R3E: New Nordschleife Previews

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
nords 4.jpg

Sector3 Studios have released a mouthwatering batch of fresh in game preview images of the mighty Nurburgring-Nordschleife circuit in Germany. The behemoth legend is currently under development and due to be released for RaceRoom Racing Experience in the new year.

Utilising Laser Scanning technology, Sector3 look like they have been very busy in recent weeks bringing the same level of attention to detail to this immense 14 mile monster as they have lavished on previous releases for the title, ensuring this track is bound to be a favourite among fans on its release.

Still with no official release date announced, these latest images make it difficult to imagine roll out to the general public is very far away at all. There's not really much more that needs to be said as a picture is worth a thousand words, so here's four more pictures.

nords 3.jpg nords 5.jpg nords1.jpg nords2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I for one cant wait for this track. There is a certain joy I get from drivng cars in r3e. Its certainly not the most realistic of all the sims, but the immersion you get when driving is 2nd to none. And this track will be fantastic paired with the car lineup we have.. Cant wait..

Hehe. To me it's the other way around... Given my own experience in real life and with sims, i think, with the right car, it is the MOST realistic of them all, in the way the dynamics work. Try the new TT's... They are the most realistically handling cars i've seen in ANY sim. To me AC as well as PCars feels like a mix of Gran Turismo 5 and some earlier titles (GTR mostly) in respect to vehicle dynamics. rFactor2 is really good as well, though. But that is a lot less "dynamic" than RRE, it feels a bit stiff. RealRoad is still excellent however.

So where do you come from on the realism opinion? Just curious on that as i obviously disagree...

As for the cars we have, they are excellent as you say, but for me... i NEED those touring Sierras (the famed Group A Sierras) for the classics. If that sound can be sampled in high def, i will play forever :)

it will be simply laserscan of nord, end of story

nothing special really, just another laser scanned nords for another racing game

Dudes, that's like the most awesome thing any game developer could do, ever!

I understand Nords is a bit Marmite for some, I for one didn't actually like it that much until recently (sorry :unsure:) but after putting in a load of practice for a 24 hour race I planned to enter, and thus getting to know it on a much more intimate level than I ever have in the past, its shown itself to me in a light I could never have understood before... to live in an age where this track can be laserscanned and brought to life in a variety of sims is to me, fantastic.

R3E does some things better, some things worse and some things just different than the other sims who already have Nords, and having an opportunity to enjoy those differences on a track that speaks to me like this one is simply great, great news for me and I'm sure countless others.

Now upon its release if Mr. @Kenny Paton would be so kind as to setup some open test days with all cars in his R3E Racing Club.... well that would be bloomin' marvelous!

So yeah, in my opinion its pretty exciting :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 186 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 188 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 138 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 245 13.5%