corners, and more stable then my setup. I did a respectable 53.2xx with maxel's setup. but I couldn't match 52.7xx(my setup). my setup seems quicker, but its harder to drive.

I think maxel's setup would be good for racing MP. it is easier to be consistent. one suggestion, tho...use my gears(forget about 5th).

DTM92 Mustang@ Norisring.jpg

Attachments

• Ford Mustang GT DTM.svm
    7 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:
This car and setup surprised me. I hadn't tried this car/track combo until yesterday. I had always run the BMW M3 on this track. Using the BMW, it took me a long time to get a time of 2.10.095, and I find it hard to get close to that time. but in the Mustang, I quickly reached 2.10.005, and have been running 1/2 sec a lap quicker on average. As usual tho, my Mustang setup is a little loose.

I feel like I can drop more time in the Mustang. Opposed to the BMW, where I feel like I'm at my limit.
DTM 92 Ford Mustang @ Bathurst.jpg

Attachments

• Ford Mustang GT DTM.svm
    7 KB · Views: 406
Thank you my racing brother.

The Mustang obviously has better acceleration then the other DTM 92 cars, and I try to exploit that constantly, but it also brakes well at high speeds. I've been trying to push my braking points closer to the corners, and I have found that the Mustang slows down really well from high speed to medium speed. at high speed, you can really mash on the brakes and they won't lock up. from medium speed to slow speed, you have to be more sensitive.

I think the Mustang isn't that much better in acceleration than other cars. Drove it yesterday and followed a BMW on RBR but till around 160km/h I can't see a an decent advantage. Okay, my toe, camber and Diff. settings are different. For me the mustang understeering to much but the car is quite stable, what is positive. Generally, if you see the race results from this 92' season, the Opel and Mustangs are maybe to strong and Mercedes Evo to slow. But we'll never know the real potential when drivers like Ludwig or Stuck had droven it. ;-)

yeah, it's not that much better then the others. it shifts so slow and has a narrow power band. from a standing start, it's probably the slowest. but, I would say the advantage starts at about 100km/h. but that depends on gear ratios too. with my gearing, I shift less, and hold the peak hp/torque rpm range longer. It's a noticeable advantage compared to default gears.

Last edited:
Does anyone have setups for that competition? The track is Portimao and car BMW M3 GT2. I just started this game and trying to get into top-50 but I'm quite bad with setups so it would be nice to get some "faster" setup for the start.

E: Oops, now it's the right car in my post. For some reason I though it was Z4 when I was writing :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 72 68.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • Standard game content