Status
Not open for further replies.
Noob here.
Looking for the best setup too. I'm currently using the Default settings for this car/track combo. Then, I shorten the gearing. So far, 1:26:187 best time for me.
Can't post the youtube link. Keeps showing up as video.

Last edited:
Hello.
In this sim.....

I used the default setups for the 2013 DTM cars on the Red Bull Ring
Then I lowered the gearing 1 notch (which I know nothing about) for this track.

My best times
Audi 1:26.446
Mercedes 1:26.001
BMW 1:26.597

I seemed to have hit a wall for laptimes.

Audi
Feels top heavy, has lots of weight transfer, feels powerful. It understeers everywhere.
You can feel the weight transfer when you brake, turn, or accelerate. So alot of stomping on the brakes to get the weight to transfer to front for grip. I spent, by far, the most time in this car. Best brakes.

Mercedes
This thing is a dream! Very forgiving. Corners flat, very little weight transfer, handles really well, but feels down on power. tends to 4 wheel drift in fast corners, predictable and easily controllable.
Sounds strange, but hardest to drive fast.

BMW
Hardest for me to drive overall. Understeers and oversteers in the same corner, deceptively powerful. More towards the Audi in terms of weight transfer. But in between the other 2 cars. I don't like this car at all.

Is it even possible to get the other 2 cars to handle like the Merc with the suspension tuning?
Do you setup according to your driving style?
Do you adjust to the car's handling and then fine tune it?
Do adjustments make a HUGE difference?
Do I even bother?

It seems like a really long drawn out process to adjust - test, adjust - test..... and the game has crashed so often - and forgets the settings.

Any help would be appreciated.

For me its about the same. Driving the Audi feels best, smoothest. Bmw is harder to drive but gives me better laptimes.
Mercedes gives me the worst feeling to drive.
Setting the cars up with same settings does not give me same feeling and handling, which is good and how it should be?

I don´t think that there´s that much potential for improvements in this class. Due to cost reductions they all have the same transmission-system, suspensions, breaks, tyres, rear wings, electronics and so on. Only engines and chassis are from the different manufacturers within the same performance range.

I watched the race on Saturday at Hockenheimring and in the qualifying the hole field was driving between 1:33 and 1:34 min. During the DTM-Challenge in R3E you find every car in the Top 10 field even one, two seconds faster than the real ones.

A setup should be more related to the track than the car and the most differences in lap times will do IMHO the rear wing setting. Some defaults aren´t sufficient for the tracks.

Thanks Leynad777 for reminding me.
I had been messing with the setups trying to get the car to feel a certain way, rather than to get faster laptimes for the track.

I see some laptimes 2 or more seconds faster than my times. I tried another driver's settings that set really low laptimes and I couldn't even keep the car on the track with those settings.

Obviously, it's my driving that is the problem.

downhill there is more weightshift to the front under braking, therefore more grip on the front tyres and less on the rear tyres, therefore braking balance more to the front is indeed logic. More braking force to the rear would lock them up easier, cause braking forces would exceed grip levels of rear tyres......

Attachments

• 2015-06-30 2255 0002.jpg
    2015-06-30 2255 0002.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 642
I am currently staying with family across town (long story please don't ask), and have come from console racing most recently the closest to sim racing on XBOX One being Project Cars.

Now i noticed 2013 & 14 both have a twitchy nose down the straights, also noticed the car likes to veer right first off could that be down to my XB1 controller being FUBAR or is it to do with the tuning setup. I did tweak to a negative camber (at least on 2013 models, i only picked up 2014 earlier today).
Also noted both MP lobby's are dead which was quite disappointing, but then i found the forum and i see there is indeed some MP action for these games (will be looking to go pro) asap.

Anyways back to the topic ....

Any car setups (Tuning) wheel set ups welcome ill be heading back over home to pick up my Thrustmaster TX 458 to which ill be auto clutching with manual paddle shift gearing.

Thanks in advance to any and all :-D

Surprised to see this hasn't been posted here. Works across all rear wheel drive cars, just follow the few instructions.

Nice one, will give that a go asap been looking for a good base setup. Seems no matter how i tried to handle a tune myself nothing seemed to give me that edge quite like it should, so here's hoping this will give me that starting point at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 174 66.9%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 114 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 121 46.5%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 45 17.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 71 27.3%
Back