R3E: New Nordschleife Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
nords 4.jpg

Sector3 Studios have released a mouthwatering batch of fresh in game preview images of the mighty Nurburgring-Nordschleife circuit in Germany. The behemoth legend is currently under development and due to be released for RaceRoom Racing Experience in the new year.

Utilising Laser Scanning technology, Sector3 look like they have been very busy in recent weeks bringing the same level of attention to detail to this immense 14 mile monster as they have lavished on previous releases for the title, ensuring this track is bound to be a favourite among fans on its release.

Still with no official release date announced, these latest images make it difficult to imagine roll out to the general public is very far away at all. There's not really much more that needs to be said as a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's four more pictures.

nords 3.jpg nords 5.jpg nords1.jpg nords2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe. To me it's the other way around... Given my own experience in real life and with sims, i think, with the right car, it is the MOST realistic of them all, in the way the dynamics work. Try the new TT's... They are the most realistically handling cars i've seen in ANY sim. To me AC as well as PCars feels like a mix of Gran Turismo 5 and some earlier titles (GTR mostly) in respect to vehicle dynamics. rFactor2 is really good as well, though. But that is a lot less "dynamic" than RRE, it feels a bit stiff. RealRoad is still excellent however.

So where do you come from on the realism opinion? Just curious on that as i obviously disagree...

As for the cars we have, they are excellent as you say, but for me... i NEED those touring Sierras (the famed Group A Sierras) for the classics. If that sound can be sampled in high def, i will play forever :)

Honestly the new physics feel great to me so I agree with you there.. But the older physics cars feel too floaty in comparison. And although thats more FFb than actual physics, it takes away from the realism. For me at least. It varies from car to car though. Either way i cant wait to toss these cars around the ring. New or old physics.

we are already have lasers for iracing and AC and you guys expecting something special with it? Forget it, it will be simply laserscan of nord, end of story.))

What a confusing statement. What better is there than a laser scan of the Nords? Who cares if some other groups have already done it? Are you suggesting they A) shouldn't include the Nords, or 2) shouldn't do a laser scanned version of it? Both options are nonsense. R3E provides a completely different experience than any other sim, and for some of us the thought of enjoying that unique experience around the most epic track in the world will be something quite special and nothing like what you get in iRacing or AC. That's not to say it will be better or worse than other versions, just different and unique. End of story.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back