Question For RFactor (and GTL, GTR/GTR2, R07, AMS, etc.) car modders/creators

How do you change the point in 3D space where the camera for each car in cockpit view is located? I believe it's either:
Eyepoint=(x.xx, x.xx, x.xx)
CameraTarget=(x.xxx, x.xxx, x.xxx)

However, how do content creators/modders get these numbers? Surely there's some sort of 3D program where we can see each particular car in 3D and then move around the eye/dot/view in 3D space while telling us it's coordinates.

I want to make sure all my cars have their eye (ie. dot, view, seat) located exactly in-between where the virtual driver's eyes are. I feel like many games, and many cars, have unrealistic default seating (ie. eye, view) positions - often too high and/or either too close or too far.

I want the default 0,0 view point for every car to be exactly where the driver's eyes are in 3D space (x, y, z coordinates).

P.S. I've been saying for around 15 years that racing sims should have a 3D view of each car in the view settings and allow us to drag around a dot so we can position exactly where we want the view/seat/eye located. Funny, I just noticed this is actually available in Assetto Corsa.

Last edited:
It is eyepoint. I'm no modder but I do adjust the eyepoint for every car. Unfortunately it is a painfully process of adjusting and testing in game. I presume you could use 3DSimEd to achieve what you are describing. I can load a car in the software but I'm very bad at it and have no idea how you would show the eyepoint.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 28 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 17.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 10.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 8 5.7%