Question For RFactor (and GTL, GTR/GTR2, R07, AMS, etc.) car modders/creators

How do you change the point in 3D space where the camera for each car in cockpit view is located? I believe it's either:
Eyepoint=(x.xx, x.xx, x.xx)
CameraTarget=(x.xxx, x.xxx, x.xxx)

However, how do content creators/modders get these numbers? Surely there's some sort of 3D program where we can see each particular car in 3D and then move around the eye/dot/view in 3D space while telling us it's coordinates.

I want to make sure all my cars have their eye (ie. dot, view, seat) located exactly in-between where the virtual driver's eyes are. I feel like many games, and many cars, have unrealistic default seating (ie. eye, view) positions - often too high and/or either too close or too far.

I want the default 0,0 view point for every car to be exactly where the driver's eyes are in 3D space (x, y, z coordinates).

P.S. I've been saying for around 15 years that racing sims should have a 3D view of each car in the view settings and allow us to drag around a dot so we can position exactly where we want the view/seat/eye located. Funny, I just noticed this is actually available in Assetto Corsa.

Last edited:
It is eyepoint. I'm no modder but I do adjust the eyepoint for every car. Unfortunately it is a painfully process of adjusting and testing in game. I presume you could use 3DSimEd to achieve what you are describing. I can load a car in the software but I'm very bad at it and have no idea how you would show the eyepoint.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back