Status
Not open for further replies.
With the 2014 editon of DTM-E, my first laps @Hockenheim with Ekstrom Audi.
Setup in file and video on my youtube-channel.

rsz_hockenheim_audi_setup.png

Youtube link

Thanks for sharing.
In real life, front set up wouldn't work: very stiff springs mixed with soft shock absorbers settings.
=> Suspension ensured by springs only = erratic handling.
So, if this set up is efficient, and it looks to be (even if I didn't test it), it means set up model or at least calibration of the different elements is not realistic at all.

By the way, any difference between Audi, BMW and Mercedes?
As far as I remember (but maybe I'm worng) the 3 models had same physics in DTM 13 and I thought it was the same with DTM14

I'm looking for a (good of course;)) set up for Hungaroring or any gentle fast driver to test my set-up
I'm in 1'40"9 after 20 laps, 4'' from the best... yes I'm slow. I assume I can reach the 1'40 easily but after that it will become hard to improve.
I would be very interested to know how many seconds are in the set up and how many are between wheel and seat.

Edit: 1'40"2 in few laps after slight changes on set-up en reduced steering ration to 20.
Still far from the best.

My set up (so far):
Aero:
front: 3
Rear: 18

Anti-roll bar:
Front: 77
Rear: 18

Front Suspension:
Toe in: 0
Bump: 8
Rebund: 6
Spring: no change
Camber: no change
Height: 7.3

Rear Suspension:
Toe in: 5
Bump: 8
Rebund: 6
Spring: no change
Camber: no change
Height: 8.7

Brakes: 100% - 57%-43%
Gear box: standard
Differential: no change (I know there is always improvement room behind good differerential adjustment but I work on it yet)

Last edited:
Dunno much about setups, but this feels good tot handel at leasr for me.
2014 cars gives me beter times than the 2013 cars.
Values for some different settings are different than in the 2013 edition.
Tried the BMW first, but times were nog that good compared tot the Audi. Have not tested the Mercedes car yet.
Thx for your feedback.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back